By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

Time to buy another wiiu... just in case

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

Ok NES, Gameboy, Wii, DS, these were all popular among children because parents told their kids thats what they wanted.

What ur saying is nonsense, kids decide what they want in terms of toys and more times than not parents will give in and get it for them.

They were popular among children because media and advertisement informed parents to get those for their kids. What I'm saying is fact.

glad I have the games I need for my Wii U. only a few left then I'm good with my WiiU library.

KLXVER said:

Since when did Nintendo ever rely on a previous console game to sell a new one?

I don't understand what you're asking.

spemanig said:
KLXVER said:

Since when did Nintendo ever rely on a previous console game to sell a new one?

I don't understand what you're asking.

They are going to make a new Mario Kart to sell the NX, not keep pushing MK8 on the NX.

Around the Network

Discontinuing a console so early does not exactly breathe confidence. Most successful consoles had predecessors that lasted for a long time as well. Exceptions being 360 and Wii.

Farsala said:
Discontinuing a console so early does not exactly breathe confidence. Most successful consoles had predecessors that lasted for a long time as well. Exceptions being 360 and Wii.

Confidence in what? Barely anyone is buying the damn thing...

Not surprised as it was a failure from launch as I predicted. I don't see how anyone can anticipate their next console or have faith in Nintendo again.

spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:

Ok NES, Gameboy, Wii, DS, these were all popular among children because parents told their kids thats what they wanted.

What ur saying is nonsense, kids decide what they want in terms of toys and more times than not parents will give in and get it for them.

They were popular among children because media and advertisement informed parents to get those for their kids. What I'm saying is fact.

No, media & advertisements told kids they were cool products then kids told their parents thats what they wanted.

What ur saying is nonsense and it has always been kids that told parents what they want, not the other way around.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Farsala said:

Amount of time on the market has very little significance on whether or not the successor will succeed. Sega, Nintendo & Microsofts best selling hardware released after their hardware that was on the market the shortest amount of time.

Master System, Gameboy Advance, Xbox were all replaced in 4 years or less and succeeded by Genesis, DS, 360.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.