By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nikkei: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year

X gonna give it to ya!

Around the Network

Einsam_Delphin said:

spemanig said:

You sound like me here. How does that make you feel?

Does it make you feel goooooood?

lol get over yourself!

Aerys said:
Soundwave said:

Welp at least Wii U is getting a successor. Vita isn't. Both are massive failures. 

But getting a successor doesnt make the console better, if anything, it makes it worse.

At least without successor Vita will get support for years.

You realise that Vita is very possible last Sony handheld and that Sony dropped Vita support years ago.

Mystro-Sama said:
WHAAAAAT THEEEE FUUUUUUUCK!? :O

Usually you keep selling the previous console for a year or two after next gen comes out before discontinuing it.

They probably made too many, compaired to what they think they can still sell.

spemanig said:
Luke888 said:

I think Pikmin should be available at launch with Zelda & all the other titles, Pikmin offers such a different gameplay that it might manage to convince into purchasing NX more people. also, knowing that the game was almost done in early 2015 I think that Nintendo will push this time to have 2 Pikmin games on the same system/ a new IP by the Pikmin team ...

I definitely don't. Pikmin isn't a killer app. It isn't even slightly this juggarnaut franchise. The NX won't need it at launch to sell. What Pikmin if good for is being a library filler, like Donkey Kong Country Returns or Wonderful 101. Of course a few people will buy an NX for a new Pikmin, but most people buying a game like Pikmin will be people looking for new games to buy on a platform they already own. It will be a far more useful game to have in February, maybe early instead of late. Something to fill in the gap between another killer app in mid March or something so that there is a steady stream of first party games releasing throughout 2017, which will be crutial for the success of the NX.

If Nintendo can get a killer app out in mid March, late May/early June, early September, and then holiday 2017, sprinkled in with some library fillers like Pikmin 4 throughout the year, the NX is going to be a very scary force to contend with. With Nintendo combining their home and handheld console divisions, this is doing to be a very real and easily achievable possibility. NX Nintendo ain't yo daddy's Nintendo.

Thats Nintendos biggest problem I think. People complain that Nintendo only makes Mario, Zelda, Pokemon etc...yet no one will buy their system if it doesnt have Mario, Zelda, Pokemon etc...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Thats Nintendos biggest problem I think. People complain that Nintendo only makes Mario, Zelda, Pokemon etc...yet no one will buy their system if it doesnt have Mario, Zelda, Pokemon etc...

That's their biggest strength. Company's would kill to have IP that valuable. I don't agree that no one would buy a Nintendo system without those games though. DS took off because of Nintendogs and Brain Age.

Honestly if ur not happy with what Wii U got by the end of 2016 than u were never gonna be happy with Wii U so lets just move on and hope NX is better.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

spemanig said:
KLXVER said:

That's their biggest strength. Company's would kill to have IP that valuable.

Sony and MS dont have them, yet their consoles are selling better...

I just hope Nintendo has learnt their lesson and that they follow up with a solid console.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

KLXVER said:
spemanig said:

That's their biggest strength. Company's would kill to have IP that valuable.

Sony and MS dont have them, yet their consoles are selling better...

How is that relevant?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.