By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why Did You Join VGC?

Why Did You Join?

The Community 13 13.98%

The Sales 51 54.84%

The Discussion 17 18.28%

Other 5 5.38%

See Results 7 7.53%

Total:93

I'd just turned 16 and got a computer with Internet for the first time proper as well as my own console, the Wii. My brother and I were playing through Red Steel 2 and we liked it so looked up a sequel and found them asking for minimum 500k sales to make one. I was curious how close we were so, I came here.

After finding that one I immediately started looking at others, but it was a little tough to join a community for the first time. Then Amp created a thread about Monster Hunter Tri, a game I was into at the time so it seemed like a good opportunity to try it out. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I didn't really have intention on joining until GameTrailers started to collapse in 2012, so, considering that I lurked for a while and was familiar with how things are done here, I signed-up.

sales and lurking earlier as a none member

Joined for the sales numbers, like i'm sure most other people did, as well. It is supposed to be a sales numbers site.

I decided to join because back in the day the lurkers that came to the site could see the top 200 best selling games, but one day things changed and we were left with "only" the top 50 titles. That bothered me and, after a while, I decided to join the site mainly to be able to see the full chart again.

And then VGCPro arrived...

But since I was already a member and I had become used to the site, I decided to stay and start posting.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I joined so I could achieve my inevitable dominion over the internet.

Toxy said:
I joined so I could achieve my inevitable dominion over the internet.

And how's the plan going?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I took interest in the site because of the numbers but I joined the forum because I like to converse and debate with others that like video games. There's not many places where you can discuss video games and it not turn into typical console war mud slinging. That's why I stay around for the most part.

I came for the sales numbers, being a person who likes statistics and whatnot.

I stayed for the community, I very much like most of the people here.

Although I only visit sparingly anymore... Real life gets in the way a bit.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Versus_Evil said:
Aeolus451 said:
I took interest in the site because of the numbers but I joined the forum because I like to converse and debate with others that like video games. There's not many places where you can discuss video games and it not turn into typical console war mud slinging. That's why I stay around for the most part.

To be fair theres alot of that on here but its no where near as bad as other forumns, Id go as far to say this is the most peacefull of the lot.

Users here, for the most part, try to back up their opinions or they elaborate a lot more compared to other places. I like that alot. It's very tolerable here at these levels of mud slinging (for me) and frankly, it keeps things around here lively. If people got along too well, it would just be boring. NX rumors galore.