By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Survey Asks If You'd "Sell Back" Digital Games for 10% Purchase Price

Would you sell them back for that amount?

Yes 40 21.05%

No 150 78.95%

Total:190

Would you "sell back" your digital Xbox games to Microsoft for 10 percent the purchase price in Xbox Store credit? That's the question Microsoft is apparently putting to customers as part of a new survey that popped up on Reddit.

Assuming a $60 purchase price, 10 percent would be $6. As pointed out in this NeoGAF thread, that may not seem like much. But currently, a digital game has no real residual value as a physical one does.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-survey-asks-if-youd-sell-back-digital-games-f/1100-6435830/

Around the Network

Well the current buy back % is 0 so.... I can't see why people wouldn't take 10%

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

"residual value as a physical one"

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

HAHAHAHA!!!!! NO!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I think a better option is having the ability to trade/give games with other users as long as the game has been out for a year or longer. Then a traded copy cant be given/traded again for like 6 months to prevent exploiting that system.

That would add great value to digital ownership.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Well the current buy back % is 0 so.... I can't see why people wouldn't take 10%

All we know for certain people often trade games for less at Gamestop.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

In the majority of cases no, but there are few games that I can’t see myself replaying. For those games I possibly would maybe sorta kinda someday be interested in selling back to Xbox live.

95% of my games are digital, just because i cant buy physical games where i live.

But i cant see any benefit from buying digital, the only one that i could think of is the fact that you can preload your games before release so you can play them the exact moment that they are released.

Digital games are overpriced, cant be traded, cant loan it to your friends, when the server goes down you pretty much are fucked, i mean the list goes on and on...

So, if you buy a 60$ game, you'd have the option of resell it at 30-40$ with a physical copy, or for 6$ with this digital system. Even if it is more than nothing, it still doesn't compare to retail by a lot. And then there's the option of trading one game for another of similar value instead of selling it (it would be amazing if you could do this digitally).

Also, who would pay for the digital "used copy", Microsoft or the publisher?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Mr Puggsly said:
I think a better option is having the ability to trade/give games with other users as long as the game has been out for a year or longer. Then a traded copy cant be given/traded again for like 6 months to prevent exploiting that system.

That would add great value to digital ownership.

That would be a nice feature to have but I don't see it ever happening for any major online store.  Shame that Nintendo even took away the ability to gift games to friends with the Wii U considering it was an option with the Wii.  Perhaps EA should do that with Origin to attract some positive buzz about their store besides having to give free games away due to launch problems like they had with SimCity.