Fun times. 1 2.50%

I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40

I've read more of that Yankee manga, and it's pretty cute. I'm really liking the duo that is the yankee and the cute/silly mage girl. One thing that really surprised me was when Zero was allowed to have any sort of weapon made by the old blacksmith, and of all things, he went with a pipe... It's Mithril, but... it's still a pipe. Pretty ridiculous, but it beats the usual sword, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Well, I started reading Yankee wa Isekai, and it's fun and cute with good art, but man, when they showed Zero's funeral and his crying sister, that was pretty sad : ( That was a blow to my heart. Although it was also funny how 4 eyed God used the different sided dice to roll Zero's new stats like he was making a D&D character. Quite a ride the 1st chapter was. Also, those spirits are dang cute.

They certainly didn't play around with the starting point.  Just, bam.  

I liked the Mithril Iron Pipe thing, too.  He strayed true to his nature.

The girls so far are pretty great.  Even the older sister seems ... interesting.  No telling at all if the story in this is going to be worth a darn yet, though.

Speaking of starting points, I just opened something called Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai and it has a rather eye-catching beginning-

Chapter 8 of the Bunny Girl manga and I still have no idea if I like it or not.  I mean, there are things I like and things I don't like.  On the negative side, it really comes across as one of those Light Novel adaptations that try so hard to sound intelligent and scientific when it's mostly just BS.  Yes, Schrodinger's Cat has already been mentioned and discussed to death (or not).  As such, I've skipped several pages of pure dialogue.  It feels Chuunibyou-ish.  

On the other hand, it's kind of interesting and I don't know where it's headed.

Also, the character introductions are nifty.

One piece: Oda is really making question if Dogtooth Norris is Luffy's older half brother. I'm guessing his flaw is either he can't he has super haki, but can't use the other forms of haki as effectively. Like when he was using forsight, his armament was basically on par with Luffy's. When using that higher form of armament, he got hit. Either that or he needs his sugar rush because of low stamina. So far he may be one of my favorite characters in the series so far... 

MHA: I dunno not much to say here other than Chisaki is proving once again he's scum of the Earth. Actually wait, he did say something about a potential serum, so its possible that down the line, maybe in an arc or two one can be create.

Cloudman said:

I think I'm way over-due on a spooky manga, so I'm gonna deliver. This one's not quite a horror though. It's more... supernatural perhaps?

Either way, this one's quite a bit different from a usual horror, and it's called Vanilla Spider. This one's about webs that hang above the city, where strange spider creatures feed on people by taking over the bodies of other humans and using them to eat others. How they use humans to do this, well...

It's a strange manga, but it's something different. So there's that. However, they don't stand unchallenged in the story. A student at the school fights against them, acting as a sort of 'Spider Slayer' with the help of his trusted weapon, a... faucet pole weapon thing.... He's also trying to protect a girl he has a crush on.

So yeah, that's the manga, with some suspense, action, and mystery, especially with the man the MC works for; another alien who wears the skin of dead people and assists him in the spider killings.

And if that's not your thing, you can just read the misadventures of elevator-chan

I've been looking at this for a couple of days, trying to figure out whether this is a horror of comedy. After reading it, I ended up liking it, but I can bring myself to think of it as exactly horror either lol. It reminds me a lot of Parasyte in concept in some ways. Except for the guy who wears people... lol. Like, I know you said it already, but I didn't really process it until way into reading it.

Around the Network

Komi-san wa Komyusho desu is a manga about a very ordinary guy who finds out that the school idol isn't just being a cool beauty, she actually has a communications disorder.  It has really short chapters but I find the humor to be hilarious.

I love the way her eyes get really big and she seems to vibrate.  

pokoko said:

Chapter 8 of the Bunny Girl manga and I still have no idea if I like it or not.  I mean, there are things I like and things I don't like.  On the negative side, it really comes across as one of those Light Novel adaptations that try so hard to sound intelligent and scientific when it's mostly just BS.  Yes, Schrodinger's Cat has already been mentioned and discussed to death (or not).  As such, I've skipped several pages of pure dialogue.  It feels Chuunibyou-ish.  

On the other hand, it's kind of interesting and I don't know where it's headed.

Also, the character introductions are nifty.

Cool to see you also jumped on this manga. I've actually been reading it for awhile now, but never made a post about it because it's an odd title. That 1st chapter and cover were interesting, but it felt kind of random after that. I do like the characters though. Like the guy isn't shy about saying what's on his mind or pointing things out, which is refreshing when many main male characters are too embarrassed to do so.

At least the main plot point of the girl disappearing is interesting.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Dravenet7 said:
Cloudman said:

I think I'm way over-due on a spooky manga, so I'm gonna deliver. This one's not quite a horror though. It's more... supernatural perhaps?

Either way, this one's quite a bit different from a usual horror, and it's called Vanilla Spider. This one's about webs that hang above the city, where strange spider creatures feed on people by taking over the bodies of other humans and using them to eat others. How they use humans to do this, well...

It's a strange manga, but it's something different. So there's that. However, they don't stand unchallenged in the story. A student at the school fights against them, acting as a sort of 'Spider Slayer' with the help of his trusted weapon, a... faucet pole weapon thing.... He's also trying to protect a girl he has a crush on.

So yeah, that's the manga, with some suspense, action, and mystery, especially with the man the MC works for; another alien who wears the skin of dead people and assists him in the spider killings.

And if that's not your thing, you can just read the misadventures of elevator-chan

I've been looking at this for a couple of days, trying to figure out whether this is a horror of comedy. After reading it, I ended up liking it, but I can bring myself to think of it as exactly horror either lol. It reminds me a lot of Parasyte in concept in some ways. Except for the guy who wears people... lol. Like, I know you said it already, but I didn't really process it until way into reading it.

Yeah, this is definitely an oddball manga in terms of 'horror'. There are some horrific moments, but it is comical as well at times. And perhaps more so with his other titles, there just seems to be be something odd and a little unsettling under the surface of this author's works. In Vanilla Spider for example, there's of the glasses girl's friends who just seems unusually large compared to everyone else.

Dance my pretties!

pokoko said:

Komi-san wa Komyusho desu is a manga about a very ordinary guy who finds out that the school idol isn't just being a cool beauty, she actually has a communications disorder.  It has really short chapters but I find the humor to be hilarious.

I love the way her eyes get really big and she seems to vibrate.  

Those eyes....! They just draw me in. I gotta check this one out now.

Dance my pretties!

When the girl you like finds out that you were a Chuunibyou.