- Aka akatoretachi no monogatari
- Zetman

And some "classics"
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Berserk

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Cloudman said:
Okay, the User Recommended section has been updated with genre listings and summaries! If there is anything wrong with the listings or summaries, feel free to let me know and I'll change it

Also, read Watashi no Koi wa Muzukashi, and I really enjoyed it. It's funny and very relate-able. The main characters are like normal working people who have similar hobbies to people on the site like games, comics, collecting things, etc, and they talk about and reference games, which makes it funny when you get them. Also, seeing the main 2 characters chat with each other is very funny. The main girl is actually very loud, expressive and seems almost more of a nerd than the guy. It's really funny to see xD

Honestly, I get kind of happy just finding a manga where the characters aren't in middle shcool or high school.  That's somewhat rare for a 'real world' manga.  Besides that, though the characters certainly qualify as otaku, it doesn't exaggerate that factor to a ridiculous degree.  That lets me relate to them, as you said.  I'm not on the same level as either of them but I can understand pretty much where they're coming from.  I mean, I know I don't really want to chat about the moe goodness of Yuru Yuri at work.

It's also interesting that the manga has already established that the prefered type for each character is that of their friend's significant other.

Male lead - likes big boobs, ends up with flat girlfrield
Male lead's friend - likes small and cute girls, ends up with abrasive girl with large breasts

Female lead - says male lead's friend is hotter than her boyfriend
Female lead's friend - praises male lead and says she's somewhat jealous

Pretty sure this theme is going to keep popping up.

Haha, you do make a good point. I feel like I was seeing more and more manga about high school life and cute girls in anime stores before, so something focusing more on adults is a nice change. I agree on the characters not being too over the top, and creepy. I used to have an apartment arranged like Hirotaka's place, with games stacked under the TV and anime figurines set up in a corner. I also had friends who comment about the Super Famicom being nostalgic for them x ) Though yeah, I didn't talk about that stuff at work or with friends either, unless they brought it up, and it usually focused on popular manga or the less odd manga.

Also, you made a good point on the leads and their preferences. I only remembered Hirotaka liked big boobs.. x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Reading the afterword for the last chapter of Watashi no Koi wa Muzukashii in vol. 1 was interesting. I didn't know that the author originally posted it on pixiv and that it got popular enough that a major publisher came calling. That's kind of awesome. I was really surprised to see vol. 1 debut so high, so I guess that's why. Sounds like she's a real-life fujoshi, too.

I hope it stays popular, it's really funny but also endearing.

I've just started reading something called Helck. Anyone tried it before? The humor is good thus far. It's about a human hero who enters a tournament in the demon world to crown the new Demon King. It seems he's the favorite to win and some of the demon royalty isn't very happy about it.

Manga: Orange (Anime Coming to Summer)

OMG! My most saddest manga I have read and I still haven't finished it =( The reason why I stopped was it was too sad! Cried like a bitch multiple times! The Feels!!!! I will most likely complete it through the anime which is coming next season! But I REALLY Recommend this to people who liked ERASED! This one is definitely much more sadder, but it has that "intense" feeling if the MC Can change the future!

Note to self: Never read a manga with a "Tragedy" genre unless you want to clean your eyes!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

pastro243 said:
I want to recommend some I have been reading lately

- Cage of Edén
- Btooom!
- Zetman

And some "classics"
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Berserk

I added them all except Cage of Eden. I found the manga, but I wasn't sure if it was the one you meant. I could have sworn I've seen Cage of Eden before, but the one I found looked to be different from what I remember. Do you have a picture of the cover or something?

Oh yeah, I looked over the other manga as well. They all seem interesting. Btooom! has the cover like an XB360 game and even feels like one, but in manga form. The art is pretty detailed and the overall story felt like a type of Gantz but in a video game. It seems very interesting and funny inthe sense of what it is sort of parodying/drawing inspiration from. I feel like fans of shooters may really like this one.

Aka Aka was a fun read as well. The vampire deer seemed really crazy and scary. I was certain someone was going to die, but those 2 ninja guys did well together. I imagine things will go down later. Also feel there is some perverted mature stuff in here from what I saw looking for a cover, haha.

Zetman seems reeeally interesting. The art is also very detailed, and it feels like a sort of hero manga, but a dark/more realistic one. I kind of got pulled into it as well and read a couple of chapters. I feel like this one is a really good read and already starts off with a sad loss in the beginning.

I didn't add Kenshin and Berserk because I feel like those are well known ones people know about, and the recommended page is starting to get full, haha... I will def cover Kenshin some time, as it's my all time favorite manga

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Reading the afterword for the last chapter of Watashi no Koi wa Muzukashii in vol. 1 was interesting. I didn't know that the author originally posted it on pixiv and that it got popular enough that a major publisher came calling. That's kind of awesome. I was really surprised to see vol. 1 debut so high, so I guess that's why. Sounds like she's a real-life fujoshi, too.

I hope it stays popular, it's really funny but also endearing

I think it was a similar thing with Horimiyam starting off as a 4-koma or something. I'm glad that took off as well.

I'm hoping this manga continues too. I'm loving it and just want mooore.

Dance my pretties!

Jranation said:

Manga: Orange (Anime Coming to Summer)

OMG! My most saddest manga I have read and I still haven't finished it =( The reason why I stopped was it was too sad! Cried like a bitch multiple times! The Feels!!!! I will most likely complete it through the anime which is coming next season! But I REALLY Recommend this to people who liked ERASED! This one is definitely much more sadder, but it has that "intense" feeling if the MC Can change the future!

Note to self: Never read a manga with a "Tragedy" genre unless you want to clean your eyes!

Oh boy, I gave the 1st chapter a read and I feel it's already going to be a good/sad read. The art is really nice too. Def gonna read this one. Added to the rec section.

Dance my pretties!

Why haven't I heard of Helck before?  This is pretty darn good.  It can be silly but then shift gears and get serious.  It also has a fair number of good characters.

Helck is a human hero and massively powerful but he seems to have switched over to the demon side.  The demons are mostly peaceful but are being attacked by a human force which is far stronger than in the past thanks to a mysterious magic.

So far, the perspective is mostly that of Vamiro(chan), the cute girl in the picture.  She's actually one of the Four Heavenly Kings of the demon realm, just below the Emperor.  She's trying to find out what's going on with the humans and why Helck turned against them.

Cloudman said:
pastro243 said:
I want to recommend some I have been reading lately

- Cage of Edén
- Btooom!
- Zetman

And some "classics"
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Berserk

I added them all except Cage of Eden. I found the manga, but I wasn't sure if it was the one you meant. I could have sworn I've seen Cage of Eden before, but the one I found looked to be different from what I remember. Do you have a picture of the cover or something?

Oh yeah, I looked over the other manga as well. They all seem interesting. Btooom! has the cover like an XB360 game and even feels like one, but in manga form. The art is pretty detailed and the overall story felt like a type of Gantz but in a video game. It seems very interesting and funny inthe sense of what it is sort of parodying/drawing inspiration from. I feel like fans of shooters may really like this one.

Aka Aka was a fun read as well. The vampire deer seemed really crazy and scary. I was certain someone was going to die, but those 2 ninja guys did well together. I imagine things will go down later. Also feel there is some perverted mature stuff in here from what I saw looking for a cover, haha.

Zetman seems reeeally interesting. The art is also very detailed, and it feels like a sort of hero manga, but a dark/more realistic one. I kind of got pulled into it as well and read a couple of chapters. I feel like this one is a really good read and already starts off with a sad loss in the beginning.

I didn't add Kenshin and Berserk because I feel like those are well known ones people know about, and the recommended page is starting to get full, haha... I will def cover Kenshin some time, as it's my all time favorite manga

Thank you! Rk is my all time favorite too. 

I figured Btooom! Would be a nice thing to recommend on a videogame forum because of the plot. And Zetman is awesome, too bad I had to stop reading for a lot of time and now I can't remember where I left it

I think the original name of Cage of eden was eden no ori. It's fun if you like survival manga and prehistoric animals and stuff. Has it's fair share of ecchi which can sometimes be good or bad haha

BraLoD said:

Good to see the thread is getting some movement, I was always concerned that creating one couldn't be such a good idea as I didn't see many manga fans here, more anime fans.

There are dozens of us!

I'm glad as well. I was considering suggesting turning the anime thread into a joint anime/manga thread, but that would grow way too chaotic. This thread proves we have a healthy manga community here that just needs a place to vent. I know I need that sometimes. x.x

Congrats to Cloud and Platty. You guys are doing a great job so far.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334