I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Cloudman said:

The 4th one Boku Dake Ga Nai Machi (Erased) I recall being really popular lately, especially the anime. I didn't even know it had a manga. Seeing how that has a lot of buzz around it now, I feel I need to give this one a look...

The anime for Boku Dake Ga Nai Machi is really good but the manga is incredible.  Since it's not bound by time limitations, it has a lot more detail, which gives it more depth and lets the impact of each new revelation twist around in your mind.  I was blown away by it when I first started reading.  I also fell in love with the main character's mom.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

The 4th one Boku Dake Ga Nai Machi (Erased) I recall being really popular lately, especially the anime. I didn't even know it had a manga. Seeing how that has a lot of buzz around it now, I feel I need to give this one a look...

The anime for Boku Dake Ga Nai Machi is really good but the manga is incredible.  Since it's not bound by time limitations, it has a lot more detail, which gives it more depth and lets the impact of each new revelation twist around in your mind.  I was blown away by it when I first started reading.  I also fell in love with the main character's mom.

Well shoot, that just raised the stakes even more. Now I gotta check it out.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

pokoko said:

Anyone seen the Yamada-kun live action?  I thought it was better than the anime.

Personally, I liked Yankee-kun to Megane-chan more than Yamada-kun.

I just started Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, which is about a fujoshi office lady and game otaku office guy who knew each other in middle school and are now at the same company.  It seems she is awful at love and now tries to hide her obsessions but she likes having a fellow otaku who understands her grousing.  There is a part that refers to her as a "2D polygamist" which cracked me up.  Shameless!

I have seen it actually, though I didn't watch the anime. Despite some of the characters looking different from their manga counterparts as well as some story differences (like meiko kissing her dog to find out her power), I really enjoyed it, and the characters are portrayed really well too, especially Yamada and Shiraishi. They did good playing their roles as well as being switched.

There are a lot of funny moments too, (and sad for Yamada, like that scene with the ping pong players, the older lady, etc...) It was very short and did something interesting with the villain and ending, but I liked it. Not bad at all.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Platina said:
Super_Boom said:

I need to get back into Yamada-kun. I kinda lost interest when the whole plot basically started repeating itself. The new cast is fun, and I like the new girl on the student council (Midori?), but I miss the old gang. It's still hilarious though, so I'll probably get back into it once I catch up on One Punch Man.

Speaking of which, if anyone here liked the One Punch Man anime, I highly recommend Yusuke Murata's version of the manga. The way it portrays action scenes is phenomenal, I've never seen like it in the action shonen genre. It reads almost like a working script of an anime, and it really works well for what the series is.

Basically why I dropped it, but unlike you, I don't plan on picking it up anytime soon (unless it is completed or something..) :p

Same here! I stopped reading at that part too. And yeah..... I didn't feel like going back to it. Overall the mystery and the endless kisses was pleasing to my tummy! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

I Vaguely remember my brother saying that the directors of the anime made it more "Western" vibe to it. Can't remember of examples he said (I'll post it when I get the chance to ask him) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

One Piece chapter 822 thoughts

that ending caught me off guard did not expect Vivi to be going to the new world i'm curious for what reason? maybe reunite with Luffy and the others but for what reason? 

Bleach chapter 669 thoughts

while it was hyped finally seeing Kennpachi's bankai the chapter itself went by very fast due to either not having a lot of dialog and of course Kubo and his big ass panels really made this chapter's ending feel really abrupt and kinda of underwalming 

New Bleach...oh my god, it's everything I wanted :')
Can't wait for next week, where the battle will really get out of control!

Also close to finishing Part V of Jojo, just saw the main antagonist Stand...and damn is all I can say.

Cloudman said:

Sounds like I'm not the only person who feels this way

The thread is still fresh, which is why there hasn't been a manga thread yet. I've got quite a few manga myself, and I hope to have shelves of them some day, haha.

You have some interesting recommendations. I have seen World Trigger many times, but haven't picked it up, which is odd since it looks like it's from Shonen Jump and I love reading from their magazine. I've wanted to read Boku No Hero, but haven't gotten around to it, The art style looks pretty good and fun, and I love the western style heroes I saw bits of in it. I recently caught up to a new manga, so I may give that one a look next.

That last one, Otoyome Gatari, looks pretty different from your usual manga, and the art is soo detailed. A lot of time and care went into the art for it. It seems really interesting and a nice break from usual actiony or school life stuff, hah.

Yep, I've got two bookcases for novels, one just for manga and all three are stuffed to the gills.

Yeah, both World Trigger and Boku no Hero are solid shonen series with plenty of chapters out. I saw the Erased anime during a marathon with friends and was interested enough to look up the manga. Both are great, but the manga is even better since it has more time/space to explore the characters, especially the antagonist. How on Earth did I forget to mention the art of Otoyome? Yeah, it is beautifully crafted and detailed.

I tried some of the suggestions and really enjoyed Tomo Chan and Hitoribocchi.

Was able to get a recommendation for a completed manga:

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Not bad so far..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

BraLoD said:
Shadow8 said:
New Bleach...oh my god, it's everything I wanted :')
Can't wait for next week, where the battle will really get out of control!

Also close to finishing Part V of Jojo, just saw the main antagonist Stand...and damn is all I can say.

Zaraki just got a big jump on the badass meter

He was already a total badass to begin with :P

But now...damn he's a whole different level.