I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40

Jumpday Thursday!

One Piece: YAY VIVI IS BACK I'M SO HAPPY!

Looks like the Zou Arc is over, but it'll lead it into the next big arc. I'm curious if Luffy can really avoid Big Mom, or if that fight will happen already.  Also I wonder if Zoro going to Wano will have any larger significance. I've been hoping for a while that he'd be given a more interesting backstory...and this would be a good place for it. I guess we'll see. Looking forward to next week.  

Bleach: Holy shit that escalated quickly. I was expecting Yachiru's explanation before he used Bankai. Shit though...Kenpachi is a freaking beast.

And Kubo's a fantastic artist like usual.   

Nisekoi: This arc has been killing me...but it's necessary. Frick...that look on Raku's face after reading Chitoge's diary was absolutely heartbreaking...it's obvious how much these two suffer when they're apart. They better reunite soon!

The pacing seems a lot better now, which is good, since this is obviously leading into the climax. I'll be sad when the story ends...but getting over this stress will be a welcome relief at least.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

About One Piece
I really hope Vivi can finally join them, she was the closest to being a mugiwara that didn't join the crew, sure Jinbe even accepted the invite for joining later, but Vivi actually sailed and fought with them all, I would really like to see her becoming a mugiwara, but it's hard to happen, as she is a princess, but I'm very excited to see what this will result into, she going to the sea sure was a surprise.

She's also technically a Tenryubito...as confirmed last arc. It seemed like a random mention, so I was wondering if VIvi would play a role later for that reason.

We'll see though.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I have 2 theories regarding the final reveal of this week's chapter of One Piece

The least possible one is that Vivi was invited to Sanji's wedding.

The most likely one is that she is going to Reverie, which makes sense considering a new reunion was scheduled to happen 2 years after the marineford war, which would be about now.

BraLoD said:

History Strongest Disciple Kenichi: it's also very damn good, it's both fun and serious, it's based on a less than regular guy becoming disciple of a couple of the very strongest martial artists in the world and training with them to become the strongest disciple. The fights and progression on the manga are both very good, a lot of good characters and some both serious takes on martial arts and also light takes on stupid fun moments, it always had a bit of ecchi on it, which is usually part of the fun moments that happen constantly, but I felt like near the end the author started taking too much on that matter, it's usually fun but I really don't like when this kind of stuff starts taking to the stage too often, it becomes annoying and even lame to be honest (Kill la Kill even being short also did it), but it gladly got more too much on that just near the end with a particular event, so it really didn't became a problem (sadly the next work of the author went head on with it from the beginning, which put me away from it, I hope it becomes more sutile later as I plan on giving that other manga another try in the future), so I highly recommend it, it's not very popular so I think it might be a great surprise to some of you.

I read that one for quite awhile but eventually drifted away from it.  It was massive and went on too long for me.  Even though the girl was often eye-candy, I did like her character a lot and she did plenty of fighting.  What I read of it was enjoyable.

psychicscubadiver said:
Cloudman said:

Sounds like I'm not the only person who feels this way

The thread is still fresh, which is why there hasn't been a manga thread yet. I've got quite a few manga myself, and I hope to have shelves of them some day, haha.

You have some interesting recommendations. I have seen World Trigger many times, but haven't picked it up, which is odd since it looks like it's from Shonen Jump and I love reading from their magazine. I've wanted to read Boku No Hero, but haven't gotten around to it, The art style looks pretty good and fun, and I love the western style heroes I saw bits of in it. I recently caught up to a new manga, so I may give that one a look next.

The 4th one Boku Dake Ga Nai Machi (Erased) I recall being really popular lately, especially the anime. I didn't even know it had a manga. Seeing how that has a lot of buzz around it now, I feel I need to give this one a look...

That last one, Otoyome Gatari, looks pretty different from your usual manga, and the art is soo detailed. A lot of time and care went into the art for it. It seems really interesting and a nice break from usual actiony or school life stuff, hah.

Yep, I've got two bookcases for novels, one just for manga and all three are stuffed to the gills.

Yeah, both World Trigger and Boku no Hero are solid shonen series with plenty of chapters out. I saw the Erased anime during a marathon with friends and was interested enough to look up the manga. Both are great, but the manga is even better since it has more time/space to explore the characters, especially the antagonist. How on Earth did I forget to mention the art of Otoyome? Yeah, it is beautifully crafted and detailed.

I tried some of the suggestions and really enjoyed Tomo Chan and Hitoribocchi.

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I just had a small area for my manga. Not quite like a book shelf, but just them all stacked. When I get a bookcase for them, it'll probably only be manga. I'm not really a fan of just standard novels... x_x;

I've added your manga to the recommended section. I'll try to give them a look later. I've been a little busy with other side projects.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
animegaming said:

One Piece chapter 822 thoughts

that ending caught me off guard did not expect Vivi to be going to the new world i'm curious for what reason? maybe reunite with Luffy and the others but for what reason? 

Bleach chapter 669 thoughts

while it was hyped finally seeing Kennpachi's bankai the chapter itself went by very fast due to either not having a lot of dialog and of course Kubo and his big ass panels really made this chapter's ending feel really abrupt and kinda of underwalming 

About One Piece
I really hope Vivi can finally join them, she was the closest to being a mugiwara that didn't join the crew, sure Jinbe even accepted the invite for joining later, but Vivi actually sailed and fought with them all, I would really like to see her becoming a mugiwara, but it's hard to happen, as she is a princess, but I'm very excited to see what this will result into, she going to the sea sure was a surprise.

I was really hoping she would join at the end of Alibasta but of course she didn't but i don't think she'll end up joining them this time ):

BraLoD said:
Oh, and if we are into recommendations, I'll let two of mine that I believe are very, very under appreciated.

Vagabond (still going on)
History Strongest Disciple Kenichi (finished)

Vagabond: it's simple amazing, it's just a shame it's not the author's priority, he treats it as a free expression and has been on a very long hiatus, he just goes back to drawing it when he feels completely on it, so when you reach the current chapters it'll be sad it'll be long until you get more, but dammit, it's very worth of it.
It has one of the best senses of fighting I've seem on any media, you feel the weight of them, it's really, really amazing, the way the art also bounds around it's so damn good, it's based on Miyamoto Musashi's (and Kojiro later) life based on a novel called Musashi. Seriously, deep dive on that one.

History Strongest Disciple Kenichi: it's also very damn good, it's both fun and serious, it's based on a less than regular guy becoming disciple of a couple of the very strongest martial artists in the world and training with them to become the strongest disciple. The fights and progression on the manga are both very good, a lot of good characters and some both serious takes on martial arts and also light takes on stupid fun moments, it always had a bit of ecchi on it, which is usually part of the fun moments that happen constantly, but I felt like near the end the author started taking too much on that matter, it's usually fun but I really don't like when this kind of stuff starts taking to the stage too often, it becomes annoying and even lame to be honest (Kill la Kill even being short also did it), but it gladly got more too much on that just near the end with a particular event, so it really didn't became a problem (sadly the next work of the author went head on with it from the beginning, which put me away from it, I hope it becomes more sutile later as I plan on giving that other manga another try in the future), so I highly recommend it, it's not very popular so I think it might be a great surprise to some of you.

Alright, I'll add them to the list. I gave them both a look. I have a feeling you have a preference to action mangam since I think most of the ones I've heard you mention seem to focus on that. These seem that way as well, but more so with Kenichi. I've seen that one many times on manga sites and I think it was ranked high on popularity. I think a friend of mine suggested it as well. I never picked it up for some reason... : S Looking through the 1st chapter, it looks like a fun light hearted battle manga that could be a bit on the ecchi side, with the girl in the glasses. It looks funny too. One kid looked like a goblin or something xD

Vagabond looks like the opposite of Kenichi o_o The art style is very detailed and realistic, and rather graphic and gory. It kind of reminds me of Kenshin, but more serious. I'm not too fond of the art style, but it's one I can greatly appreciate since the art is very good. I think it's cool the story is based on an actual person.

Gosh, I'm starting to get more manga than I can handle... xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BraLoD said:
Cloudman said:

Alright, I'll add them to the list. I gave them both a look. I have a feeling you have a preference to action mangam since I think most of the ones I've heard you mention seem to focus on that. These seem that way as well, but more so with Kenichi. I've seen that one many times on manga sites and I think it was ranked high on popularity. I think a friend of mine suggested it as well. I never picked it up for some reason... : S Looking through the 1st chapter, it looks like a fun light hearted battle manga that could be a bit on the ecchi side, with the girl in the glasses. It looks funny too. One kid looked like a goblin or something xD

Vagabond looks like the opposite of Kenichi o_o The art style is very detailed and realistic, and rather graphic and gory. It kind of reminds me of Kenshin, but more serious. I'm not too fond of the art style, but it's one I can greatly appreciate since the art is very good. I think it's cool the story is based on an actual person.

Gosh, I'm starting to get more manga than I can handle... xD

He is more like a demon, he's pretty funny as well XD
But even as it's fun a lot of times, it takes martial arts seriously, the battles are really cool, and it progresses very well, you really should give it a try, the drawing also improved considerably on the go, the first chapters aren't as good looking as the midway or lastest ones (pretty much like on One Piece).

About Vagabond, yes, it doesn't do turn arounds, it can get graphic indeed, but it's on a realistic way, it's more in line with Berserk on that, but with less fantasy and more focus on a realistic approach, as it's based on an actual person as you said. There is rape, mutilation, genocid, post fight injure effects, there is even a take on famine of archaic society on the feudal era period, it's a very serious manga, it's a damn piece of art. I consider Vagabond a masterpiece.

(you said I like action but I was the one to open the Fantasy option votes on the pool here, lol XD)

Yeah, I get a feeling this manga focuses a lot on martial arts and battles, but it looks like it's also fun, with some comedic moments. The art does seem a bit lacking in the 1st chapter, but i imagine it gets better.  I'll try giving this a read some time : )

And on Vagabond, Berserk is a good comparison. That also looks serious and more realistic. But I haven't read that either... : S From the 1st chapter, it does look very serious, but also a very good manga.

(Darn, I thought I could guess your favorite type of manga! >_< Oh well, it was worth a try!)

Dance my pretties!

Okay, the User Recommended section has been updated with genre listings and summaries! If there is anything wrong with the listings or summaries, feel free to let me know and I'll change it

Also, read Watashi no Koi wa Muzukashi, and I really enjoyed it. It's funny and very relate-able. The main characters are like normal working people who have similar hobbies to people on the site like games, comics, collecting things, etc, and they talk about and reference games, which makes it funny when you get them. Also, seeing the main 2 characters chat with each other is very funny. The main girl is actually very loud, expressive and seems almost more of a nerd than the guy. It's really funny to see xD

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
Okay, the User Recommended section has been updated with genre listings and summaries! If there is anything wrong with the listings or summaries, feel free to let me know and I'll change it

Also, read Watashi no Koi wa Muzukashi, and I really enjoyed it. It's funny and very relate-able. The main characters are like normal working people who have similar hobbies to people on the site like games, comics, collecting things, etc, and they talk about and reference games, which makes it funny when you get them. Also, seeing the main 2 characters chat with each other is very funny. The main girl is actually very loud, expressive and seems almost more of a nerd than the guy. It's really funny to see xD

Honestly, I get kind of happy just finding a manga where the characters aren't in middle shcool or high school.  That's somewhat rare for a 'real world' manga.  Besides that, though the characters certainly qualify as otaku, it doesn't exaggerate that factor to a ridiculous degree.  That lets me relate to them, as you said.  I'm not on the same level as either of them but I can understand pretty much where they're coming from.  I mean, I know I don't really want to chat about the moe goodness of Yuru Yuri at work.

It's also interesting that the manga has already established that the prefered type for each character is that of their friend's significant other.

Male lead - likes big boobs, ends up with flat girlfrield
Male lead's friend - likes small and cute girls, ends up with abrasive girl with large breasts

Female lead - says male lead's friend is hotter than her boyfriend
Female lead's friend - praises male lead and says she's somewhat jealous

Pretty sure this theme is going to keep popping up.