Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
Bandorr said:

Let's see

one piece - I agree

Shokugeki - I did not see that coming.  This is some star wars shit going on here.  The loveable guy goes dark side. So the guy desperate to be the loveable guy - will also go dark side.  But then something happens and the loveable guy will go good again, and needs this competition to get the other guy to go good again.

Leaving the question - will Soma go dark side?

I think Souma's situation is different enough from Saiba that he isn't necessarily going to follow that same path. Saiba had everything, but felt his talents were being marganilized for being a 'genius', or dismissing all the hard work he put into his passion. With Souma, he's heralded as the underdog that challenges geniuses like his father. I think that parallel will be what ties this story to the present, since Saiba seems Souma as unique compared to the chefs who fled from challenging him.  

Of course...it would be interesting to see a plot like that. Or maybe that Dark Megumi theory will happen instead.

Mike321 said:

I knew it! I never trusted her, she always seemed too nice for me, but it does hurt that she was revealed evil just when Sanji committed to their marriage. This certainly was a great year for Sanji fans but not for the character himself :P. I'm also curious to see how this will affect Sanji, maybe this will change his perception on girls and end the pervert side of his character. Also I hope Reiju is the one who kicks Pudding's ass.

It would be great if Sanji dropped his chilvalrous side, at least somewhat, but I feel this will be something he refuses to sacrifice. I think Reiju or Nami will end up fighting Pudding, which will still please me greatly.

This has been getting more and more obvious I guess, but with this twist, and learning Big Mom's intentions, I think it's clear that this won't be a hit-and-run mission anymore. I really hope to see Luffy gain Yonko status after this arc...though we'll see.

And yes...to be Sanji is suffering. :P  

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

As of now I have finished reading Part 1 through 6 of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga and man does it live up to that title. 

Written and drawn by Hirohiko Araki, the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga tells the story of the Joestar family, a family whose various members discover they are destined to take down supernatural foes using unique powers that they possess. The manga is split up into 8 unique parts, each following the story of one member of the Joestar family, who inevitably has a name that can be abbreviated to the titular "JoJo". 

Stories of friendship, honor and justice, from its beautiful art direction to how creative and insane the situations these characters get into and how much Araki improves on its art and how bizarre these stories get with each arc, the Jojo series is nothing short of amazing. The fact that the storylines never get stale thanks to the switch in protagonists, supporting cast and villians, to even changing the tone and setting of each arc while still maintaining a connection between them is all great.

I encourage anyone to give a shot to the series either by reading the manga or watching the anime adaptations that have been steadily been released since 2012 (right now being at the end of the 4th part), you won't regret it.

Helck is so ridiculously good.  An interesting and twisting story, really good characters, and witty comedic moments mixed in with the tragic and dramatic in just the right measure.  I think what I love the most is that I really have no idea where it will go next.  Even the flashbacks leave me on the edge of my seat, since what happened in the past is a mystery until Helck tells the story of why he has betrayed humanity to join the demons.  

Also, it has my Vamirio.

pokoko said:

Helck is so ridiculously good.  An interesting and twisting story, really good characters, and witty comedic moments mixed in with the tragic and dramatic in just the right measure.  I think what I love the most is that I really have no idea where it will go next.  Even the flashbacks leave me on the edge of my seat, since what happened in the past is a mystery until Helck tells the story of why he has betrayed humanity to join the demons.  

Also, it has my Vamirio.

I thought I was one of the only people who read this lol. Yes it is very good indeed!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

I thought I was one of the only people who read this lol. Yes it is very good indeed!

There is at least one other reader here, though he doesn't post a lot.  He commented when I posted about Helck a few months ago.

It's kind of funny.  I see some pretty mediocre stuff become popular just because it's in Jump or has flashy character designs.  Helck just doesn't have that kind of exposure or hook.  I guess it's too complicated and story-driven for a lot of shounen readers, as well.  

Related to that, I'm kind of glad Helck didn't win the popularity contest by the publisher to determine their next anime.  I don't think an anime could come close to doing it justice unless it was on-going, which almost never happens anymore.

Around the Network

One Piece: Guess who's back!!

Ahhhh yeah. I was excited about the ending. I was wondering what happened to Jinbe. Now I'll just hope he joins the crew after this...hehehe...

Big Mom vs. Brook...well, shit. Hopefully Brook has an escape plan up his sleeve. 

Pudding sure has a plot convenient power. More importantly though, I wonder how Sanji will react to this. True suffering.  

Shokugeki: Too much...

Well, it finally happened. Saiba snapped from all the pressure. The wandering adventurer parallels worked well; it really did seem overwhelming to constantly have to plan for the next goal, without ever being able to linger on his own victories. Maybe next time we'll see how he met Souma's mom, whether or not she had the Yukihira name, and what convinced him to open a diner.  

My Hero Academia: ?

That was strange...was the last panel of Shinsou, or whatever the mind-control kid was named? His power combined with One for All would be extremely fearsome, for sure. Maybe All Might was aware of this kid's existence before he met Deku?

God damn is that Class B kid annoying.  

Fairy Tail: Evil Loli

I never liked Wendy for whatever reason. Maybe I just find the clumsy cute girl archetype boring...or just lost interest after her story was basically finished in her introductory arc. 

Also funny that Eileen basically admitted the whole backstory explanation was pointless. I guess Wendy will probably reject her somehow. Will friendship save the day, or will Erza being a Mary Sue save the day? Or both? Find out next time!  

In other news, I started reading Tokyo Ghoul the other day...and wow, this is different than what I was expecting. It's dark...but not purely for shock value, and the art really works with the tone. About 10 chapters in...and I have to say, the main character's struggle over whether or not to become a cannibal felt very...real. Reminded me of my average Tuesday...heyo!

*vanishes back into the shadows*

pokoko said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

There is at least one other reader here, though he doesn't post a lot.  He commented when I posted about Helck a few months ago.

It's kind of funny.  I see some pretty mediocre stuff become popular just because it's in Jump or has flashy character designs.  Helck just doesn't have that kind of exposure or hook.  I guess it's too complicated and story-driven for a lot of shounen readers, as well.  

Related to that, I'm kind of glad Helck didn't win the popularity contest by the publisher to determine their next anime.  I don't think an anime could come close to doing it justice unless it was on-going, which almost never happens anymore.

Yeah I am glad it didn't win as well....even though I would love to see an Anime for it. And Helck needs more attention and this latest chapter 82.2 just got me hype lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

pokoko said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Me? I mean, I read Helck and don't post much, but I'm not sure I'm that guy.

I would agree that I wouldn't want Helck to be an anime. Some things are better just as manga.

psychicscubadiver said:

Me? I mean, I read Helck and don't post much, but I'm not sure I'm that guy.

I would agree that I wouldn't want Helck to be an anime. Some things are better just as manga.

Yeah, I meant someone else.  Good to know that there are more of us.

Bandorr said:

Did not expect that Shokugeki no soma ending.  I should have though. It is all so very clear now.

While I was expecting him to go insane and super evil, it seems he just goes lazy and gives up.  He can't hold up to everyones pressure and demands and just gives up.  He won't even go to the "blue" I bet.

Two guesses how he meets the mom.

1) walks into a run down restaurant.  They have no chef/the chef is busy. He becomes the chef and wows people with simple meals that would never impress at his school

2) Escapes and passes out. Is found passed out on the side of the road and a woman picks him up.  The woman feeds him and brings him back to health.  She cooks for him and takes care of him.  He doesn't even take up cooking until later.

Do we even know what happened to the mom? Cancer? Die? Run away?

I don't think anything has been said about his mother, so it's all assumptions at this point, but I think the most common theory is that she passed away. 

There's not much to go on, but in the very first chapter, Jouchiro's unspoken advice was to "find someone/a girl to cook for." I'm too lazy to look up how it was written, but I recall the implication being that the best advice to improve his cooking was to find a romantic interest. Since Jou is still wild right now in this flashback, it seems to me like meeting Souma's mother will be what brings about this change in philosophy.

There isn't a whole lot of romance in SnS...so I do wonder if the author will write a way around it, but I think this is the obvious path if the author wants to introduce the mother into the story, and tie into that unspoken advice. I'm curious if her name will be Yukihira, or if that's just a made-up name. If it's the former, then Souma will join a long list of other shounen MCs who take their mom's last name (Naruto, Ichigo, Josuke, Ed Elric, Luffy's brother, etc).