Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40

Updato

My Hero Academia: 8!

I always have trouble reading fight scenes in these type of manga. I'd prefer to see this adapted...but oh well.

Looks like Deku is achieving a new level. I notice he's narrating right now...I guess this is going to be a big milestone in his journey. Maybe this will push Bakugou off the deep end. *sweats*  

Shokugeki no Souma: Food torture gag more than a gag?

That was interesting. Not the Saiba worship...that was expected. Seeing Saiba's reactions to the faces around him, and choosing to create a 'bad' dish instead was pretty interesting. The gag where Souma and his dad experiment with weird flavors was probably caused by Saiba feeling so constrained. Their flexibility and willingness to try new things has been a recurring theme for a while, so this seems to be what spurred it on.

Still, curious how this affects Azami, and why he turned so...evil. Maybe he misunderstood why Saiba started down this path?  

One Piece: ???

I feel like I missed something. Where did the frog come from?

This chapter felt all over the place. Maybe it's the weekly reading catching up to me, but it doesn't seem like it's flowing naturally lately. Not sure how to explain it...maybe it'll feel more like classic One Piece once Big Mom and Luffy clash...

Speaking of Big Mom, how in the heck is Brook gonna get out of this? @_@  

Fairy Tail: ...

For some reason I thought Eileen being Erza's mom was already confirmed. Maybe it was just so obvious I didn't think it was worth an actual reveal.

Also, this mean Erza is half dragon? Weird.  

Seven Deadly Sins is apparently on break till mid-January while Suzuki is having surgery done. Apparently he wrote up a bunch of omakes before leaving though, so it'll get short updates while he's out. This week's omake was pretty funny....Shota Griamor apparently cuddling with Veronica, only to return to Bara Griamor after being...kissed. I guess he's back now? Pff...  

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Ever learned that the author of a manga you like is also the author of another manga you like?  And that you would never have guessed in a million years based on the contents of each?

I just discovered that the author of Josei romance/comedy manga Liar X Liar is also the author of Hare + Guu.  That blows my mind.  It's like finding out that Donald Trump enjoys baking cookies and cakes in his spare time.

I absolutely loved Guu.  I really need to watch that anime again.

pokoko said:

Argh.  I just caught up to Liar X Liar and I'm already sad that now I have to wait for updates.  I thought that it would kind of flounder after the initial concept ran its course but that wasn't the case at all.  At chapter 52, it's as good as ever--actually, I think it's better now, with a different side of the conflict coming out.  It's very well written in that the story has not out-paced itself.  The entire situation has changed and yet the weight of everything that has happened is still there, keeping the characters from understanding one another.  I like this manga quite a bit.

Cloudman said:
Here's a surpriser. The manga, Again!!, got another update, with not one, but 2 chapters! Pretty good as well. Makes me feel bad for Akira, though she's just acting kinda crazy now.

Akira is a girl who is in love with being in love.  She's like a drug addict who is desperate to regain that magical feeling.  She was using Hiro even if she didn't know it.  Else, I think she would have realized how shallow he was.  Instead, he check the right boxes by being handsome and popular, which was enough for her.

In that regard, I totally understand why Oka was annoyed with her.

That being said, I still can't help but feel really bad for her.  Hiro really is a piece of crap.

Yeah, it became very apparent when she became a terrifying heartbreak monster. The latest two chapters really do put her in a bad light, and looking back, I dunno if I would say she has many redeeming qualities, aside from just being a lil bratty. Still, as you say, I still feel bad for her. Not only did she date a crappy guy, but despite that, before the Again!! she seemed to have had a good time in high school. Now she's just been miserable.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

pokoko said:

Ever learned that the author of a manga you like is also the author of another manga you like?  And that you would never have guessed in a million years based on the contents of each?

I just discovered that the author of Josei romance/comedy manga Liar X Liar is also the author of Hare + Guu.  That blows my mind.  It's like finding out that Donald Trump enjoys baking cookies and cakes in his spare time.

I sorta did with the author of Genkigai no Honya-san. After reading it for awhile, I felt I've seen the art style before, and later learned I've read some of his other works without knowing it...Also, I'm pretty sure he's a big pervert as well, haha.

My all time favorite author, the writer of Kenshin, did a decent manga after that and then... kinda fell off the face of the earth. Makes me kinda sad...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

pokoko said:

Hmm...the obvious one or me is Fairy Tail / Rave Master, even if the obvious nods make it easy to connect.

I watched Rave Master on Cartoon Network back in middle school, and thought it was enjoyable. Never finished it back then, but I remember I used to think the MC was cool, and the main girl was insanely cute. Also never really thought of it as an anime at the time...since it came out during that awkward era where American dubbing companies would westernize the hell out of everything (heck, they even had Reel Big Fish sing the opening).

Probably like a decade later, a friend on a forum was talking about Fairy Tail, and so I thought I'd give it a shot. Got a few chapters in...and was surprised to see this dude again.

I looked it up, and surprise! Same author. Once I caught up on Fairy Tail, I read all of Rave Master, and found even more connections, but it was funny to run into a connection like that.

The only other example that comes to mind is Shokugeki no Souma, where the artist apparently used to draw hentai...but I don't feel like going into that. 

Around the Network

Well, apparently a bunch of Jump manga (maybe the whole magazine?) are on break this week, and so my update is a lot shorter. I got caught up some other stuff, so might as well add that too.

Fairy Tail: Seems Nashi will be conceived sooner rather than later~

This chapter was better than previous, since this flashback aligns with what was already set up. Interesting that Eileen was the one who proposed the Dragon Slayer plan. 

Still think Erza being half-dragon is random as hell...but I'll wait to see how this plays out.  

Seven Deadly Sins: RIP

Well that was sad..even if Gustaf's death seemed horribly contrived at the time. At least we know now why it happened, for better or worse. I guess Jericho has an excuse to re-enter the story.   

Ao no Exorcist: Interesting...

So, Mephisto was experimenting on clones and artificial humans on the Blue Night? I wonder how he'll smirk and talk his way out of this one...

This manga has improved since last time I binged it. I'm a little down about Shiemi 'rejecting' Rin...but it's not completely over. Rin is still the one who changed her world...and it was clear she really wanted him to wait in her mind.  

One Punch Man: Final Fight!

Will Saitama win this as he always does...or will we have it interuppted? 

Tatsumaki is the best. Hehehe.  

Also started reading Horimiya and Tokyo Ghoul. Very different mangas...but I had a friend recommend both, and I couldn't pick one over the other.

dam no one piece chapter this week

Admittedly I haven't been doing a lot of reading manga wise. Some of my dormant manga are suddenly getting updates at the same time, so I just keep up with those. Also, I got a chance to head to Barnes and Nobles and find some of my favorite titles there, which I picked up, like Horimiya. It felts good reading them over again.

Also, I still wonder why I even keep reading Yamada and the 7 Witches. It has nothing to do with witch powers any more, or really anything for that matter...

Dance my pretties!

One Piece News

It was confirmed at Jump Festa that when Whole Cake Island is done we will be going to Reverie (This is likely gonna be a short arc focusing on my girl vivi!!!!), and finally after basically at this point 4 to 5 year build up in 2017 the Wano arc will finally start.

I was talking with someone in this thread about the mangaka Mizukami awhile back and they suggested Spirit Circle.  I finally remembered to look it up and it's excellent.  It's relatively short at 45 chapters but it's well work reading and very deep.

It's really impossible to sum up the story, as it gets quite complex, but it starts out when a new transfer student seemingly has a strong grudge against the protagonist even though he has never seen her before.  The truth is that she remembers their past lives and that they've been perpetual enemies throughout history.  In fact, the birthmark on his cheek is a curse from one of her past selves.

She forces him to relive those lives so that he will understand her hatred.  In doing so, he experiences joy but also heartbreaking pain, all while struggling to retain his own identity in the present.