By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Game Dev Sues Jim Sterling for $10 MILLION

disgracefull... if they win this case... my faith in humanity is gone.

Around the Network

Their games are shit. This is not defamation, it is fact.
Digital Homicide sucks and they should not be ripping people off with their terrible products. That in itself is a crime. the fact that they think they can charge people to buy shit.

They won't win this lawsuit. No way.

It is a scary thought if they do win. This will set a precedent in which people are unable to critique a game. Once this precedent is set, no one will be allowed to say anything bad about a shitty product again. Only positive things. Which in effect is not very consumer friendly, as this will mislead consumers.

Hope they win, then others will sue reviewers and we can all do away with reviews.. And all will be at peace cause no game is better or worse than the other

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

These guys dont know when to quit The game sucked everyone hated it he told everyone it sucked.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

HylianYoshi said:

Digital Homicide is representing themselves in the lawsuit.

???

Around the Network

Knew this was gonna happen.
Hopefully DH gets obliterated; they deserve a good spanking for their idiotic behaviour and all the trash they've barfed out. Really should've taken Jim's advice instead of going down this route...

Digital homicide are scum. I hope there is some sort of compensation they will have to pay Jim for this. They are oportunistic... well scum... no better world to describe the work they leech off others and the scams they sell.

I really hope this turns around and Jim (and the courts) show that their behaviour is the one that is intolerable.

NiKKoM said:
Hope they win, then others will sue reviewers and we can all do away with reviews.. And all will be at peace cause no game is better or worse than the other

You just defended the end of freedom of speech. Did you hit your head somewhere? The games would still be better or worse. No one would simply be allowed to tell you about it.

You can give them donations!!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/47uexn9c

Come on guys, we have to stick up for the little GUY so they can't be pushed around by Big Guys like JIM FUCKING STERLING SON!

I funny how most users here know nothing about the law or what fair use constitutes. What he did was illegal and not covered by far use. You cannot make a video of a copyright work in any way and just claim it as 'fair use'. Fair use only applies when the entire video is critic or satire based. Even when something is legitimate fair use that goes away completely when the copyright work is harmed in any way.

Why do you think any lets play video can be claimed by the ip holder.

Enough with the armchair lawyers.

Nem said:

Digital homicide are scum. I hope there is some sort of compensation they will have to pay Jim for this. They are oportunistic... well scum... no better world to describe the work they leech off others and the scams they sell.

I really hope this turns around and Jim (and the courts) show that their behaviour is the one that is intolerable.

NiKKoM said:

You just defended the end of freedom of speech. Did you hit your head somewhere? The games would still be better or worse. No one would simply be allowed to tell you about it.

Freedom of speech does not allow you to steal the copyrighted works of others.

What's so hard understanding that?