By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Game Dev Sues Jim Sterling for $10 MILLION

The funny part of all this is that they have been wanting revenge against Jim for quite some time ever since his first video talking about their game was up on YT. It doesn't surprise me to see one of the brothers doing this at all and I actually expect the case to get thrown out because as far as things go, one if not both brothers are acting incredibly childish about the whole situation. We've had Jim review or talk about plenty of games and have devs not file vengeance against him, hell he talked about a game the creator behind Five nights at Freddy's made, the creator took the criticism to heart but instead of getting angsty as fuck he instead decided to go and make FNAF and that in turn became a success for him, without Jim he would still be making fluffy cuddley animatronic games instead of what he makes now.

The amount of money hey are demanding is absolutely insane though, I can definitely see them wanting that much since Jim doesn't make anywhere at all near such an amount and as such they would be able to cripple him, I just don't see that flying at all.

If you don't know anything about this whole ordeal, watch some of Jim Sterling's videos on the subject and read/watch a load to get up to date.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

This must be a joke...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Digital Homicide is a joke. They're really nuts.

Sounds like Digital Homicide can't take criticism well.

You've gotta to be kidding me... Digital Homicide Studios made about 8 games & Steam users gave them thumbs down all of them.

Until when are they going to learn from their mistakes?

Around the Network

This isn't going to happen...

And I doubt Jim Sterling has anything close to 10 millon dollars...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

What a bunch of crybabies. All Jim has to do is show the childish vids they made "reviewing the reviewer" and this will be thrown out.

"I did not screw Imminent Uprising. Imminent Uprising screwed Imminent Uprising." I have to agree with him there. IU released a shitty game and caught shit for it by a youtube critic and others. IU gets mad then embarrasses themselves with how they handled it all the justified criticism of their game.

Anyway, sounds like they are the Uwe Boll of gaming.

Update - 12:25 pm: Digital Homicide has taken down its crowdfunding request “due to harassers donating amounts specifically to cause charges rather than donations and charge backs to cause financial fees...[W]e will be seeking another avenue for donations”

Lol

Is this still going on? I thought this whole episode ended a long time ago... If it is, Digital Homicide really just needs to let this go.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread