By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - [Japanese Media] Attack on Trump

Everyone dislikes Trump, even the Japanese!

source: http://otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/Tokyo-Newspaper-Fuses-Attack-on-Titan-and-Donald-T-7552.aspx

The Japanese media is starting to take note of America’s presidential race, and they’re particularly fixated on a certain unconventional candidate who’s had some not-so-nice things to say about Japan.

This week Masaaki Sato, a political cartoonist for the Tokyo Shinbun, had a bit of fun mashing up the walls of Attack on Titan with Donald Trump’s proposed wall on the Mexican border into a comic that we’re calling Attack on Trump.

The main text reads “Trump is going to build a wall around Mexico… and destroy the walls around Asia,” while the politicians in the bottom corner discuss:

“It’d be pretty bad if he actually becomes president, right?”
“Nah, the Titans of Asia will protect us.”

The title is pretty clever, too – it’s pronounced just like the Japanese title for Attack on Titan, Shingeki no Kyojin, but the original kanji for Kyo (“giant”) has been replaced by another Kyo (“liar”).

Just goes to show how deeply Attack on Titan has penetrated into Japanese society.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

lel top kek

Make wall rose great again!

I LOVE ICELAND!

Trump has officially cleaned house tonight with 4 primaries ...

Those are the best pictures I have ever seen

Around the Network

I knew one day this picture would have relevance...

"THEY TOOK OUR JAWBS!"

The japanese don't really like the TPP either, the ones that actually know about it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

fatslob-:O said:
Trump has officially cleaned house tonight with 4 primaries ...

I saw! And, I can't believe it.

While he was talking on TV, the subject was only about himself and about this one time he went golfing.. Occasionally he said he'll fix this, and change that,  but with no plans. wth >_>

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

I saw! And, I can't believe it.

While he was talking on TV, the subject was only about himself and about this one time he went golfing.. Occasionally he said he'll fix this, and change that,  but with no plans. wth >_>

I know I could ...  

I won't play favourites but the visible objectives he lists out aren't half as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be ...