By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Luigi's Mansion 3 for NX (looks like a digital movie)!!!

Express yo'self!

Fake, Fake, FAKE! 90 32.37%

Hmm, not sure... 79 28.42%

I think I believe it? 47 16.91%

YES! 15 5.40%

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! 47 16.91%

Total:278
Luke888 said:

But still Mario is THE System seller, knowing what happened with Wii U I'm shure Nintendo wants the plumber to shine on the new device ASAP after release, I don't know how many consoles Zelda will move, plus Zelda isn't as massively appealing as Mario...

The Wii U launched with Mario and got a second Mario at the end of the first year, yet the sales are, yeah, so he definitely isn't the sole factor, just a big one. Even then, the Wii U still sold out at launch and had solid 2012 numbers iirc. Zelda + other games + launch hype should definitely allow the NX to do similarly. What it needs to do differently is not have a drastic drop-off in sales after the holidays. I'm not saying delaying 3D Mario when they could launch it with NX is what they will do or even a better option, just that it's a viable option. Personally I think with the unified library they should have enough games to sustain 2017 until MK9 arrives so they can afford to have an epic launch with both 3D Mario n Zelda.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

You have it backwards, Nintendo is a client of GFK

Thought so. So, they are related which gives credence to the 900p rumour.

No it doesn't, Nintendo uses GFK to help track sales in regions that GFK tracks sales, GFK would have no idea about Nintendo plans for NX.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Luke888 said:

But still Mario is THE System seller, knowing what happened with Wii U I'm shure Nintendo wants the plumber to shine on the new device ASAP after release, I don't know how many consoles Zelda will move, plus Zelda isn't as massively appealing as Mario...

Mario was the system seller, Zelda showed it was a better launch title back with TP on the Wii and even the 3DS left Mario at home, Wii U had two Mario games in the launch year as well. Fact is Wii U's userbase right now probably represents those Mario would pull in, if you look closely Mario may be their top IP but in recent years they haven't made him the focus of their platforms and instead spread attention across other IPs, Zelda has a stronger ability to appeal to those who aren't Nintendo fans. The rise of Luigi's Mansion and Splatoon signals that rather than rely on Mario they most likely want a slew of IPs equal to the task.

This is also why deals like Bayonetta 2 were struck as well because Mario is too narrow in it's audience, if a platform does well Mario sells extraodinary if not it has good sales but not much impact on the situation so the focus has turned to spreading attention to other IPs and show hey the whole library is good. 

If Zelda U is going to be the main launch title for the NX then I can see Luigi's Mansion being a good choice to launch alongside it. I don't think Nintendo would want to fire all of their best guns right at launch by also releasing a mainline Mario game: it would make more sense to release Super Mario Galaxy 3 a year after launch like they did with the Wii so they can sustain momentum.

I also think that Luigi's Mansion could be a great choice to visually showcase the power of the NX. Like people have said, the game is set in a small environment with lots of opportunities for advanced lighting and shadow effects, so it's a game that allows for short development timelines but can still look really good. The OG Luigi's Mansion was a great launch title to showcase the GCN's graphics and I think that the franchise can do the same thing now for the NX.

All these Geno rumors sound like bullsh*t to me, E3 will come soon enough to prove or disprove his "rumors"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

Thought so. So, they are related which gives credence to the 900p rumour.

No it doesn't, Nintendo uses GFK to help track sales in regions that GFK tracks sales, GFK would have no idea about Nintendo plans for NX.

I'm not sure why GFK would feel the need to annoy one of their clients by sending surveys about a product that has not revealed yet and triggering rumours on the way. I don't think they took it upon themselves to post some specific details without talking to Nintendo first. Most likely Nintendo hired them to perform a market research on how the NX would be perceived.

Awesome, a home console Luigi's Mansion 3 is one of my wet dreams... exactly because it could show amazing visuals. Hope this turns out to be true!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I hope this is true because I LOVE Luigi's Mansion 2 on the 3DS and I'd love another game like it in HD on a bigger screen.

Oh god please be true! The original is one of my favorite games ever.

Would be awesome. Geno is a bad source unfortunately.