By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does 343 need better writers?

4 was awesome. I enjoyed 5 to. But they wrote it so people who don't really know the lore might be confused. They just needed to explain a few things people who don't know the lore might need to know. Like why Halsey had lost an arm.

Around the Network

Yes, very much so. Halo 5 campaign was plain disappointing from story standpoint. Also one shouldn't have to read some other cannon books to understand what is even going on.

TheMessiah said:
4 was awesome. I enjoyed 5 to. But they wrote it so people who don't really know the lore might be confused. They just needed to explain a few things people who don't know the lore might need to know. Like why Halsey had lost an arm.

I know the lore and honestly i was confused...

PeterSilenced said:
TheMessiah said:

I wasn't confused at all. It followed the lore exactly.

green_sky said:
Yes, very much so. Halo 5 campaign was plain disappointing from story standpoint. Also one shouldn't have to read some other cannon books to understand what is even going on.

I agree. Also you had to watch the TV stuff to. But I loved the story in itself.

Around the Network

343 needs the original Halo 1 Bungie team to take their place... with Marty doing the music. Then, and only then, will Halo be Halo again.

TheMessiah said:
PeterSilenced said:

I wasn't confused at all. It followed the lore exactly.

Im not saying it did not folow the lore accurately but they communicated it mostly in poorly ways in short they needed to give these charachters more time,more time for them to exist and take it all in.

spemanig said:
Most of gaming needs better writers. Most of the games you think have good writing need better writers.

Your posts need better writters...

Just kidding. =P

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

AlfredoTurkey said:

343 needs the original Halo 1 Bungie team to take their place... with Marty doing the music. Then, and only then, will Halo be Halo again.

No. Halo 5s game play was the best in the series. Its multiplayer is the best in the series. The story is very good. ironically in 4 343 told their story better than bungie, but in 5 they could have told it a bit better. But overall Halo 5 is the best halo yet. You feel like a Spartan finally.

MS needs to get back whoever did Halo 4 and get them on Halo 6.