By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band Wii Confirmed and dated.

I dont know if i'll be getting it when it launches on the first day, maybe if theres a price cut or something cause $170 is a lot

Around the Network
rudyrsr8 said:
Lol thats probally just the shipping date so your play it when it first becomes avalible.

Hmm, that's true. So everything should work out. 

@Zucas

It does only come with one guitar. The person with the guitar can pick between playing base and regular. You can buy the separate guitar but it seems like it's a waste to me, since fingers, feet and voices get tired. A rotation works so much better than 4 instruments.

pichu_pichu said:
I dont know if i'll be getting it when it launches on the first day, maybe if theres a price cut or something cause $170 is a lot

Well, this is the special edition that comes with the game, a guitar, a mic, and drums. You could just get the game which should be $49.99 and pick up an instrument (don't know the costs for that though). And if you have a mic alread, it MAY wor (not sure about that either).

oh man. if only i knew this three days ago. i just bought guitar hero for wii. if i knew this then i would have waited and gotten rock band instead of guitar hero. thanks for telling me this today rudyrsr8!! now i will have to wait until christmas to play it.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

One big question is, Will Rock Band be able to play using the GHIII controller which is far superior for all platforms. I hear online and from friends how the Rock Band guitars wear down easily. If I can play with my GHIII guitar I am for sure picking this up.

http://www.subodesign.com

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Ghost Squad, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play
Around the Network
Hurrah!!!

sc94597 said:
arsenalrc15 said:
how will they handle downloadable content?

perhaps Nintendo's new "Pay & Play"?

a cool announcement nonetheless

DLC was already confirmed for the wii last month.

im pretty sure that's untrue. link please.

tschriner said:
One big question is, Will Rock Band be able to play using the GHIII controller which is far superior for all platforms. I hear online and from friends how the Rock Band guitars wear down easily. If I can play with my GHIII guitar I am for sure picking this up.

That's a question I have too.  I already have a GH3 Les Paul, and I'm likely to buy another for co-op play.  I'd love to pick up Rock Band standalone for the Wii and a drum set and have everything I need.  Hopefully EA and Activision can stop butting heads over the guitar compatibility issue like they have on the PS3 version.

tastyshovelware said:
sc94597 said:
arsenalrc15 said:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/02/nintendo-will-b.html

tastyshovelware said:
sc94597 said:
arsenalrc15 said:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/02/nintendo-will-b.html

Edit: Damn, beaten.