By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band Wii Confirmed and dated.

Harmonix has finally made it for-really-real official: Rock Band is coming out on the Wii. They announced today that Rock Band will come out for Wii on June 22nd in the U.S. and Canada, in a Special Edition package including drums, a wireless guitar, and a mic, for $169.99. Standalone instruments will also be available.

Rock Band will feature 63 songs, which includes five "bonus songs" -- we don't know what any of the songs are or what it means for some of them to be "bonuses." Songs that are available as DLC on other platforms? Nintendo stuff? No idea. But as long as there are songs in the game for us to play fake instruments to, we kind of don't care. We are down with Waggle Rock.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51893

And i would say it is about time and June is kinda far away but what ever.

Who is gonna pick it up or who already has? 

"Like you know"

Around the Network

The Wii version will come with a total of 63 songs, five of which are bonus songs. A full list of the 63 tracks was not provided, though the initial 58 are expected to mirror the 45 main songs and 13 bonus tracks of the previously-released PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 editions.

"Like you know"

It was already a sure thing like a few months ago.

Plus this was already posted.

how will they handle downloadable content?

perhaps Nintendo's new "Pay & Play"?

a cool announcement nonetheless

Sweet. Knew it was confirmed, but glad that it's now been dated. However, my sister's getting married that day, so I won't get be able to play it first day. I'll need to pre-order it soon, at EB, since I got a ton of credit there right now. I played it on the ps3 and fell in love with it. It's a fantastic game.

Around the Network
arsenalrc15 said:
how will they handle downloadable content?

perhaps Nintendo's new "Pay & Play"?

a cool announcement nonetheless

DLC was already confirmed for the wii last month.

Lol thats probally just the shipping date so your play it when it first becomes avalible.

"Like you know"

Hmm I really want it but so expensive. Not to mention it only comes with one wireless guitar. I thought the full package has 2 for bass and regular guitar.

The one for PS3 and 360 both had only one guitar since i remember my friend having to by another rock band controller.

"Like you know"

Wasn't this already posted????