By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma: We are making something new with Zelda HD as OoT was

Just show Zelda HD

Yes, I want to see 99 63.06%

No, I'll just buy blindly 50 31.85%

I hate Zelda (see results) 8 5.10%

Total:157
Esiar said:
TomaTito said:

2015 barely showed 10 seconds of footage during the TPHD reveal in November's ND.

We saw way more during the famous January 2013 ND, with a trailer and all.

There was no trailer on that Nintendo Direct, just info about breaking the conventions of Zelda. The first trailer was on E3 2014.

They are clearly breaking conventions, the convention to release a date without actual info.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

So it's Skyrim? Because he mentioned some Western style influence like Skyrim around Skyward Sword and people really liked how that worked out.

As long as the plot isn't full of filler and it doesn't take several hours to start up, I'm cool with whatever.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Not sure if I like the sound of that. So far the Zelda games that have deviated more from Ocarina of Time also turned out to be the worst in the series.

Though I suppose if they still haven't figured out what made OoT so great, they might as well try something new. Western influence in particular would be welcomed since The Elder Scrolls overtook Zelda as the definitive adventure game experience.

Please make the side quests as good as the ones in Majora's Mask.

Ooh bold statements by Aonuma making comparisons to OoT

I agree the "western food" remark is a good hint. I also just want to see this game already.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
Can this huge twist finally be adding voice acting to this series.

I hope not

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yes! Can't wait!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Pavolink said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I think the obsession Nintendo has about replicating OoT is going to bite them in the ass in the future. There are other games besides OoT. Another Zelda inspired by WindWaker's heavy focus on exploration or Majora's Mask's dark and mysterious atmosphere could be a good game too.

I think TWW was Aonuma's first attempt to mix OoT with Zelda NES.

And who the hell voted for the second option to buy blindly a game?!

I didn't vote, but that's what I'd choose too. I'm an 80's kid that was there when the first launched and I haven't been let down by a Zelda game yet with the exception of SS which I am still waiting for a remake so I don't have to use motion controls... I loath motion controls.

So, for me, unless it's totally motion controlled, I am 100% certain I will like any console based, mainline Zelda. I don't need trailers or reviews to know it'll be enjoyable.

cycycychris said:
JEMC said:

I hope not

Theres always an option menu to turn them off

Too much work for so little gain

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Paatar said:
TomaTito said:

2015 barely showed 10 seconds of footage during the TPHD reveal in November's ND.

We saw way more during the famous January 2013 ND, with a trailer and all.

We didn't see anything of Zelda U until E3 2014.

You are right, we didn't see the trailer until 2014. Hmmm, I think I've idealized that Jan 2013 ND!

But we did hear the development ideas of Zelda U then: https://youtu.be/4MzG6lDA1A0?t=1779

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"