By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Stardew Valley (Harvest Moon Inspired Indie) has sold 425,000 copies

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:

It might not look like it but....

Just played it - and it plays exactly like Harvest Moon with PC controls. Visual design looks more like Terraria which is great.

@OT - I'm loving it so far.

You know the real nightmare was always showing up at your farm for the first time and seeing how messy it was. I remember playing the first HM on my GBC and feeling like it would take forever to clean up the farm. Today that seems to be more like child's play compared to this:

That's a shot from one of PCGamer's authors and my farm currently almost looks like that =P, it amazes me how much energy it takes just to clear a small section of your plot, took me like 2-3 days to get anywhere near the screen above.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Chazore said:

That makes two =P

Thanks so much!. I love the Harvest Moon games, so i see myself spending a lot of time with this game .

kakmalasch said:
Chazore said:

If you fancy a copy, hit me up with your Steam name via here, my wall or inbox and I'll have it sent.

I would like to thank you again for your gift

Hey no probs, it's a good game and deserves to be played by all. That and it's been a while since I've seen an old school HM game like this.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

For anyone who might have trouble starting out early game here are some tips and tricks:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/stardew-valley-starter-guide-crop-tips-seasonal-farming-advice-year-one-1548029

http://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-stardew-valley-1762894608

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/stardew-valley-tips-and-tricks-how-keep-your-animals-happy-find-buried-items-and-more-517350

http://www.pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-tips/

Chazore said:
StarOcean said:

Same!

Gimme that sweet steam name and I'll make it rain.

shinmegamitenseistrangejourney

Why was I playing The Division this past hour, could have scored a free copy of this instead

Around the Network

I love Harvest Moon. HM64 is one of the best games I have ever played. This looks nice, hope it's just the beginning of something great.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

This definitely seems like a game I would enjoy playing

Would like to see the actual Harvest Moon series take this direction allowing more freedom for the player to build their own things and place them however they choose (they have been moving closer in that direction, but is not quite there yet!)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

BasilZero said:

"I don't want it to affect my life in any way. My lifestyle isn't going to change."

Maybe it should, considering he's put in 60-80 hour workweeks for the past four years...

EricFabian said:
Looks good and all, but I still miss the old and good HV

Story of Seasons was a great addition to the series, and definitely worth picking up. Not as much depth as 64, unfortunately, but it does have a much wider breadth to make up for that.

Platina said:
This definitely seems like a game I would enjoy playing

Would like to see the actual Harvest Moon series take this direction allowing more freedom for the player to build their own things and place them however they choose (they have been moving closer in that direction, but is not quite there yet!)

I might just not be understanding what you mean, but they did exactly that starting with A New Beginning and continuing in Story of Seasons.

Uuuugh! This is totally a game up my alley, but I am not buying it simply because I don't want to become addicted, and plus I have a lot of other games to play as well... T_T

Also, I find the portraits to be kinda ugly. If I could make my own portraits and mod the game, that would be awesome for me. x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The game looks really great and I'm gonna get it as soon as there will be a Mac version! =)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.