By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Stardew Valley (Harvest Moon Inspired Indie) has sold 425,000 copies

Tagged games:

kakmalasch said:

That would be great 

If you fancy a copy, hit me up with your Steam name via here, my wall or inbox and I'll have it sent.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
StarOcean said:
Idk why, but the art style is off putting. Like, idk RPG Maker-level graphics. Maybe its just that it isn't stylized enough but idk

It's likely to have been made with it but I also noticed some mods are already in place for the game, I've already been using a fishing mod to make the fishing mini game that bit easier for me and another mod that allows me to see the prices of items in my inv that could be sold on their own or as a stack. There is also a mod that gives the character portrait sprites an anime style look and even a mod that adds more "umph" to them if you know what I mean.

http://www.pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-mods/

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/mod-portraits-like-anime-style.107707/

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/lewd-bachelorettes-portrait-mod.108210/

Well maybe I'll try it in the near future then

Been watching Day9 playing a bit of the game for a few days now (while playing it myself), he'll be continuing with the game this Fri since he's got some sort of schedule he follows with his site.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Isn't that more than most Harvest Moon games sell?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Isn't that more than most Harvest Moon games sell?

Randomly found this while trying to find some sales data on previous HM titles: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/07/closer-look-harvest-moons-growing-sales-recent-years/

From that site alone it looks like SDV has indeed sold more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_Seasons

Latest game: 

"In March 2014, Story of Seasons was the top selling game in Japan, at 131,000 units sold.[8] IGN awarded it a score of 8.4 out of 10, saying "Story of Seasons successfully integrates both supply-and-demand economics and personality into the farm-life sim".[9] It has a score of 78% on Metacritic.[10]

In July 2015, XSeed announced that Story of Seasons became their fastest-selling game ever, with over 100,000 units sold in North America.[11]"

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Dude if you didnt give them all away yet ill take one please! .

That makes two =P

zero129 said:
Chazore said:

Well deserved for the years of effort he's put into his game. I remember hearing of it around a year and a half ago and now I'm finally playing it. Really good farming RPG game for me since it hits that Harvest Moon spot with some Animal Crossing, in fact I wish the next Animal Crossing would take some pages from SDV.

The game doesn't require some mythical machine to run it so chances are for anyone here that their current "work" PC's can run it.

Tell you what though, a few Reddit threads recently had some users offering to give copies to those who were going to pirate the game. I'm feeling like one of those charitable folk so I'm going to offer 3 copies of the game (sent via Steam so toss me your name either here or via inbox) to the first 3 people to reply.

Same!

StarOcean said:
zero129 said:

Same!

Gimme that sweet steam name and I'll make it rain.

This game certainly seems well made, it deserves the money from what I've seen/heard so far. I never played any Harvest Moon game but I'm really interested in giving this one a try as soon as I can.

Chazore said:
kakmalasch said:

That would be great 

If you fancy a copy, hit me up with your Steam name via here, my wall or inbox and I'll have it sent.

I would like to thank you again for your gift