By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forbes - Is the death of consoles inevitable?

Honestly consoles are too important for the gameing market, to go missing.

Activision & Rockstar, would "force" sony to make a new console, even if sony didnt want to anymore.
Or they would teamup and make their own (together).

Around the Network

consoles consoles consoles forever!

Switch!!!

I hope we get upgradeable consoles. That has to be the future so consoles aren't left behind.

TheMessiah said:
I hope we get upgradeable consoles. That has to be the future so consoles aren't left behind.

And call them PCs.

The PS5 Exists. 

TheMessiah said:

Left behind what?

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
TheMessiah said:

And call them PCs.

No. like the phone market. Every 3 years. Not interchangeable parts.

Lawlight said:
TheMessiah said:

Left behind what?

The rest of tech industry. Only 2 years after Xbox One and PS4 released, Nintendo look likely to bring out a hybrid, with the same power, a 1080p screen, much smaller form factor than the PS4 and a wealth of connecting means not even in the PS4 or Xbox One. And knowing Nintendo they will be cheap in price to. A device small enough to be a handheld and powerful enough to be a home console via hdmi dongle attached. However you look at it, the PS4 and Xbox One are currently very old tech already.

Its not just about power though. Its more and more about features. 4k, Connecting other devices and so on.

TheMessiah said:
Lawlight said:

Left behind what?

The rest of tech industry. Only 2 years after Xbox One and PS4 released, Nintendo look likely to bring out a hybrid, with the same power, a 1080p screen, much smaller form factor than the PS4 and a wealth of connecting means not even in the PS4 or Xbox One. And knowing Nintendo they will be cheap in price to. A device small enough to be a handheld and powerful enough to be a home console via hdmi dongle attached. However you look at it, the PS4 and Xbox One are currently very old tech already.

Its not just about power though. Its more and more about features. 4k, Connecting other devices and so on.

Nintendo is the apple of gaming. They WILL focus onprofit and rip you off, and therefore, the device will be either more expensive than you think... or weaker than you think.

sabvre42 said:
TheMessiah said:

Nintendo is the apple of gaming. They WILL focus onprofit and rip you off, and therefore, the device will be either more expensive than you think... or weaker than you think.

I think the rumours are true. And I believe a £349 price tag. Guess we find out at E3.

TheMessiah said:
Lawlight said:

Left behind what?

4K is power. And what else do consoles need to connect to?