By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Site Removes 5 More Studios

Can someone tell me why these studios that have been closed matter? When and what was there last good games that gamers really cared about?
This is actually good news, maybe there making room to fit more important devs under the Xbox umbrella, maybe planning on buying out Remedy or Epic or Capcom. We don’t know for sure but I would rather remove those companies that no one cares about and add those that do. It’s not like we are talking about Turn 10 or Rare.
I am looking forward to the future, either they go pure PC or split PC/Xbox or just Xbox, I am very interested. It benefits me both ways.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
ThisanmU said:
I have a few quirks, for example, if Microsoft does not launch another console, xbox owners will disband for which new old-brand, Nintendo or Sony?

Definitely Sony. I don't see MS owners playing Nintendo's first party output. Though I'm not quite sure if Xbox will cease to exist soon enough, as some people might suggest.

I don't think Xbox will cease to exist. Worst case scenario is that the brand gets bought, though more likely Microsoft would just use it for something on PC.

I would rather see Nintendo buying Xbox however. I think that would be best for the console business because it would create two strong competitors. With all the crazy things going on at MS right now who knows, maybe NX really does stand for Nintendo Xbox.

Azzanation said:
Can someone tell me why these studios that have been closed matter? When and what was there last good games that gamers really cared about?
This is actually good news, maybe there making room to fit more important devs under the Xbox umbrella, maybe planning on buying out Remedy or Epic or Capcom. We don’t know for sure but I would rather remove those companies that no one cares about and add those that do. It’s not like we are talking about Turn 10 or Rare.
I am looking forward to the future, either they go pure PC or split PC/Xbox or just Xbox, I am very interested. It benefits me both ways.

These studios specifically? Well, Project Spark was supposed to be big. 

But the big deal is this is following the potential closing of Lionhead. Which is a big deal, since Fable is one of their flagship IPs.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Azzanation said:

These studios specifically? Well, Project Spark was supposed to be big. 

But the big deal is this is following the potential closing of Lionhead. Which is a big deal, since Fable is one of their flagship IPs.

You stated many times you hate Xbox and you have just proven to me how much out of sync you are with the brand. Fable is NOT a flagship title for Xbox since Fable 2. Fable Anniversary, Fable 3 and Fable Journey all weren’t well received. 

Now to update you. Fable isn’t dead, the company that failed to make a successor to Fable 2 is. Look at Killer Instinct, another company can take its place and continue to succeed. Oh wait you wouldn’t know what KI is like because you don’t own an Xbox.

This post is dead wrong. Sorry, but no more studio's where removed. The 8 studio's where for the most part havent made xbox games in years. People don't do research, and it leads to this. There weren't 5 stuido's removed today.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Similar topic has already been made, just beaten by a little bit. Please continue discussion in this thread. Locking