By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Domination Continues!

I just flipped on the Rachael Ray show and she had super B actor Skeet Ulrich on. She was just all too excited to get him over to the monste screen to play a little Wii Play with two Zappers. She called it the greatest game ever. Casuals are taking over guys, and now they're your crazy talk-show-hosts-soon-to-be-crazy-cat-ladies of the world like Rachael Ray. They were playing the Duck Hunt imitation shooting game, so yes there is at least one person in this world that not only thinks Wii Play is the greatest game but actually wants to use the Zapper.

Next-up? Wii-Fit on Oprah! Mark my words! 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

^it will happen and it will be huge...i mean look at her book club.....

all she has to due is say this book is great....it jumps in sales in a few days

huzzzzzahh!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

wait, Rachael Ray called it Wii Play "the greatest game ever"?

Well, that settles it, GOTY is given. Everyone else needs to SHUT UP!! IGN, Gamespot... clearly have NO IDEA about anything regard gaming.

Sarcasm aside, Yes, casual gamers are taking over, but it doesn't mean I will convert. Being a gamer is already a 'niche' hobby, I don't mind being a 'niche' gamer either.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

Well, that settles it, GOTY is given. Everyone else needs to SHUT UP!! IGN, Gamespot... clearly have NO IDEA about anything regard gaming.

Sarcasm aside, Yes, casual gamers are taking over, but it doesn't mean I will convert. Being a gamer is already a 'niche' hobby, I don't mind being a 'niche' gamer either.

Convert? Are the casual gamers doing a crusade against hardcore gamers or something? I missed those news, please post a link.

Some of the casual gamers will convert to hardcore gamers later, not the opposite.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

go wii

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
NJ5 said:
kingofwale said:

Convert? Are the casual gamers doing a crusade against hardcore gamers or something? I missed those news, please post a link.

Some of the casual gamers will convert to hardcore gamers later, not the opposite.

That's completely true. That is how most hardcore gamers were to begin with. They were once casuals.

Wouldn't it be a more savoury victory if the games sold fantastically without the aid of these hundreds of talk show hosts?
Its hardly a mark of quality if Oprah or Rachael Ray like things (books for instance), rather a mark of popularity.
I'm not saying that these games won't do well on their own, I just wish people would think for themselves, do we really want the gaming industry to focus mainly on such fickle audiences?
I understand that the biz wants to tap into casuals for more sales and increased profits, but I pray that these casuals won't help destroy the industry quality-wise and make it stoop to movie and music levels.

Am I afraid of the casuals? No, but I can see the future game libraries riddled with even more trash and low budget and quality titles.
As long as the PC market remains stable, I won't complain, but sales of games like The Sims do raise my eyebrow questioningly.

NJ5 said:
kingofwale said:

Crusade in the mediveal sense? no, but in a 21th century captialist way? yes. Overrush of casual gamers will most likely prompt overflow of casual games, which in term will make developers rushing in to make cheap, halfassed mini-games that can generate high profit.

The result? hardcore market gets left-out with mininal support.

Yes, some will convert to hardcore gamer, but will that be greater than the number of hardcore gamer quitting gaming altogether from lack of good games for them? Well, that's what the question will be in 4-5 years.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
NJ5 said:

not true at all

a) many hardcore gamers will have less and less time for games as they grow older, have families, etc and thus will convert to casual gamers

b) many hardcore gamers left en masse after snes and are just now coming back, but they are now casuals

so u'll see plenty of h ardcore gamers converting to casual gamers later...we have for decades and will continue to in the future as well

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp