By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump A ‘Threat To Peace And Prosperity,’ German Vice Chancellor Says

That's funny coming from the vice chancellor of a country with no freedom of speech.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

Angela Merkel, a threat to all of Europe. Millions of migrants invade Europe, demanding and absolutely vicious. Don't want to integrate, live off the taxpayers. Countries like Hungary, Poland, and now Macedonia finally say enough, and stand up to the german giant. At least Hitler cared about Europeans... Merkel would rather appease "refugee's". Europeans finally have had enough. I seriously hope in 2017 that she's out of power! 12 years of power will have been enough, and it shows! She's the most damaging Chancellor to Germany since Adolf Hitler, and she's been punishing Europe because of her stupid policy.

Though I might say that Donald Trump is still an idiot and I don't support him... just so we're clear.

How can you say that when many europeans were killed or lost loved ones because of him. I don't really agree with Merkel in the refugee issue but to compare Merkel to Hitler and saying that he cared about Europeans is a lack of respect. 

Lawlight said:
That's funny coming from the vice chancellor of a country with no freedom of speech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Freedom_Index

Regarding Press Freedon index Germany is ahead of all countries outside of Europe (appart from NZ) included USA but also big european countries like UK, France, Spain and Italy. 

COX said:
Lawlight said:

Regarding Press Freedon index Germany is ahead of all countries outside of Europe (appart from NZ) included USA but also big european countries like UK, France, Spain and Italy. 

Sure, sure. When the government was working with facebook to censor anti-migration comments.

Hmm. I bet he's trying to distract people from some other issue.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Donald Trump opposed entering Iraq, wants to improve relationships with Russia, wants to destroy ISIS and has said numerous times that he ideally won't need to use the military during his presidency. And yet he is the one posing a threat to peace and prosperity?

Though I guess if you work under the assumption that Islam truly is the religion of peace, this social democratic leader does have a point.

You've made quite the change since the last time I saw you post xD Whatever happend to the regressive lefite swedish liberal? Reality starting to kick in once you got more mature and older?

You don't have to be the German vice-chancellor to figure that one out.

Kane1389 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Donald Trump opposed entering Iraq, wants to improve relationships with Russia, wants to destroy ISIS and has said numerous times that he ideally won't need to use the military during his presidency. And yet he is the one posing a threat to peace and prosperity?

Though I guess if you work under the assumption that Islam truly is the religion of peace, this social democratic leader does have a point.

You've made quite the change since the last time I saw you post xD Whatever happend to the regressive lefite swedish liberal? Reality starting to kick in once you got more mature and older?

It wouldn't surprise me if less than half of my posts from those days reflected my actual opinion. In truth I was never in favor of utopian leftist ideals, but greatly enjoyed employing their rhetoric. Partially to see what the best counter-arguments were, and partially for my own amusement.

Lawlight said:
COX said:

Sure, sure. When the government was working with facebook to censor anti-migration comments.

Well I didn't hear about that. It also depends what those guys were saying not all countries have the same definition of "freedom of speech". Freedom of speech shouldn't give the right (and don't give the right in many places in Europe) to share racist speeches full of lies or unverified informations. 

Actually that can be suprising but there's mechanisms in many national consitutions since WW2 that limit democratic powers of population in subjects related to descrimnation because of race or religion. 

Unfortunately, it is difficult to find real informations about the situation today because opinion are so polarised and there's lies in both side pro-migrants / anti immigrants.

LipeJJ said:
Machina said:
Biggest current threat to Europe's peace and prosperity is his own fucking boss.

Exactly what I was thinking. He is in no position to claim that kind of thing.

So, let me get this right, the this guy can't even have an oponion, as a member of leadership in Germany, to even make a statement about his percieved threats to his own society.   I don't understand the way you guys think. :(  I think its dangerous to say that you can't question someone.  These are just people, Trump isn't a God.  And the Vice Chancellor as human being is in a position to make an oponion about Trump.