By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does a mod decide whats interesting/ a good discussion?

Who should decide if its worth to discuss a topic?

The community (demogracy) 6 20.00%

Some moderators (dictatorship) 20 66.67%

Your banned in some minutes, bro. 4 13.33%

Total:30
JNK said:
barneystinson69 said:

3rd one is a maybe, but the first 2 seem like click/troll-bait. You had it coming.

How are they trolling? I always give reasons for my statements and want people to discuss them/give their feeling and opinions and i also reply to them to get a conversation/argumenation.

Tell me what in those topic is trolling lol.

The first one is trolling because you want to know if people want to trade a system they know about for one that there is zero information(real information I mean).In other words, you are implying that the Wii U sucks and that even the possibility of trading for something totally unsure is better than having a Wii U

The second one is pretty obvious.You just said, im simpler words, that the PS4 is good because of those games, and NX is not, because of reasons, since we dont know what may launch for it, or may happen, and you dont even propose a discussion, you just state as a fact in the OP.Seems like a flamming/trolling threat.

The third one is a maybe, but I think as Carl points, your threat was closed based off on your history and the posts that you left in the threat, which I agree was just bashing with no attempts at discussion whatsoever.

Spo yeah, mods have been right at this.No mistake about it

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

The first one is trolling because you want to know if people want to trade a system they know about for one that there is zero information(real information I mean).In other words, you are implying that the Wii U sucks and that even the possibility of trading for something totally unsure is better than having a Wii U

Nope. Sorry but wrong interpretation. I never said or thought the wii u sucks. its my favourite console this gen. Splatoon was my GOTY 2015.

Here whats the topics intention:

I want to see how big the expectations into NX are. Just the Expectations. And how much people like or dislike their wii u. If their expectations are high enough to trade in a system their possible liking. Or if they dislike the wii u that much/are done with it that they are okay with trading in into something that they dont even know.

This was just a fun way to test people. Many people here have HIGH expectations for NX. If i tell them what i personally dislike about nintendo/wii u (even if i like the system in general there are parts i do dislike) they are telling me NX will do everything different. They dont know what NX is either, but they are convinced it will be great.

Nautilus said:

The second one is pretty obvious.You just said, im simpler words, that the PS4 is good because of those games, and NX is not, because of reasons, since we dont know what may launch for it, or may happen, and you dont even propose a discussion, you just state as a fact in the OP.Seems like a flamming/trolling threat.

Nope. I said that the Ps4´s lineup currently is very good and I think it will be impossible for Nintendo to compete against that with their tradiotional strategy. Their franchises are good and popular, but not that popular. The ps4 has ~20 AAA titles coming this year. Nintendo usual releases 3-5 AAA titles per year. They dont even have 20 AAA-franchises. So my fears are very valid. Thats my standpoint, just wanted to hear what other think about this. 

Even if we dont know much about NX we do know that its a hardware that can play games. And we know which games nintendo usual does, how many developer they own and so on. So if I consider all information we got so far, I cant imagine any possible way for Nintendo to sell many consoles. Most gamers still just own 1 consoles, otherwhise wii u´s sales wouldnt be that horrible (its the perfect secondary console). I dont see people getting a NX instead of an PS4.

Nautilus said:

The third one is a maybe, but I think as Carl points, your threat was closed based off on your history and the posts that you left in the threat, which I agree was just bashing with no attempts at discussion whatsoever.

Thats wasnt very concrete. Your talking about the reproach that many people here are blind defending nintendo?

Lets see if that reproach may have any weight into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDVY6Q9pfk

This is the video we talked about.

Here are just some random comments on youtube about it:

What Twilight Princess HD should've been. (184 thumbs up)
This is fantastic! Nintendo should really get involved and release it as an official remaster because this is professional af. (17 thumbs up)
That moment when fans make a better HD version of this game than Nintendo. Gee-fucking-gee. (85 thumbs up)
This looks better than the actual Twilight Princess HD... shame on Nintendo :/ (80 thumbs up)

That moment when fans make a better HD version of this game than Nintendo. Gee-fucking-gee.

BraLoD said:

The second thread already starts with a "doomed" about something that was not even presented yet, it's pure wrong, it's asking for trouble, it's flaming on its nature. I'm in full agreement of its lock.

So ? The word is not forbidden is it? I just cant nintendo with its usual lineup and possibilites compete against a well selling system mid console cycle. No matter what they are doing. That was what this topic is about. You dont have to agree btw. But thats my opinion and only because your not agreeing doesnt mean the topic itself should be locked.

BraLoD said:

The third you are comparing something to emulation, and using that to attack a company, that makes no sense, it's okay if you like emulation better than that HD version, but it's not an excuse to give attacks, specially how you conduct the conversation, the mod quoted your posts where you deliberatedly call "nintendo fanboysnism", which is pure flaming. Also in full agreement of the lock.

It is. If a fan mod is superior to a professional made game that gives more then enough reasons to attack on something. They are charging at the moment more money for TTPD then CDProjectRed charges for Witcher 3. Thats worth an attack as well.

The reason I made the topic is because people claimed a remaster cant look better then TTPD because it uses the same enginge. just prooved them wrong. Even that enginge can make significant better looks.

The thing about Nintendo fanboynism is right. People here are blind defending nintendo products and will never accept any from if critics.

Check the comments here. Some examples:

This is fantastic! Nintendo should really get involved and release it as an official remaster because this is professional af. (17 thumbs up)
That moment when fans make a better HD version of this game than Nintendo. Gee-fucking-gee. (85 thumbs up)
This looks better than the actual Twilight Princess HD... shame on Nintendo :/ (80 thumbs up)
But here on forum people claim wii u looks better? Thats not objective at all. BTW other people already said that this forum and it spoll is far from an objective result and it was NEVER a problem.

Bandorr said:

Using previously locked threads, to complain about threads being locked. Just strikes me as attention requesting, and baiting.

what are you talking about? Several people asked for "examples". I didnt included those locked serioes originally into OP.

JNK said:
Nautilus said:

Nope. Sorry but wrong interpretation. I never said or thought the wii u sucks. its my favourite console this gen. Splatoon was my GOTY 2015.

Here whats the topics intention:

I want to see how big the expectations into NX are. Just the Expectations. And how much people like or dislike their wii u. If their expectations are high enough to trade in a system their possible liking. Or if they dislike the wii u that much/are done with it that they are okay with trading in into something that they dont even know.

This was just a fun way to test people. Many people here have HIGH expectations for NX. If i tell them what i personally dislike about nintendo/wii u (even if i like the system in general there are parts i do dislike) they are telling me NX will do everything different. They dont know what NX is either, but they are convinced it will be great.

Nautilus said:

Nope. I said that the Ps4´s lineup currently is very good and I think it will be impossible for Nintendo to compete against that with their tradiotional strategy. Their franchises are good and popular, but not that popular. The ps4 has ~20 AAA titles coming this year. Nintendo usual releases 3-5 AAA titles per year. They dont even have 20 AAA-franchises. So my fears are very valid. Thats my standpoint, just wanted to hear what other think about this. 

Even if we dont know much about NX we do know that its a hardware that can play games. And we know which games nintendo usual does, how many developer they own and so on. So if I consider all information we got so far, I cant imagine any possible way for Nintendo to sell many consoles. Most gamers still just own 1 consoles, otherwhise wii u´s sales wouldnt be that horrible (its the perfect secondary console). I dont see people getting a NX instead of an PS4.

Nautilus said:

Thats wasnt very concrete. Your talking about the reproach that many people here are blind defending nintendo?

Lets see if that reproach may have any weight into it.

This is the video we talked about.

Here are just some random comments on youtube about it:

That moment when fans make a better HD version of this game than Nintendo. Gee-fucking-gee.

For the first two, if you wrote your OP/threat like this, the same way you wrote for me now, Im almost sure there wouldnt be any problem with the mods.NOW I can have the right idea of what you meant with the threats.It was just baiting/flamming the way you originally posted.

In regards to the last one, the discussion itself is worthy of well, discussion.The problem is again the way you wrote things.Instead of trying to talk to people in a civil manner, you just went on ahead and called people fanboys and another things on those lines.Its their opinion to think that TP HD is better than the dolphin emulator version, as is also an opinion the posts that people put in youtube.So just because some people on youtube say that the TP HD is the worse version (no matter what the truth is), its right, but when people here say otherwise, is wrong?Thats double standard in my opinion

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

For the first two, if you wrote your OP/threat like this, the same way you wrote for me now, Im almost sure there wouldnt be any problem with the mods.NOW I can have the right idea of what you meant with the threats.It was just baiting/flamming the way you originally posted.

In regards to the last one, the discussion itself is worthy of well, discussion.The problem is again the way you wrote things.Instead of trying to talk to people in a civil manner, you just went on ahead and called people fanboys and another things on those lines.Its their opinion to think that TP HD is better than the dolphin emulator version, as is also an opinion the posts that people put in youtube.So just because some people on youtube say that the TP HD is the worse version (no matter what the truth is), its right, but when people here say otherwise, is wrong?Thats double standard in my opinion

With the difference that almost EVERYBODY on youtube said the Fan project is superior. MANY even wanted the official game look like this because it just looks objectivly better.

I agree to your statement for sure because its right, its up to everyone himself what he likes more or not.

But the problem is MANY people here on forum would just pick the nintendo stuff. If the official project would had looked like the fan project but the fan project would had looked like the official version, the poll on this forum would probl be 90% nintendo; 10% fan project. Sure i cant proove it, but i guess we both now its true. 

I just hate it when people arnt objektive and build their own individual and indepentent opinion. Many people now a days dont do that. They dont even care for objectivity, they dont care about facts, they will just repeat their stalled opinion. No matter if they just saw the "truth" with their own eyes. Thats just said and im just happy that im not something like this and i can see positive and negative apsect in things i own and things i dont own.

I do own an iPhone as an example. but can admit that there are many things some android phones do better. On the other hand there are sooo many people who cant do something like this. And I get banned/locked just for not beeing so? Thats ridiculous.

Horrible threads. Deserve it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
Horrible threads. Deserve it.

horrible reply.

We already discussed the first thread via PM; it offers literally nothing worthwhile and is another NX thread based on literally no factual evidence. You're asking if people will trade for a system that is at this point in time only rumors, hopes and dreams. It's pointless. It's another NX thread based on nothing.

The 2nd thread is a bait thread. Again, this one is based on nothing at all factual. On the other side of the argument, you're trying to "doom" a platform before it's even been revealed, which isn't cool. PwerlvlAmy was correct to lock it.

The 3rd thread I just locked because of your attitude towards the people responding to you. Your dismissal of peoples purchases and calling people Nintendo fanboys for disagreeing with you just makes it look like you're trying to get a rise out of people. I *could* have moderated you for it, but gave you the benefit of the doubt and just locked it before it got too nasty.

-

However, since you just blew the chance I gave you right out of the water with this thread and the PM you just sent me (see rule 11 and rule 18), I've run out of patience with you. Well done.