By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does a mod decide whats interesting/ a good discussion?

Who should decide if its worth to discuss a topic?

The community (demogracy) 6 20.00%

Some moderators (dictatorship) 20 66.67%

Your banned in some minutes, bro. 4 13.33%

Total:30
barneystinson69 said:

3rd one is a maybe, but the first 2 seem like click/troll-bait. You had it coming.

How are they trolling? I always give reasons for my statements and want people to discuss them/give their feeling and opinions and i also reply to them to get a conversation/argumenation.

Tell me what in those topic is trolling lol.

Around the Network

It's best to be in a place heavily-modded than the opposite. So, I'll defend the mods on that. I think that those threads were worthless, and some of them with passive-aggresive behaviour or some agenda.

Bandorr said:

So your examples are all post of you obsessing over Nintendo?

Yeah I agree with the Mods. I have yet to actually see a Mod overstep their bounds. It just seems to be people mad they can't bait people without getting punished.

So you guess im a nintendo hater?

I own a wii u btw. If you dont believe me, feel free to add me on miiverse (will give you my name via PN).

I like nintendo alot. The Wii U is my favourite console this gen (also own a ps4).

I think splatoon was the best game 2015.

You can find me saying things like this ALOT on this forums. If you dont believe, i can give you links to examples.

Im just not BLIND. Im still able to THINK. To give critism, say what I dont like.

So beeing not blind in love now a days makes you an bahser/hater. Alright.

All the thread you put as examples where locked for good reasons.

Volterra_90 said:
It's best to be in a place heavily-modded than the opposite. So, I'll defend the mods on that. I think that those threads were worthless, and some of them with passive-aggresive behaviour or some agenda.

Again if your not interested in them, just dont reply. They will dissapear soon enough is nobody is interested.

Only because some people dont like a topic it shouldnt get locked for everybody imo. Here are MANY topics i dont like. Im just not replying. I dont get the problem at all.

Its jsut that everything thats against nintendo gets locked here. Are critics not allowed? Didnt read that in the rules.

Around the Network
Mike321 said:
All the thread you put as examples where locked for good reasons.

tell me ;)

JNK said:
Volterra_90 said:

Again if your not interested in them, just dont reply. They will dissapear soon enough is nobody is interested.

Only because some people dont like a topic it shouldnt get locked for everybody imo. Here are MANY topics i dont like. Im just not replying. I dont get the problem at all.

Its jsut that everything thats against nintendo gets locked here. Are critics not allowed? Didnt read that in the rules.

There are some subjects that quickly devolve into shit. A lot of them. So it's fitting to lock those threads, because that will only give a bad impression of the site. If the site is full of them, it's not longer a welcome place. I'm on this site precisely for the moderation, which I pretty much praised all the time, and I think it's what makes this site great. But I guess it's a question of... well, how much you're able to handle. They make some mistakes, of course, they're human, but what they do right pretty much compensate those mistakes. 

Volterra_90 said:
JNK said:

There are some subjects that quickly devolve into shit. A lot of them. So it's fitting to lock those threads, because that will only give a bad impression of the site. If the site is full of them, it's not longer a welcome place. I'm on this site precisely for the moderation, which I pretty much praised all the time, and I think it's what makes this site great. But I guess it's a question of... well, how much you're able to handle. They make some mistakes, of course, they're human, but what they do right pretty much compensate those mistakes. 

That honstely doesnt make any sense to me. Who decides what makes the website an "welcome place"? You? The moderators? The community?

Who decides if a topic is devolving into shit? Who decides whats shit?

Just tell me some examples of mine closed topic and why you think they should get closes. Ill promise ill respond.

BraLoD said:

Reading the examples, I don't think the first had anything to be ban worthy, was more a fact of the constant NX threads already flooding the forums and that yours added little to nothing relevant (still being not a reason to lock) and was contributing to the issue of the amount of NX threads to grow. So yeah, a bit unfair to you, you got a lock by a bigger situation rather than your own thread.
But the second and third, yup, lock worth, specially by how you present the subjects.

just tell me why you think 2nd and 3rd should be locked. Ill promise ill respond.

BTW: Some people here already told me the 3rd one was "freelocked" and 1 and 2 were just trolling, your telling me the 2nd and 3rd are bad but 1 was alright. Who makes this decision? Opinions and interpretations are different. 

Dravenet7 said:

Yeah

Your thread was bad and you flagrantly tried to get a rise out of people. I was going to say that in the thread but the mod did the right thing and locked your thread before I could. You're just making this thread as a reaction to that. 

Good job mods

This, I'm sick and tired of some folk deliberately trying to get a rise out of people that it eventually becomes a common trait to that person's personality regardless of them trying to claim "I'm not trying to waste everyone's time in trying to piss off a few". Like seriously VS and list war threads on this site are toxic if anything and history has shown that they hardly end well, the better way to go about that is to just ban vs threads as that cuts out a good chunk of the toxicity. You can't deal with the fact you can't create a thread to get a rise out of people means you need to re-evaluate your life.

Also mods aren't paid to moderate, they do this out of their own free will to do their part.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"