By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We are again 1 month behind in HW numbers

Tagged games:

The looong droughts last year, sort of killed my interest in VGC numbers in general, I barely glance at them.
What I do follow is the numbers that come in regularily like Media Create, the Comg threat and the other japanense numbers. (I'm considerably more informed on the japanense market ever since I frequent this forum XD).

I think spemanig has a point when he says the sales threads aren't what they used to be, but that's also down to no numbers being published on a regular schedule. You can't really upkeep sales threads without regular updates.

On top of that HW is sort of boring this gen. Sony is miles ahead and theres not even a competition beween Xbox and WiiU. There's just no one to root for because the market is so spread out. Hence why people have been concentrating more on software sales.

Around the Network
SuperNova said:
The looong droughts last year, sort of killed my interest in VGC numbers in general, I barely glance at them.
What I do follow is the numbers that come in regularily like Media Create, the Comg threat and the other japanense numbers. (I'm considerably more informed on the japanense market ever since I frequent this forum XD).

I think spemanig has a point when he says the sales threads aren't what they used to be, but that's also down to no numbers being published on a regular schedule. You can't really upkeep sales threads without regular updates.

On top of that HW is sort of boring this gen. Sony is miles ahead and theres not even a competition beween Xbox and WiiU. There's just no one to root for because the market is so spread out. Hence why people have been concentrating more on software sales.

But the SW numbers have been up to date for months, yet I don't at all see SW threads of the same substance or quantity that we used to before the decline. The only threads you'll see are ones posting the weekly update, if that. No interpretations at all.

Doesnt matter does it? tomorrow? we ll get the numbers, and then VGC can have correct numbers for feb up there as well.

JRPGfan said:
Doesnt matter does it? tomorrow? we ll get the numbers, and then VGC can have correct numbers for feb up there as well.

Wait...what's going on tomorrow that we get the numbers?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
JRPGfan said:

Isnt that when NPDs are out? or maybe Im just have things mixed up... I think I saw a thread about predictions for feb NPD, that closes the 8th.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
AZWification said:

I have been paying more attention to SW numbers, so I didn't even notice the HW numbers are so far behind!

10 pts for Machina

Anyway, yeah, we are already a month behind on hardware, again.

If only ioi would stop slacking off.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

JRPGfan said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Isnt that when NPDs are out? or maybe Im just have things mixed up... I think I saw a thread about predictions for feb NPD, that closes the 8th.

Nah that comes out the 2nd Thursday of the month so this Thursday lol. And last month we didn't even get offical numbers jut that PS4 was number one so it sucked smh lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

For the most part, this site forced out the people who were passionate about the numbers and development of the site. I have been here almost from the beginning and occasionally will come back to see if things have rebounded.

Unfortunately, it is just getting worse and worse. The split of the network was one of the best examples of how not to do things on a website. Separating the community from the core concept of the site was beyond dumb.

Plus the attempts to turn the community into a social network also failed to gain traction, but really it comes down to a lack of communication or vision for the site. And the moderators fell into childish acts of "I've got more 'power' than you and I'll show it by banning you".

Way too many times I was called out for "flame baiting" when all I was doing was stating facts. However, I don't know if anyone from the Mod team is still here from the last few years, but it got pretty bad with arguments breaking out all over the boards.

Anyway, this site is about numbers. Software and hardware. It's the core of the site and for far too long it has been neglected. I'm sure that it's getting harder to access the numbers of ioi side, but there needs to be a plan. There needs to be transparency, because this site is just a shell of it's former self.

I personally care more about software numbers than hardware, so I'm happy those aren't far behind at all.

Yes this is the main reason i come to this site, surely the guys who do the software numbers could take the reins for hardware?