By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Warriors or Spurs?

You've heard of both. The Warriors is the team that has gone from good to elite, while the Spurs have remained godlike for 20 years. Saying that, which team do you enjoy watching more(for this year)? Spurs or warriors?

Personally, you can't go wrong with either team. Both have a balanced team, no one is selfish, and they rarely have bad games. I'm really hoping they meet in the conference finals. If they meet in the semifinals, that will be an extremely interesting battle to watch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

I enjoy watching the spurs more because warriors usaually win by +15 points and that's not fun to watch .

In all seriousness tho, both teams play at such an elite level that no other team in the league comes close to and it's going to be great seeing this two face each other in the conference finals.

This year it's the Warriors no question, Curry is just alot more entertaining to watch right now. But I do like watching the Spurs too, they have been amazingly consistent over the years. I'm a Timberwolves fan so I always have to cheer for a different team each playoffs, usually it's the Spurs.

I've been saying it all year, and I'll say it again:
The only team in the NBA that can defeat the Golden State Warriors in a 7 game series are the San Antonio Spurs.
To beat the Golden State Warriors, you need 4 things.
1) Intense Lockdown Defense (Spurs are the #1 rated defense in the league)
2) A strong low post offense (LaMarcus Aldridge, Tim Duncan, David West)
3)A deep bench (With their latest additions the Spurs have the deepest bench in the NBA)
4) Great coaching (Gregg Popovich is the best coach in the league and one of the greatest coaches ever.)

I think that those are the 2 teams that will meet in the Western Conference Finals, and the Warriors will most likely have home court advantage, so the Spurs will be the underdog going in, and I expect the Warriors to win that series and move on to the NBA Finals. But if anybody can upset the Warriors at home and beat them 4 out of 7 times, it's the Spurs.
Bottom Line:
I'm going with the Warriors, but I'm not counting out the Spurs.

Spurs and godlike... same sentence.... pathetic

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network

On the other hand.... 5pts :))

Ex Graphics Whore.

stpaulmagic said:
This year it's the Warriors no question, Curry is just alot more entertaining to watch right now. But I do like watching the Spurs too, they have been amazingly consistent over the years. I'm a Timberwolves fan so I always have to cheer for a different team each playoffs, usually it's the Spurs.

Lol you must be from Minnesota. I don't know anyone outside of MN who likes the wolves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Why would you use that old as shit picture of the Spurs without Kawhi Leonard or LaMarcus haha.

Anyway. Warriors are much superior to the Spurs. Which is crazy considering I believe this might be the best overall Spurs team ever.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Spurs all the way.

The Warriors are like, 20th or something in defense which gets you beat in the playoffs. You can't win running up and down the court, letting mediocre teams score 100ppg on you and expect to win a championship. So unless they all of a sudden learn how to play on that side of the ball, I'm going with the Spurs if I had to pick.