By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - TPHD is here! What do you think?

Quick question from someone who has played every console Zelda title except TP and SS. I owned TP on Wii when it launched, played to about the first dungeon, then quit because I hated the forced waggle. I never got the Gamecube version (sadly). I haven't played further than that. For those who have beaten it, how does it compare to OOT? What is the biggest difference between the two? OOT is my favorite 3D Zelda, and I always wondered if I should play TP since it LOOKS similar but I just never have.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
I decided to go digital with TPHD. I hated the Amazon wait. Last time I ordered from there it was Bayo 2 and I didn't get it for 10 days after it launched. I was really disappointed. Hopefully you guys get your copies soon!

Why not just go to a Walmart or some local store and pick it up? 

AlfredoTurkey said:

Quick question from someone who has played every console Zelda title except TP and SS. I owned TP on Wii when it launched, played to about the first dungeon, then quit because I hated the forced waggle. I never got the Gamecube version (sadly). I haven't played further than that. For those who have beaten it, how does it compare to OOT? What is the biggest difference between the two? OOT is my favorite 3D Zelda, and I always wondered if I should play TP since it LOOKS similar but I just never have.

It is similar.

The main structure of the game is the same, with a different storyline. Of course everything's new, but really the only fundamental difference is the wolf parts, of which there are three. Really, if Ocarina was to your liking, there shouldn't really be a reason not to like Twilight Princess, unless one really hates wolves.

AlfredoTurkey said:
bunchanumbers said:
I decided to go digital with TPHD. I hated the Amazon wait. Last time I ordered from there it was Bayo 2 and I didn't get it for 10 days after it launched. I was really disappointed. Hopefully you guys get your copies soon!

The nearest store that might have the game is most likely more than 70 miles away. Its easier to just get it on the eshop.

melbye said:
zorg1000 said:

What exactly is the difference between an HD port and a remaster? What does TLOU do over TPHD to receive the remaster moniker?

Remaster is really  just a prettier word for port as far as games are concerned

No, it's not.  The FF7 port to PS4 is a port.  It's just FF7 running at a higher res with AA.  TPHD is a remaster with new textures throughout, updated meshes in almost every interior, improved lighting, and added effects plus adjustments to the game itself.  The new FF7 remake is a remake, the game recreated 100% new in a new engine.  There is a difference.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
melbye said:

Remaster is really  just a prettier word for port as far as games are concerned

No, it's not.  The FF7 port to PS4 is a port.  It's just FF7 running at a higher res with AA.  TPHD is a remaster with new textures throughout, updated meshes in almost every interior, improved lighting, and added effects plus adjustments to the game itself.  The new FF7 remake is a remake, the game recreated 100% new in a new engine.  There is a difference.

He was referring to my question asking why TP is simply an "HD port" while TLOU is a "remaster".

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Nuvendil said:

He was referring to my question asking why TP is simply an "HD port" while TLOU is a "remaster".

I saw what he was answering too.  I am saying his asserted point is objectively false and misrepresentative of reality.  As for those two games, the only reason TPHD isn't universally known as a Remaster and TLOUR is is because Remaster is not in the title of the two.

S.Peelman said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It is similar.

The main structure of the game is the same, with a different storyline. Of course everything's new, but really the only fundamental difference is the wolf parts, of which there are three. Really, if Ocarina was to your liking, there shouldn't really be a reason not to like Twilight Princess, unless one really hates wolves.

Thanks. I wonder how long TP will be in print. I'm thinking maybe I should get it, just in case it's gone soon. 

bunchanumbers said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

The nearest store that might have the game is most likely more than 70 miles away. Its easier to just get it on the eshop.

Holy shit lol. Why do you live so far away from civilization? It would drive me crazy to be so far away like that.

To those who didn't play the original game: What are you thinking about your experience so far? Are you liking the dungeons, atmosphere, characters, etc?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won