By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is There Any Reason To Buy an Xbox now?

Has the Xbox Brand Been Devalued?

Yes 212 38.34%

A Little 99 17.90%

No 198 35.80%

The Brand Is Stronger Now 44 7.96%

Total:553
Azuren said:

So scrolling all the way through the fifteen most recently used apps (which would be what is considered "favorites" since if you go fifteen seperate apps in between playing a game, it's not really a favorite)

It's not the 15 most recently used apps/games in that PS4-carousel, it also mixes them with freshly installed (f.e. the new PS+ games) or updated apps/games (f.e. Spotify, Media Player, Share Factory in the last days), while replacing other games in that carousel. I wouldn't call that selection my favorites. You also can only see a part of these 15 games/apps at a time, while you press RT on Xbox One and are in a neatly arranged list with up to 31 of your favorites all on one screen without scrolling.

It's not a "massive chore" on PS4, but the XBO brings me faster to my favorite games. With a fast growing game library (partly thanks to PS+ and Games with Gold) a neatly arranged favorite section gets more and more desired/important. My Steam library with over 1000 games would be a confusing mess without the option to select favorites and categories.

And my main point was that the new XBO dashboard ain't "complicated crap, like a cat trying to get out of a locked shed or a dog with no legs!". It ain't pretty (I'm still not a fan of tiles), but it is a deliberate GUI, which takes the user efficiently and fast to the games/apps or informations he wants.

Around the Network

It's like MS just straight up gave up on the Xbox. Maybe they realized that they just couldn't compete with Sony. I mean they launched all their big guns, including Halo while Sony hardly had any exclusives last year and they still were outsold by 2:1 or more. That situation will only get worse when Sony does start dropping their big bombs like Uncharted 4.

As mainly a pc gamer, this new development is pretty awesome to be honest. We will see more better optimized pc games thanks to DX12 and I don't need to buy an Xbox to play the few exclusive franchises I am interested in. But yeah, there is absolutely no reason for me, or anyone with a decent gaming pc, to buy a Xbox now.

Conina said:
Azuren said:

So scrolling all the way through the fifteen most recently used apps (which would be what is considered "favorites" since if you go fifteen seperate apps in between playing a game, it's not really a favorite)

It's not the 15 most recently used apps/games in that PS4-carousel, it also mixes them with freshly installed (f.e. the new PS+ games) or updated apps/games (f.e. Spotify, Media Player, Share Factory in the last days), while replacing other games in that carousel. I wouldn't call that selection my favorites. You also can only see a part of these 15 games/apps at a time, while you press RT on Xbox One and are in a neatly arranged list with up to 31 of your favorites all on one screen without scrolling.

It's not a "massive chore" on PS4, but the XBO brings me faster to my favorite games. With a fast growing game library (partly thanks to PS+ and Games with Gold) a neatly arranged favorite section gets more and more desired/important. My Steam library with over 1000 games would be a confusing mess without the option to select favorites and categories.

And my main point was that the new XBO dashboard ain't "complicated crap, like a cat trying to get out of a locked shed or a dog with no legs!". It ain't pretty (I'm still not a fan of tiles), but it is a deliberate GUI, which takes the user efficiently and fast to the games/apps or informations he wants.

Splitting hairs. The fact is I turn on my PS4 and "Oh hey, there's that game I've been playing."

And I have no problem with XB1 dashboard. I just don't know how to navigate it because I don't play XB1. Or have friends that do.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

darkenergy said:
DEAD_ORIGINAL said:

Xbox live from 05 to 08 was brilliant everyone had a mic not many 10 year olds. Also the dashboard was a thing of beauty, now its complicated crap, like a cat trying to get out of a locked shed or a dog with no legs!

I read your posts and it seems you have no clue on what you are saying, lol.

He is semi-accurate though.

Not allot of people use Mic's anymore... Back then it was expected.
The blade interface is still my favorite, probably because of all the years I used it on the original xbox... Probably just nostalgia talking.

The Xbox One's dash though... The storefront I dont think much of, redeeming product codes is allot harder than it needs to be if you don't have Kinect. (The 360 has this process done right.)
And I need the ability to segregate my 360 and Xbox One Games in the games selection menu, I will dread the day when the majority of my 360 games library is emulated, I have hundreds of titles. Haha
Also need a magical button to check for updates on all my games, I get sick of launching a game only to discover a new update has been released, those patches aren't less than 100Mb anymore like on the original Xbox and early 360 days where you could wait a couple of minuits for them to download and install. They can be 10+ Gigabytes and take hours, it's nuts. (I also don't want the machine online 24/7.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Of course theres a reason to buy an XB1 same reasons you buy a PS4. There design for the living room. I own all platforms and i still use my XB1. My PC is in my room. Those who own a gaming rig wont need an XB1 but the gamers who dont have a rig will definitely need one. Clearly MS want to see more software sales not hardware sales. They know where the profit is.

Aslong as MS keep making great games im happy.

Around the Network

XBL and PS4 was pretty even last year, based on consumer complaints and in general reports, XBLN have taken a massive lead in 2016, it was down over 8 times last week. Both networks are crappy, one of them is slightly overrated based on misinformation.

You can share a entire libary on steam with friends.

Basically, Everything a console can do, pc can do. Everything a pc can do, can't be done on Consoles.

You know that 360, XB1 controller can wirelessly work on Pc, boot the pc, open steam and pick a game and baam the controller is active and ready.

Who keep telling console-gamers that pc is more complicated then Consoles?.. It's like they believe Pc can't do shit simple and casual 

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

I still don't know what MS strategy will be after X1, so I would wait a bit before talking.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

If MS is willing and successful in making the XBox a service, you can also see the XBox as the entry level, (relatively) long term support, less expensive hardware for this service, which is not really a bad position. Also, entry level PC age extremely fast, lots of PC, and most laptop can't play newest games.
If we come to a situation were most PC games are ported to the XBox, it will increase the overall number of games and "exclusives" (relatively to the PS4).
Last, even if the XBox sales slow down, or even drop, hardware similar to the PS4 and integration in the PC service platform should guarantee 3rd party support. PS4 has a market share of 2:1, current sells at 3:1, the PC platform is one leverage MS has.

Here's the thing i hate PC and love console's i really want Xbox to be big competition for PS as it's fun owning 2 great consoles.

Well, I don't like Steam, Origin, Sony or Nintendo... I am stuck with Xbox, and if they die, I might need to find another one that isn't any of those I mentioned...