By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 Delayed to May 10

TheGoldenBoy said:
BraLoD said:

I knew some people would be happy because of Ratchet & Clank xP

Because that's pretty much the only silver lining to this.

I mean it's classic Sony to shoot themselves in the foot and cram several launches so close to one another. They're absolutely horrible at launch dates outside of their biggest titles (which lately they've moved to spring - but now they're movie everything to spring and shooting in the foot again). I keep hoping maybe one day they're gonna realize NOT to release half a dozen titles all at once and then nothing for a couple months, because they're almost Nintendo bad at this since 2009. Insomniac in particular has gotten the shaft with this, and what Sony did to them with Resistance 3 is essentially all they needed to go true third party. Ratchet has a movie coming up and having even a couple extra weeks to simmer gives them a better chance NOT to drown it out. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
Sharu said:
Funny, that everytime this game delays, the thread is full of happy people who are appreciate it! Maybe it'd be better to not release that game at all and leave all this people happy? ))

Probably because there is no point in getting so angry. It's not like anyone can do anything about it, they just have to accept it and move on. They're still going to get to play the game, it just a little later than expected.

DivinePaladin said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Because that's pretty much the only silver lining to this.

I mean it's classic Sony to shoot themselves in the foot and cram several launches so close to one another. They're absolutely horrible at launch dates outside of their biggest titles (which lately they've moved to spring - but now they're movie everything to spring and shooting in the foot again). I keep hoping maybe one day they're gonna realize NOT to release half a dozen titles all at once and then nothing for a couple months, because they're almost Nintendo bad at this since 2009. Insomniac in particular has gotten the shaft with this, and what Sony did to them with Resistance 3 is essentially all they needed to go true third party. Ratchet has a movie coming up and having even a couple extra weeks to simmer gives them a better chance NOT to drown it out. 

Their recent scheduling hasn't been that bad though, excluding delays of course. Uncharted was expected for March and then got delayed into April with Ratchet and now delayed again out of April. I don't think they've done that bad of a job this generation. They've spread their releases somewhat evenly throughout the year, except last holiday.

CGI-Quality said:
homer said:
I'm starting to think the game doesn't exist. I'll believe it when I see it.

Then just watch the recent Story Trailer.

Or the countless other gameplay demos and multiplayer beta . . .

BS, manufacturing disc delays in 2016? With Digital Distribution? BS

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
BS, manufacturing disc delays in 2016? With Digital Distribution? BS

Your right! Manufacturing has become instant with the invention of the computer! What a golden age of instant production we live in!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

gooch_destroyer said:
Good news for Ratchet and clank.

This.  And good news for me.  It was really bugging me,  having 2 games I'd pre ordered release so close together.  

Good thing Sony fans still got a good handful of games to play, including Dark Souls III and Ratchet & Clank.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

TheGoldenBoy said:
DivinePaladin said:

Their recent scheduling hasn't been that bad though, excluding delays of course. Uncharted was expected for March and then got delayed into April with Ratchet and now delayed again out of April. I don't think they've done that bad of a job this generation. They've spread their releases somewhat evenly throughout the year, except last holiday.

I mean when you're almost releasing your two big 2016 titles in the same month as Dark Souls you're not doing great with timing. No, I'm not counting The Last Guardian yet, it's not gonna be for real until the week it comes out - and by this point I think it will probably fall by the wayside with how long people have waited and how casual the PS4 market will be by that point. 

And now you're delaying into the sake week as Doom, and the same month as Mirror's Edge, so you risk loosing some sales to the niche. They're certainly doing better than 2009-2013 garbage tier Sony with launches but they could try not to risk killing launch windows when they delay their games three times. 

For reference, I speak from experience and love when I call 2009-2013 Sony garbage in regards to launching games correctly. I've lived through them killing several games just because they didn't want to put the effort into a correct launch, and we've seen the outcome (dropping the price just to hope games fit into a small jigsaw spot). I'm just glad I can enjoy Uncharted 4 like  I wanted to without it having a good chance of killing my favorite franchise. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Another delay? Damn! Still, I know they are working hard on the game and due to that the game will be incredible, but the wait is killing me.