By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - World of Final Fantasy details + new characters revelead

Tagged games:

The locations look great, but I dunno how I feel about the chibi designs. I think they went overboard with them. Those heads are way too big for those tiny bodies.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

What's up with the chibi thing? Some times they look like a typical JRPG character, other times everything goes chibi. Can anyone explain this to me? :o

Anyway, I'm interested in this game. Hopefully Square gives us a date soon!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The environments look amazing and I dig the chibi designs. I hope the monster catching mechanic is well done and it isn't a chore to try to catch one of those monster things.

BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Yay for Squall! Quistis... ok. And... who is the 3rd one?

Gotta say that ultra chibi artstyle is starting to turn me off of this game though. The heads are too big/bodies too small!

That would be ok if you had played Wild Arms

Though the models also have more human like versions as well, as you can see on one of the screens above, I just don't know when we'll be playing those and the chibi ones.

Eeh... poor Wild arms. It only did that on the first game in the battle models. Back then it wasnt so bad because 3D models were a novelty. These ones are a style choice... and they do look creepy.

Does it make sense to release this the same year as FF 15? maybe a fiscal year 2016 release so it will come out February/March 2017.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Square Enix has updated the World of Final Fantasy official Japanese website with new information and screenshots introducing Final Fantasy legend characters Squall, Quistis Trepe, and Chocolatte, and more details about the world, and capturing and strengthening Mirages.

■ Final Fantasy Legend Characters

Squall (voiced by Hideo Ishikawa)

A faithful soldier on a mission who belongs to an organization called “Seed.” He wields a special weapon known as a “Gunblade.” Since he’s been training with Lightning and Cloud, he’s always beat up.

Quistis Trepe (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro)

An officer of the “Seed” organization. As management, she is often busy and doesn’t get much actual experience. There seems to be a rumor that she loves card games.

Chocolatte (voiced by Seiko Ueda)

In the world of Grymoire is an item saleswoman named Chocolatte who appears in unexpected places anytime and anywhere.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/02/world-final-fantasy-details-mirage-board-transformation-more#V50ctr03GreWeQ1P.99

I won't paste the full article here, but there is new info about the game world, Grymoire, and all the places starting from Corneria and Saronia from there, which is not the characters home world (that's Nine Woodshill), which be having scenarios for all seasons as well as some already know scenarios from previous games, and info about the mirages, the collectible monsters in the game, pretty much like in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Seems like each of one the two main characters can bring 2 of their monsters and summon together to battle (1 of each), and the battle system seems to work similarly to Child of Light as you can notice the "turn bar" on the left side, as you can see on this screenshot:

And specific conditions have to be met during battle to being able to "capture", or befriend how it's called here, said mirages, which can derive for different kinds of conditions, but when met those mirages will start glowing indicating they were accomplished, then by gem-ifying those you can befriend them, as you can see on this screenshots:

You can also find a mirage that seems to randomly gives you a chance to obtain a rare mirage on Dark Pastel (some in-game place).

Then you can name those mirages to your liking and start using them, getting xp and leveling them up (even if only on your team they still get some experience even if not taking place in battle but are in battle reserve), unlocking skills and even transforming them on more powerful forms (and it can be reversed if you want to as well), as you can see on here:

All image were also taken from Gematsu article linked above.

The game is set to release sometime this year on PS4 and PSV.

So, what do you think about it? Feels like a Digimon approach with Final Fantasy characters and monsters, seems really nice, but I still want to understand better those two kinds of characters models, if they are both from the normal game, the full-chibi one and the more human like one, as I'm not able to see a pattern yet on when they each should be the one you are playing with, if that's certain areas or story related, really dunno.

I'm really interested on this one, it was sadly way outshined by it's reveal being right before Final Fantasy VII Remake during Sony Press Conference at E3 last year, so I hope more of you guys can also get to be a little more informed and interested about it.

You both play the chibi and the normal versions. It ties in with the battle system. Chibi you can ride larger monsters while normal you will only able to bring smaller monsters. You can alternate between the two anytime I think.

This game seems to have the magic. Just watching it makes me feel like a kid again in a good way.

BraLoD said:

Square Enix has updated the World of Final Fantasy official Japanese website with new information and screenshots introducing Final Fantasy legend characters Squall, Quistis Trepe, and Chocolatte, and more details about the world, and capturing and strengthening Mirages.

■ Final Fantasy Legend Characters

Squall (voiced by Hideo Ishikawa)

A faithful soldier on a mission who belongs to an organization called “Seed.” He wields a special weapon known as a “Gunblade.” Since he’s been training with Lightning and Cloud, he’s always beat up.

Quistis Trepe (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro)

An officer of the “Seed” organization. As management, she is often busy and doesn’t get much actual experience. There seems to be a rumor that she loves card games.

Chocolatte (voiced by Seiko Ueda)

In the world of Grymoire is an item saleswoman named Chocolatte who appears in unexpected places anytime and anywhere.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/02/world-final-fantasy-details-mirage-board-transformation-more#V50ctr03GreWeQ1P.99

I won't paste the full article here, but there is new info about the game world, Grymoire, and all the places starting from Corneria and Saronia from there, which is not the characters home world (that's Nine Woodshill), which be having scenarios for all seasons as well as some already know scenarios from previous games, and info about the mirages, the collectible monsters in the game, pretty much like in Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Seems like each of one the two main characters can bring 2 of their monsters and summon together to battle (1 of each), and the battle system seems to work similarly to Child of Light as you can notice the "turn bar" on the left side, as you can see on this screenshot:

And specific conditions have to be met during battle to being able to "capture", or befriend how it's called here, said mirages, which can derive for different kinds of conditions, but when met those mirages will start glowing indicating they were accomplished, then by gem-ifying those you can befriend them, as you can see on this screenshots:

You can also find a mirage that seems to randomly gives you a chance to obtain a rare mirage on Dark Pastel (some in-game place).

Then you can name those mirages to your liking and start using them, getting xp and leveling them up (even if only on your team they still get some experience even if not taking place in battle but are in battle reserve), unlocking skills and even transforming them on more powerful forms (and it can be reversed if you want to as well), as you can see on here:

All image were also taken from Gematsu article linked above.

The game is set to release sometime this year on PS4 and PSV.

So, what do you think about it? Feels like a Digimon approach with Final Fantasy characters and monsters, seems really nice, but I still want to understand better those two kinds of characters models, if they are both from the normal game, the full-chibi one and the more human like one, as I'm not able to see a pattern yet on when they each should be the one you are playing with, if that's certain areas or story related, really dunno.

I'm really interested on this one, it was sadly way outshined by it's reveal being right before Final Fantasy VII Remake during Sony Press Conference at E3 last year, so I hope more of you guys can also get to be a little more informed and interested about it.

Pervy Sensei, how will this be different to Pokemon? I was really hoping this would be similar to that instead of Digimon. 

This game looks so beautiful! Perfectly made for Playstation Vita!!!

LipeJJ said:
What's up with the chibi thing? Some times they look like a typical JRPG character, other times everything goes chibi. Can anyone explain this to me? :o

Anyway, I'm interested in this game. Hopefully Square gives us a date soon!
One of the game’s key features its “stacking” ability, which turns the characters into chibis so they can ride thier monsters during combat... Or something like that. It is what makes the battle system unique.