By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Art Book For Bravely Second Censored Outside Japan

whats your opnion does it bother you? its published by Nintendo outside of Japan

Around the Network

Why bother changing it at all? I don't really understand the decisions behind all of the censorship as of late.

seriously who gives a sh*t. I know,  i dont like it, but i just think if you want somethig ''hot'' just check on the internet

97alexk said:

seriously who gives a sh*t. I know,  i dont like it, but i just think if you want somethig ''hot'' just check on the internet

if you dont give a sh#t then dont reply, at least in this way. 

And yes its part of the art and artbook, the most hardcore fans will buy it so i let them know.

97alexk said:

It doesn't work like that. Sex appeal sells. It's the whole point of characters being attractive versus ugly. It's why Lara Croft or Nathan Drake look the way they do. Putting characters in suggestive clothes and poses is just part of it. It's why the japanese version of the art book was the way it was.

Around the Network

Honestly it would have surprised me if nintendo didn't censor it.

Why censor a book w/ art? That's disrespectful to the artist... I'd be pissed if I knew my art was taken out of a compilation book I made because I worked hard on everything that's in it. I dont know how Nintendo expects to win any favors from anyone with this unneeded censorship.

I do not think that these changes are censorship. If the one with the girl tied up was too "sexually suggestive" then the girl on the right wearing the swimsuit would have been taken out as well.

Nintendo has been doing this too much lately for me to not think its a worrying trend.
I want the same game they get in japan, just in english.

Can't say I'm surprised by this.

Kinda hurts some of the artists' original integrity, though, I guess.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."