By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Art Book For Bravely Second Censored Outside Japan

Skeetys said:

The idiots that work on localization at Nintendo Treehouse need to be fired, let some non-extremists do that job so they don't censor the hell out of it.

The localization team from BD was SE's team. Wait to know all the facts, Jesus.

Around the Network
padib said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's not the topic. It's not about nintendo stepping in or not. It has nothing to do with this. Nintendo didn't have to censor the game in order to port it. 

Okay, it's not about Nintendo stepping in or not. It's about the game being localized one way or the other and Nintendo just being idiots.

Thanks for informing me of this reality.

Since you're wanting to go with it like this, instead of actually debating or making a point, I'll play along. You're welcome, padib.

padib said:
Aeolus451 said:

Since you're wanting to go with it like this, instead of actually debating or making a point, I'll play along. You're welcome, padib.

I really appreciate it though.

By the way, if it weren't for Nintendo, who did you have in mind that would publish it instead? What examples in the past do you have to support your argument?

And if Nintendo censors 0.1% of a game, but releases 99.9% of it, on a scale from 1 to 10, how happy are you? And if the game never came out, on a scale from 1 to 10, how happy are you?

That way, we can at last compare apples to apples.

Why wouldn't nintendo have published it? Why would someone else publish it? All I'm talking about is censorship. Nintendo doing the port or not doesn't have anything to do with it.

I repeat, I'm not saying that nintendo shouldn't have done the port altogether (not the topic) but how they did the port. When I buy a japanese game, I want a translated (maybe have english voice overs, too) japanese game. Not 9/10 of a japanese game. If i can't have the full game then why can't I have it? That's rhetorical btw. All nintendo has to do with a port is translate it. It's not that difficult. The west can handle japanese culture just fine. The majority of gamers are adults, therefore the censorship of games that are meant for adults and sneaky teens is absolutely asinine. It makes you wonder what they think of us when they walk on eggshells with their games/ports.