By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Stephen Curry is...

What do you think of Stephen Curry?

Incredible 50 29.41%

Spectacular 25 14.71%

Unreal 27 15.88%

Overrated 16 9.41%

Small 1 0.59%

Hyped-up. 4 2.35%

Best in the World 21 12.35%

A Bad Shot taker 2 1.18%

Pretty Good 13 7.65%

Meh Give me (insert player here) 11 6.47%

Total:170
TheGoldenBoy said:
Chris Hu said:

The Spurs can do it.  Two of their five championships where won without having homecourt advantage in the Western conference.  Also they will be deeper come playoff time since they aquired Andre Miller.

Andre Miller is irrelevant. He's not going to make a difference on whether the Spurs will beat the Warriors if they face them in the playoffs.

We shall see.  OKC, The Spurs and the Clipper (if Griffin is halfway healthy) all have good enough front courts to knock the Warriors out of the playoffs. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Andre Miller is irrelevant. He's not going to make a difference on whether the Spurs will beat the Warriors if they face them in the playoffs.

We shall see.  OKC, The Spurs and the Clipper (if Griffin is halfway healthy) all have good enough front courts to knock the Warriors out of the playoffs. 

No one said they didn't have better frontcourts. The problem is no one has been able to exploit that consistently yet.

Honestly, I think the San Antonio Spurs are the only team in the league with a legitimate shot at beating the Warriors in a 7 game series, and even then the odds are against them.
Problem with the Clippers is that they aren't a very good defensive team outside of DeAndre and CP3, Blake isn't a very good defender and Draymond Green gives him all sorts of problems everytime they match up, and when the Warriors go small, DeAndre Jordan is almost like a cancer for the Clippers when trying to match up with the Warriors' small lineup. He doesn't have the low post offense to really pound it inside the paint on the smaller guys, almost, if not all of his field goals come from alley oops and easy dunks from Chris Paul, and his free throws...Dear Lord his free throws... that's self-explanatory at this point. I mean he had 20 rebounds against the Warriors the other night and CP3 played great, but the Warriors were in control most of the way through and won the game just fine.
And as for the Thunder, let's be real... Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook is all they've got who are efficient and effective on a consistent basis, even then Westbrook has trouble shooting the ball, the longer that series would go, the heavier load that Durant and Westbrook would have to carry and the more the Warriors would have the advantage. The Thunder just don't have the bench or the defense to beat the Warriors 4 out of 7 games.
To beat the Warriors, you need 4 things:
a) Intense Lockdown Defense
b) A Strong Low Post Offensive Game
c) A Deep Bench
and d) Great Coaching
The San Antonio Spurs have every single one of these things. They have the #1 rated defense in the league. Combined with LaMarcus Aldridge, Tim Duncan, and David West their low post offense is very strong and capable of pounding the Warriors' smaller guys, and could even force them to go big with enough success. Their bench is just as deep, if not deeper than the Warriors. The Spurs second unit of Ginobli, West, Patty Mills, Jonathon Simmons, and that other European guy, I forget his name... they're got enough to be a starting lineup on an 8th seed playoff roster. And they currently have the best coach in basketball right now, the great Gregg Popovich.
So if any team can knock off  Golden State in my view, its the Spurs.

Curry's not a shooting guard though. O___o

He's imba. What he did to OKC... That last shot... I'm speechless. Though I still think OKC lost the game when they inbounded the game to Durant instead of taking a time-out. What were they even thinking!?

We have to see what Jeff Green gives to the Clips (I have a soft spot for them, ain't gonna lie), if he turns into a 20 ppg guy off the bench, this can change a lot in the West. And Griffin has to stop settling for jumpers and get down low. He should be Green's nightmare in the post, but can't capitalize on his superior strenght and agility, which is unacceptable.

Still, obviously The Good Ol' Boys are the best bet against the Warriors, even if they got hammered in Oakland. I'm not a bandwagon fan, so I'm keeping with the Spurs (Clips being my second favourite team) in the West and will be supporting the Wizards in the East - if they even make it, but I think they should. I hope JJ Hickson and Morris give them the extra umpf they need to get there.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

...making me think of wok vegetables in curry sauce and therefore hungry.

Hunting Season is done...

That was an awesome Shot! Heard my parents shouting a lot XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

As soon as I read fundamentals, I was out.

Lol jk. I'm an aussie who has no clue about basketball.

Chris Hu said:
tiffac said:

I watched the game live vs OKC and all of Steph's clutch shots were just freaking unbelievable.

Green had an off night too. I do not know if anyone in the NBA can stop this team from winning it all the way this year.

The Spurs can do it.  Two of their five championships where won without having homecourt advantage in the Western conference.  Also they will be deeper come playoff time since they aquired Andre Miller.

I've learned through the years to not underestimate the Legion that stands alone.

It would be an epic match if they meet in the WCF at full strenght.

AlfredoTurkey said:

If we're just focusing on "shooting", there hasn't been anything Curry has done percentage wise, over other legends before him. There's been some amazing long range shooters like Kerr and others who's lifetime percentage is better as well.

Curry making so and so number of threes a game is not a result of him being a better three point shooter than Kerr, Bird or anything else before him but more about the fact that he jacks up threes like the ball is going to burn his hands if he holds it for too long. When you shoot so many times, you're to MAKE that many shots. Why do you think Kobe once scored 35PPG in a season? Because he was a great shooter? No, because he shot so many times. Curry is taking more 3 point shots than just about anyone else in history, so, 1+1=2.

Your main argument here seems to be Kerr (you keep saying there are multiple but he is the only one you bring up...I'm assuming since he is the only one with a higher 3pt % in NBA history). Kerr shot 45.4% lifetime vs Curry's 44.6% lifetime. You are comparing a spot shooter who (as indicated a few posts above) has admitted he only shot 3's when he was wide open (hence why there were only 1800 lifetime attempts), vs somebody who has already exceeded 3300 3's, and they are consistently right off a dribble, from extremely long range, or with a defender right on him. This become even more evident being that the majority of Kerr's 3 point career came in his 5 seasons with the Bulls when he had Jordan and Pippen supporting him.

Ironically enough, Kerr's most efficient seasons from the 3 point line based on number of 3's made (94-95, 95-96, and 96-97), in which he went 321/644 quite literally can't be compared, being that the 3 point line was reduced from 23'9" to 22' around the arc. Excluding these non-comparable seasons, you have a lifetime 415/955...which is 43.5%.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.