By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Everyone Loves Trump Even Latinos!

tripenfall said:

Ever wonder why the right that alligns itself with religeon consistently displays the least christian values?

for a republican being american isn't about the core ideology of freedom for a multi cultural set of citizens to live their personal lives in a way that them happy understanding that means in public life you must tolerate citizens with different values in order to have your values tolerated too.  for a republican it's about how predomnently they wear a flag pin and how enthusiatically they say " 'merica!"

that is why they don't need to understand or follow christian values either so long has they have a jesus fish bumper sticker.

Around the Network

"Everyone"? It's these kinds of massive generalizations that made me leave the US. Idiocracy is well in motion. derk er deeeerbs

I actually do wonder exactly why people are voting for Trump. Exactly what it is that people see in Trump that make them feel he would be a good president. I hope its not because he is a billionaire that people feel he will be effective in the president office since the way Trump made his money really does not translate to that office.

Where is the body of work that Trump has done that people feel he will suddenly come into that office and be effective.

As much as I despise Trump, the GOP created him, they shouldn't complain.

"The Mexicans are coming over, and they are NOT sending their best. They are sending their liars, their rapists, their murderers..."

Sounds like a guy who REALLY loves Latinos.

Around the Network

As a Mexican living in Mexico I support Trump because if he does everything that he promised finally Mexican politicians must stop dealing with Washington in all affaires that supposedly fall to Mexican Government. Also it will help Mexico to stronger our relationship with the rest of Latin America.

By the way, is obvious that Latinos living in the US support Trump, my first time in the US, like 15 years ago, I was in a store in LA and the Mexican workers didn't want to speak Spanish with me eventhough I didn't speak English at the time, later I realized that illegal Mexicans doesn't like Mexican tourists in the US because they crossed the border because they didn't have work here and they think that we are richer than they and that it's our fault that they had to cross the border. So they support Trump in order to keep the rest of Mexico isolated from the US.

Machiavellian said:
I actually do wonder exactly why people are voting for Trump. Exactly what it is that people see in Trump that make them feel he would be a good president. I hope its not because he is a billionaire that people feel he will be effective in the president office since the way Trump made his money really does not translate to that office.

Where is the body of work that Trump has done that people feel he will suddenly come into that office and be effective.

My theory why people are voting for Trump is that he punches political correctness in the face and kicks it into the abyss. His outspokeness is what attracts a lot of voters because he's willing say what other people are reluctant to say, even if it's dumb.

Funny, cause if you actually look into the numbers, it was less than 60 Latinos showed up to vote for Trump. So, no, he's scaring them away. It's just the ones who stick around will slightly favor Trump. Good luck winning the general with that. And with more Conservative voters staying home or voting 3rd party. I know I'm not voting for him.

haxxiy said:
danielrdp said:
My Structuralism and psychoanalysis professor also loves Trump. Well, at the least he loves making fun of Trump. I hope he gets elected though. We're all going to have a good laugh at the expense of the Americans.

You talk like he's that different of Berlusconi, Sarkozy, Grillo, Orban, Farage etc.

He's just playing to a voter base who has been known and courted for years on Europe, and it's on the rise. Hell, nowadays most of the Old Continent is on the hands (or quickly getting there) of populists who play to the politically incorrect.

In fact the more secular, anti-estabilishment Trump may be doing a good service to the GOP by making closer to an ideology known for its broad appeal and capacity to attract scores of voters on election days, and care less about issues like abortion or homosexual marriage.

Nope. He's not different from Farage. However the difference is that Farage couldn't even manage to get elected as MP. He will never be PM. Hollande and Merkel could hardly be considered populists, and I don't know if I would put the French National Front and Trump in the same basket though. So I don't quite get your comment. 

Aura7541 said:

My theory why people are voting for Trump is that he punches political correctness in the face and kicks it into the abyss. His outspokeness is what attracts a lot of voters because he's willing say what other people are reluctant to say, even if it's dumb.

Or, you know, the illegal immigration thing.

He's basically a single-issue candidate, so it's not too hard to work out why people like him.

A lot of Republican voters are keenly aware that granting amnesty to 11 million (probably more, it's been "11 million" for years, now) illegal aliens will basically be granting Democrats 11 million votes.

When Dems talk about "turning Texas blue", they don't mean they're going to try and win any debate, convincing people that their ideas are right. Nah, that sounds too much like hard work. They'll just import the voters, instead.