By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - With all due Respect....Indie games are ruining my Playstation experience.

Azuren said:
Baddman said:
my problem isn't per say indie games as much as it is all those ugly 16 and 8 bit games ...you really think i'm trynna play that shit on 40 inch + tv? hurts my eyes and it doesn't help that the gameplay of 99% those games are bad compared to actual games from those eras

Between acting like 40 inches is big (it's not) and stating that 8- and 16-bit graphics hurt the eyes (they don't), I just can't tell if you're serious.

im serious it hurts my eyes you dont believe me? i really don't care 

Around the Network

It blows my mind how so many people prefer shitty games like Knack or Ass Creed just because they fall into this "AAA" category. But yeah, go ahead, just ignore some of the best games of the generation, because there's no major publisher behind it who will sell you a season pass and give you microtransactions from day one. Have fun.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

CGI-Quality said:
[...]

Who said they liked Knack for that reason? I don't see it (though I'm one of those that very much enjoyed the game and saw the potential to make it something great with a sequel). 

Just random examples. Pick any other AAA games which you personally don't like, I'm sure there are plenty of that.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

CGI-Quality said:

[...]

I don't see anything wrong with prefering AAA titles. People don't have to justify what they like, just like you don't have to justify your view that folks are missing out on some of this generation's best by scoffing @ Indie titles.

The publisher doesn't have anything to do with the quality of a game. And after all, that's all it comes down to when talking about indie or not. If you have a deal with a big ass company, you're AAA. If you don't, you're Indie. The budget or the quality aren't even important, which is insane considering what AAA used to mean in the past. Even when a game from, say, Ubisoft is really really bad and gets a Metascore of 30 or something, it's still considered AAA and because of that, it must be worth more than Undertale or something, right? 

So what I'm saying is, just give every game a fair chance. Who knows, you might just have fun with it. 

Baddman said:
Azuren said:

Between acting like 40 inches is big (it's not) and stating that 8- and 16-bit graphics hurt the eyes (they don't), I just can't tell if you're serious.

im serious it hurts my eyes you dont believe me? i really don't care 

See, I still can't tell.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Meliodas2 said:
Indie games are a complete joke.

Playing no game at all is better than playing an indie game. It has completely ruined PS Plus. I'm just glad that Sony get such a terrible response from players when they reveal their PS Plus line up.

If people actually started accepting this trash it'd be a terrible sign.

What? How? In what way does the size of budget of a game determine how good it is?

Are you just saying that to get a rise out of people, or do you actually believe this?

No it's true, indie games are absolute garbage. So in a sense it's better to play nothing at all than play an indie game.

Meliodas2 said:
Normchacho said:

What? How? In what way does the size of budget of a game determine how good it is?

Are you just saying that to get a rise out of people, or do you actually believe this?

No it's true, indie games are absolute garbage. So in a sense it's better to play nothing at all than play an indie game.

Well Im not big into indie games either, but there are some great indie games. I do think they get way too much attention these days though.

how? i haven't bought a single indy game on any platform and not like i get nightmares about it.

CGI-Quality said:
Meliodas2 said:

All of them? No.

That has all the telltale signs of an alt, CGI...

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

CGI-Quality said:
Meliodas2 said:

All of them? No.

No what I said the first time, all of them.