By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - With all due Respect....Indie games are ruining my Playstation experience.

I'm not the indie type of guy at all. I love playing high budget titles because it's the true gaming experience of today. Yes Indies are needed for today for chances of making a big franchise in the future, and there's some people out there who actually play them.  

Playstation tries so hard for us to play them. I  really want them to realize they aren't any good for Playstation Plus titles. When Sony stopped higih budget games for the Vita, everytime I asked are there any good Vita titles, I'll get a bunch of Indy titles I haven't heard of before AND no interest at all.  Xbox has Borderlands 2, Rayman Legends and all these other good games for their subscribers. BUT NONE FOR PLAYSTATION. It dissapoints me everymonth to see these Innocent Indy titles getting major heat because there's not enough high budget games. In my opinion Sony are hurting these Indy titles because there's too many of them.

I want games such as Black Flag, Killzone Shadow Fall, maybe Knack and other high budget games that released years ago. This has to be my biggest complaint about Sony as of right now. Who knows, maybe I'll switch to Xbox One if they keep this nonsense up, we'll see for sure in a year from now.        

Yeah theres people gonna say "then don't play them". YES I do that all the time. But since I'm doing that, I'm missing out on free games! XBox is having these awesome games while there's nothing for us to play. Sony isn't giving most of their audience the "free games" feature. That's like me giving out free food and it's boiled eggs, there'll be people out there who wouldn't like them and I'd say "Then don't eat them".. THEN WHAT ARE THEY GONNA EAT? What are we gonna play? ...  I know that's a weird example but it works lol        

I would've wrote SO many crap rants about Sony's nonense about this. But as I stated in my Apology thread. No more over exaggerating rants lol.  This is all my opinion of Playstation Plus. I'm pretty alot of other people will agree with me.    

Around the Network

$50 / 12 months / 6 games = $0.69 per game.

I'll agree that PS+ has been pretty crap for a while now. Some will disagree obviously though, I'm not into the whole indie game thing either. Every time I see an Indie game on GWG I download it and never bother playing it .

*not saying all indie games are bad obviously but I'd be willing to say more than half of them aren't very good*

Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I'll agree that PS+ has been pretty crap for a while now. Some will disagree obviously though, I'm not into the whole indie game thing either. Every time I see an Indie game on GWG I download it and never bother playing it .

*not saying all indie games are bad obviously but I'd be willing to say more than half of them aren't very good*

Wow, what a cop out. Just be honest about your feelings without the sugarcoating

Not a cop out at all, I haven't played every indie game so I can't give a defeinitve asnwer as if I have. 

Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Not a cop out at all, I havne't played every indie game so I can't give a defeinitve asnwer as if I have. 

Yeah but, 'aren't very good'? Why not just say 'are shit' or something?

Idk, why does it matter my choice of words? 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Idk, why does it matter my choice of words? 

Cuz you're Noble! You're supposed to be our local badass!

I can only be a badass on Skype. That way I avoid all the bans xD

Nintation360 said:

I'm not the indie type of guy at all. I love playing high budget titles because it's the true gaming experience of today. Yes Indies are needed for today for chances of making a big franchise in the future, and there's some people out there who actually play them.  

Playstation tries so hard for us to play them. I  really want them to realize they aren't any good for Playstation Plus titles. When Sony stopped higih budget games for the Vita, everytime I asked are there any good Vita titles, I'll get a bunch of Indy titles I haven't heard of before AND no interest at all.  Xbox has Borderlands 2, Rayman Legends and all these other good games for their subscribers. BUT NONE FOR PLAYSTATION. It dissapoints me everymonth to see these Innocent Indy titles getting major heat because there's not enough high budget games. In my opinion Sony are hurting these Indy titles because there's too many of them.

I want games such as Black Flag, Killzone Shadow Fall, maybe Knack and other high budget games that released years ago. This has to be my biggest complaint about Sony as of right now. Who knows, maybe I'll switch to Xbox One if they keep this nonsense up, we'll see for sure in a year from now.        

I would've wrote SO many crap rants about Sony's nonense about this. But as I stated in my Apology thread. No more over exaggerating rants lol.  This is all my opinion of Playstation Plus. I'm pretty alot of other people will agree with me.    

You are going to switch to Xbox One -- because you aren't getting enough AAA games on your service? First, as Kitler said - you are paying $0.69 a title or $4.17 a month (and that includes discounts on cable channels, discounts on games, server costs, all in addition to your "crappy games"). Second, GWG isn't much better (except you now get some BC AAA games).

Also judging by your name -- you aren't a Sony person. If you are considering switching to an XB1 over PS+ vs GWG -- you don't like Sony exclusives and (and are likely trying to poison the community well.

Can't say I agree with any of your sentiments. Indies are some of the best games I've played in recent memory.
How anyone could want a mediocre game like Knack over masterpieces like The binding od Isaac and Meatboy or something fun like Rocket League is beyond me, but hey, tastes differ I guess.

Just be aware that higher budget ≠ better game and Indie ≠ low buget. Indie just means it has no major publisher behind it. Yeah, this can lead to a lot of crap, but it can also lead to a lot of creative freedom, resulting in a better experience. And it's not like you see any of the really crap games on ps+.

Also, if you really want to play all those games you listed, why not buy them to improve your playstation expierience? A lot of them are cheap to get by now and you're actually supporting the publisher and team that made them.

Ka-pi96 said:
SuperNova said:
How anyone could want a mediocre game like Knack over masterpieces like The binding od Isaac and Meatboy or something fun like Rocket League is beyond me, but hey, tastes differ I guess.

I'd rather have the masterpiece that is Knack over any of those other games

Well, there's no accounting for taste. ;P

The real question is, why aren't you banned yet? (with all due respect of course)

User was warned for this post.

~Ultrashroomz

[] [] [] {} []