By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ march line up.

Azuren said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, you're looking at the Dark Arisen review. That likely got better scores because it was reviewed by fans of the orignal release and it was also reviewed by less critics. Its the same with Destiny, Taken King was likely reviewed by people that kept playing it. Dark Arisen did fix a few things but it just made the game less of a slog.

I played a few indie games already, mostly the ones I wasn't familiar with. And I gotta say, some of this shit should only be a dollar. Some of these indie games feel like free phone games. That's what upsets people, Sony sometimes just buys cheap stuff for PS+.

The Vita PS+ games was pretty great at one point by the way.

3 points doesn't take a game from good to bad. The Taken King for positive reviews because it changed a lot of the way how Destiny works. Dark Arisen got better reviews because of the improved load times, framerates, and content that could keep you playing long after you got the Platinum. 

No one said that every indie was great. There's one good one for every three, and if you've gone through more than three without hitting a good one, then you're skipping the good ones somewhere or just have different taste. 

Lets just move on from Dragon's Dogma. You can like the game in spite of its obvious flaws and poor pacing. The version most critics played was the 360 version and it got a 75 by the way.

Nope, less than 1 of 3 of these indie games are actually notable. Sony knows a lot of this stuff is bleh. Franky, it would be nice if Sony gave away PS2 games. Even 1st party stuff would be fine.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Azuren said:

3 points doesn't take a game from good to bad. The Taken King for positive reviews because it changed a lot of the way how Destiny works. Dark Arisen got better reviews because of the improved load times, framerates, and content that could keep you playing long after you got the Platinum. 

No one said that every indie was great. There's one good one for every three, and if you've gone through more than three without hitting a good one, then you're skipping the good ones somewhere or just have different taste. 

Lets just move on from Dragon's Dogma. You can like the game in spite of it being totally rad. The version most critics played was the 360 version and it got a 75 by the way.

Nope, less than 1 of 3 of these indie games are actually notable. Sony knows a lot of this stuff is bleh. Franky, it would be nice if Sony gave away PS2 games. Even 1st party stuff would be fine.

Fix'd. And I play PS3, so I run by PS3 ratings. And Dark Arisen is the version that was given away, too, so should we not judge it by that?

As far as not finding good indies, here's a handy list of indies that achieved some form of critical acclaim:

• Contrast
  • Resogun
  • Don't Starve
  • Outlast
  • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
  • PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
  • Trine 2
  • Fez
  • Velocity 2X
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • Spelunky
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • The Swapper
  • Apotheon
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Transistor
  • OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War
  • Never Alone
  • Tower of Guns
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • Hohokum
  • The Unfinished Swan
  • Rocket League
  • Styx: Master of Shadows
  • Entwined
  • Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones
  • Sound Shapes
  • Limbo
  • Grow Home
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Xeodrifter
  • Teslagrad
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Nom Nom Galaxy

35 good-to-fantastic games out of the currently 71 PS4 titles that have been made available. Of that 71, I excluded games from established high-profile/once-high-profile series such as Lara Croft and Strider. 10 non-indie titles were removed based on this, meaning 34 of 61 games that if not you, others enjoyed. I've even gone ahead and emboldened the ones that I personally enjoyed. I bet you can't guess which one I liked the most. (Hint: It's totally Rogue Legacy)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I agree with a lot of people, a terrible month. Never had the same quality on PS4 since the main reason to buy plus is now for online play.

At the start I defended the drop in quality due to lack of games on PS4 but that excuse can't be used any more.

Sony stop being greedy and give us better games.

Azuren said:

As far as not finding good indies, here's a handy list of indies that achieved some form of critical acclaim:

• Contrast
  • Resogun
  • Don't Starve
  • Outlast
  • Trine 2
  • Fez
  • Velocity 2X
  • Spelunky
  • The Swapper
  • Apotheon
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Transistor
  • Never Alone
  • Tower of Guns
  • Hohokum
  • The Unfinished Swan
  • Rocket League
  • Entwined
  • Sound Shapes
  • Limbo
  • Grow Home
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Xeodrifter
  • Teslagrad
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Nom Nom Galaxy

35 good-to-fantastic games out of the currently 71 PS4 titles that have been made available. Of that 71, I excluded games from established high-profile/once-high-profile series such as Lara Croft and Strider. 10 non-indie titles were removed based on this, meaning 34 of 61 games that if not you, others enjoyed. I've even gone ahead and emboldened the ones that I personally enjoyed. I bet you can't guess which one I liked the most. (Hint: It's totally Rogue Legacy)

If you want to include titles that are remotely entertaining, okay.

A lot of these games are something you try, maybe you have fun for a bit, then you quickly move on. Frankly, these aren't the same kind of experiences that encouraged me to get the PS+ and I think a lot of people in this thread feel the same.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Azuren said:

• Contrast
  • Resogun
  • Don't Starve
  • Outlast
  • Trine 2
  • Fez
  • Velocity 2X
  • Spelunky
  • The Swapper
  • Apotheon
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Transistor
  • Never Alone
  • Tower of Guns
  • Hohokum
  • The Unfinished Swan
  • Rocket League
  • Entwined
  • Sound Shapes
  • Limbo
  • Grow Home
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Xeodrifter
  • Teslagrad
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Nom Nom Galaxy

If you want to include titles that are remotely entertaining, okay.

A lot of these games are something you try, maybe you have fun for a bit, then you quickly move on. Frankly, these aren't the same kind of experiences that encouraged me to get the PS+ and I think a lot of people in this thread feel the same.

Except every game I bolded, I spent at least 6 hours on. To a person with a total of 10 hours to game a week, that's a long ass time. And I included games that got critical appraise, not just games that were "remotely entertaining".

The problem seems to be in your thought process. I don't think you want to be shown a good free indie. 

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Azuren said:

Lets just move on from Dragon's Dogma. You can like the game in spite of its obvious flaws and poor pacing. The version most critics played was the 360 version and it got a 75 by the way.

Holy shit Puggsly really? Why can't you just let people like what they like without having to be backhanded about it. Like...why???

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Holy shit Puggsly really? Why can't you just let people like what they like without having to be backhanded about it. Like...why???

He mocked Thief, a very under rated game!

Recently Completed

Normchacho said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Mr Puggsly said:
Normchacho said:

He mocked Thief, a very under rated game!

I'll agree that it's under rated, but only because people treat it like it's garbage when in fact it's just slightly better than mediocre. 

Azuren said:

Except every game I bolded, I spent at least 6 hours on. To a person with a total of 10 hours to game a week, that's a long ass time. And I included games that got critical appraise, not just games that were "remotely entertaining".

The problem seems to be in your thought process. I don't think you want to be shown a good free indie. 

Critical appraise? Do you bring them your games and they tell you the value? :-p

We COULD drag this on longer. But I think more people will be happy when Sony eased up on indie stuff. I mean look at the comments around the web, the reception for the March games hasn't been great. Argue with me all you want but that doesn't change.

Recently Completed