By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct Season 3 Graphics Shine Brighter / Arbiter Trailer!

Mr Puggsly said:

Having nice graphics at the time and realistic aren't the same thing. In 94 - 96 KI looked cool, but the models had the appearance of plastic toys.

I never thought support had ended because Iron Galaxy was always pretty vocal about wanting to do more. But the support it has received has exceeded my expectations. I think people running Xbox see KI is something special and not pouring money into SFV encouraged them to support their own games I guess.

The thing is KI does have story and the endings for each chracter. The quality of Season 2 ending are better though, they make Season 1 endings look bad. If MS wants to make up for losing SFV, putting a story mode in KI could get a lot of attention.

Not to argue, just to clarify, a plastic toy is a realistic object. Dead or alive 3 looked more realistic to me than any fighting game but it lacked the 3D modeling that gave KI the toy look. DOA characters look flat. It's all a matter of perspective. I thinks toys with the right color and animation look very real. Far as realism goes; Street fighter V has the toy and animations down but not the color. Doa has the color and animations down but not the toy look. MKX has the color and toy look but not the animations. KI has the toy look, the animations, the color.

I thought support ended when I read an interview with the guy from iron galaxy talking about the future of Killer Instinct on Xbox One and it ended with him dropping a tear. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/killer-instinct-season-two-interview Quote is near the bottom.

"We don't even know if there's going to be more Killer Instinct in the future," he says, with a single tear falling down his face. "We hope there is, we love working on it, but we don't know for sure. Microsoft will figure that out and let us know." 

I just started playing Season 2 last night and saw Riptors story. That's way different from what I've played in Season 1. It could be more but it was pretty decent.

Around the Network

Downloaded KI as january GwG. Just tried it out for a few minutes this weekend, now i'm thinking about buying season 2. Season 3 looks even better.
I'm not so much into fighting games as 20 or even ten years ago, but it's a nice game.

d21lewis said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The Arbiter is more interesting and his tech fits well for a fighting game.

But the Chief (or a look alike) would be more popular!  Just right click, copy, paste. It's easy! (I've never designed games but I assume that's how it works.)

Well I don't think its just about popularity. If it was, they would put in Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, the guy on the Minecraft box, Banjo Kazooie, and maybe the hero from a Fable game.

In retrospect, the guy on the Minecraft box totally should be in KI.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

captain carot said:
Downloaded KI as january GwG. Just tried it out for a few minutes this weekend, now i'm thinking about buying season 2. Season 3 looks even better.
I'm not so much into fighting games as 20 or even ten years ago, but it's a nice game.

Quite frankly, I lost interest in fighting games over the years as well. The only ones I really spent time with were anything SF related and MK for story stuff. But KI is a fresh experience that has really grabbed my attention.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
captain carot said:

Quite frankly, I lost interest in fighting games over the years as well. The only ones I really spent time with were anything SF related and MK for story stuff. But KI is a fresh experience that has really grabbed my attention.

I use to be hardcore into fighters but now I am more casual. I still like playing fighters but I dont try to compete online or anything like I use to.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
d21lewis said:

But the Chief (or a look alike) would be more popular!  Just right click, copy, paste. It's easy! (I've never designed games but I assume that's how it works.)

Well I don't think its just about popularity. If it was, they would put in Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, the guy on the Minecraft box, Banjo Kazooie, and maybe the hero from a Fable game.

In retrospect, the guy on the Minecraft box totally should be in KI.

If t would get more people playing, heck yeah!

If Microsoft plays it's cards right... What Super Smash Brothers is for Nintendo, could be Killer Instinct for Microsoft, they just need to leverage their I.P's.
They could use characters from Kameo, Fable, Gears, Perfect Dark, Banjo, Conker, Halo...

Giving away Season 1 + Killer Instinct 1 and 2/Gold awhile back has certainly helped people get into the game.
But I still want a disc, with everything on it.

They could also start throwing a free copy of season 1 pre-loaded, with every console sold too.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Very cool on Microsoft to support the detail for this long and to this extent. I haven't played it but it looks like a great fighter.