By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think about feminism?

Do you support feminism?

Yep 35 17.95%

Nope 127 65.13%

#menimism 33 16.92%

Total:195
mornelithe said:

That may have been its intent, however, that's not what the vocal members feel (or do). Which is why so very few people on the planet consider themselves feminists.   The numbers are dwindling, because feminism has gone off the rails.  Thankfully, we don't have to call ourselves feminists to believe in and support equality.

Pointing at the definition of feminism is one of 3rd wave feminists' most common excuses. However, they never actually put the definition into practice. Instead, they scream "Sexist!" whenever they are met with opinions that don't coincide with theirs (or "Internalized misogyny" if the disagreer is a woman) and we all know how the tale of The Boy Who Cried Wolf went ...

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:

It appears you also don't know what feminism is. Feminism = wanting equal rights for both genders. It has nothing to do with claims of opression. And you should better cahnge your way of thinking, blaming the victim.

It's not blaming the victim. That's why feminist always say.

I simply trust the "innocent until guilty" system. Do you not realize how great it is to have the system? If we didn't have it, anyone accused of raping someone could be killed on the spot by a crazy mob. 

I don't automatically trust the claim, and i don't automatically disapprove the claim.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Gourmet said:
I don't know whether it is more stupid to think different people should be somehow equal or to think it's actually doable.

Would you please clarify what you mean?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Well look at vg chartz, how many profiles have women over sexualised, can't tell that's treating women fair.
I was a lurker for year's you never see women post on this site, but i bet there's loads lurking who want to post but feel there views would be laughed at or people would just try to chat them up.

I support the original ideals of it. The idea that women should be allowed to have the same rights and freedoms of men is a good thing. Modern feminism, on the other hand, is usually sexist and hateful and as far as that goes, I condemn it.

Around the Network

I support the definition of feminism, and the rights and equality of men and women. It must not be confused with feminazism XDD. The problem nowadays is that feminazis and their opinions are what people are asociating with feminism, and it's not the same at all. I despise feminazis, is another type of sexism.

Offcourse i support feminism and all of the other things that we have for human rights.

You need to be aiming at extremism instead of the whole term feminism,cause it is supposed to be a good thing.

Alot of sexism is still present in our society, that's a fact.
It's not because the most visible positions in our society are equal that the society in itself is there yet.

Immersiveunreality said:

Offcourse i support feminism and all of the other things that we have for human rights.

You need to be aiming at extremism instead of the whole term feminism,cause it is supposed to be a good thing.

I know, I know. It's just that the majority of the people in feminism have become godhorrible.

Never said I hate the original goals of it( I always supported it). I just hate the people in it. Couldn't handle them.

I tend not to focus on generic ideological labels (i.e what do you think of liberals?). Plenty of people who self label as feminists have very different views on issues regarding gender equality. Instead I think its preferable to focus and be critical on specific issues as opposed to broad labels.

My feeling is that there are social inequalities existent for both men and women. I'm particularly concerned with some of the destructive gender roles which are propergated for men like treating emotional intelligence as a emasculate trait.