By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think about feminism?

Do you support feminism?

Yep 35 17.95%

Nope 127 65.13%

#menimism 33 16.92%

Total:195
Turkish said:

Where I'm from, the middle east, I see real women struggles, so when I think about feminism I think about the hardships women face in my culture, and muslim women facing discrimination in the West. Sorry I can not relate to purple haired women whining about sexist video games, and that whole gamergate internet mob stuff from both parties looked creepy and embarrassing. Also anonymous assholes on the net don't only target women, for me racism is a much bigger issue because that's what I'm confronted with.

What part of the Middle East? 

I'm from jerusalem, so I don't know what you may see. For me, women are treated with extreme amounts of respect. Treated like queens. Lay a finger on a woman and you'll see someone flying at you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well it's not as if it's mandatory to state your gender when posting on an internet forum and even if you do it's not mandatory to be honest about it. This whole 'no women post on this site' stuff kind of irks me. Just because there aren't people with I'M A WOMAN in every post they make doesn't mean there aren't women posting here...

Very much this, I rarely feel the need to sign off my posts with.

"I've got a penis"

Although it might get some bonus replies!

Maybe your penis identifies as a vagina you sexist anti-semitic vegan Obama-supporter!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Thunderbird77 said:
mornelithe said:

That may have been its intent, however, that's not what the vocal members feel (or do). Which is why so very few people on the planet consider themselves feminists.   The numbers are dwindling, because feminism has gone off the rails.  Thankfully, we don't have to call ourselves feminists to believe in and support equality.

What feminism is is absolute. The number of people believing something doesn't make it true.

To you maybe, but apparently you pay very little attention to the world around you.  And the fact that so few people are actually willing to identify as feminist, while still believing in equality, tells you really all you need to know.  It's a tainted brand.

hershel_layton said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Very much this, I rarely feel the need to sign off my posts with.

"I've got a penis"

Although it might get some bonus replies!

Maybe your penis identifies as a vagina you sexist anti-semitic vegan Obama-supporter!

I can't believe you put me in one of your "Human" categories, I only identify as a garden gnome. CIS Scum.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I break feminist down into three camps

Feminist who want equal opportunity

Feminist who want equal outcome

Feminist who want preferential treatment

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:

I don't think anyone should ever have issue with this, but sadly it's the 2 other camps who seem to go nuts about it from my experiences.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
SlayerRondo said:

I don't think anyone should ever have issue with this, but sadly it's the 2 other camps who seem to go nuts about it from my experiences.

I agree with you and would say I agree with the first camp absolutely.

I also think the second two camps are why many people, both men and women, are unwilling to identify as feminist.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I agree with you and would say I agree with the first camp absolutely.

I also think the second two camps are why many people, both men and women, are unwilling to identify as feminist.

I think almost everyone on this earth wants women to be equal(or at least be treated well and have a good life). It's only a small percent of people who don't want that.

SlayerRondo said:

That's decent way of putting it, although equal outcome is a form of preferential treatment.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

i thing feminism is about freedom and respect.
and not only for woman, for both genders.

The modern feminism though...