By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think about feminism?

Do you support feminism?

Yep 35 17.95%

Nope 127 65.13%

#menimism 33 16.92%

Total:195

wow i just found this gem
http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/20/technology/ebay-women-sellers-gender-bias/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

I guess not even seeing that it's a woman can't prevent the gender pay gap.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

I believe in gender equality. As in, if a male and female student are both failing the same subject in school, I would expect they both receive the exact same support, for example.

Sadly, I don't get the impression that modern feminists share that expectation.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

As in the definition (the simple one) of feminism I agree with. I also mostly agree with "Equity Feminism" by Christina Hoff Sommers. Now, as in the generalization of the movement and the ideology, currently, I also think it's a joke, and a harmful one.

Radicals, tumblr, twitter, etc feminists are probably the largest and most whiny and self entitled group to have ever existed. Safe spaces, trigger warning and censorship... These brats literally claim they are left traumatized by the exercise of freedom of speech of people they don't agree with.

I believe in meritocracy, so I also think any kind of quotas, like gender and race quotas is an utter joke. They end up being sexist and racist themselves so they had to change the definition of sexism and racism so it conveniently wouldn't apply to them.

They have also fighting against anyone trying to help men, by either shutting down houses for battered husbands, interrupting speeches about male suicide, and even cancelling Men's Day in one university that would talk about issues like suicide and boys being left behind in education compared to girls.

I could go on with the wage gap, patriarchy, rape culture, privilege, vote for Hillary's vajayjay and plenty of other bullshit spread by these kind of feminists, but I hope I made my stand clear enough.

johnsobas said:
SlayerRondo said:
I break feminist down into three camps

Feminist who want equal opportunity

Feminist who want equal outcome

Feminist who want preferential treatment

That's decent way of putting it, although equal outcome is a form of preferential treatment.

While I agree with you from my perspective, the women who want equal outcome can only see inequal outcomes it as the result of descrimination rather than women and men having differing preferences.

Women who want preferential treatment know what they want is unfair and still want it.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I really think this is to do with traditional media dying and moving online.The more clicks the more revenue.People click more on outrageous stories.

Half the news articles are just rehashed tweets from a few left wing weirdos on twitter.The absurdity of it all is causing actual feminism to wither and die.

Around the Network
97alexk said:

I support that feminism that wants females around the world especially in the third world countries to get more supported and end real misygonism. And i want all women to have equal oppurtunities just like the man has , and the same salaries like men when its the exact same job.

But i don't Support feminism when it comes to feminism who just want to win something for themself, or feminism that wants to censor more things. Or those ''feminists'' who bi**h about sexulisation. I hate that, who cares about that. But i rather support equalism than feminism, because feminism these days is considered to be a ''foul'' word.

Practically, i dont want to be part of just some movement, with their little hashtags and so on, i just support the people who want real change and real equality from misygonistic bastar*s

Well you see thats not real feminism.  Thats just censorship.  Real feminists fight on behalf of women, not against men. 

I think that most of us support feminism and causes that seek to keep woman safe and  promote merit based pay and are against sex trafficing.   Sometimes though people tend to take their agenda and latch on to the greater feminist cause for attention.  This happens to alot of good causes though not just feminism. 

Nettles said:
I really think this is to do with traditional media dying and moving online.The more clicks the more revenue.People click more on outrageous stories.

Half the news articles are just rehashed tweets from a few left wing weirdos on twitter.The absurdity of it all is causing actual feminism to wither and die.

All great points.  Truth is, if you ever get a chance to listen to a REAL feminist, you are instantly on their side.  But you are wrong about real feminism dying.  As an analogy, remember back a few years when a lady got busted for faking cancer.  She got called out, but we didn't lose respect for real cancer patients and their struggles.  Thats how we should address this.  We need to fight the fake feminists on behalf of all the real world issues that affect women.  Fight the fake but not feminism itself. 

97alexk said:

I support that feminism that wants females around the world especially in the third world countries to get more supported and end real misygonism. And i want all women to have equal oppurtunities just like the man has , and the same salaries like men when its the exact same job.

But i don't Support feminism when it comes to feminism who just want to win something for themself, or feminism that wants to censor more things. Or those ''feminists'' who bi**h about sexulisation. I hate that, who cares about that. But i rather support equalism than feminism, because feminism these days is considered to be a ''foul'' word.

Practically, i dont want to be part of just some movement, with their little hashtags and so on, i just support the people who want real change and real equality from misygonistic bastar*s

Exactly, sadly we're stuck with the ones in first world countries complaining like they live in African countries or something. When the fact is they live in the best place in the world for women. So they complain about people making jokes on the internet and video games as their main concern.

Skeetys said:
97alexk said:

Exactly, sadly we're stuck with the ones in first world countries complaining like they live in African countries or something. When the fact is they live in the best place in the world for women. So they complain about people making jokes on the internet and video games as their main concern.

There are real issues here that affect women like equal pay.  I am a firm believer in merit based pay.  Its not okay to tell women to suck it up and to be thankful they aren't sex slaves. I believe we can do better than that.  Misogyny is misogyny wherever you go.  Don'tlet the fake feminists make you blind to real issues.  The second you do that, they win.

CosmicSex said:
97alexk said:

Well you see thats not real feminism.  Thats just censorship.  Real feminists fight on behalf of women, not against men. 

I think that most of us support feminism and causes that seek to keep woman safe and  promote merit based pay and are against sex trafficing.   Sometimes though people tend to take their agenda and latch on to the greater feminist cause for attention.  This happens to alot of good causes though not just feminism. 

exactly