By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This needs to stop.

Maybe limit people to 1 NX thread per week.

You'll notice certain people are out there creating multiple NX threads at a time.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Actually, I have seen latey there are more "stop the NX threads" or "too many NX threads" comments than actual comments about the NX. Maybe we are reaching full circle, and next week we'll see a push for more NX threads.

I have not seen every many threads like this, just ones that speculate release date/what it is/what games it'll have. Nothing rong with a few here or there, but when the Hot Topics consist of 10 of these things, it's a bit much.

That was an isolated incident that happened when someone went to the "what are your NX threads" thread and necrobumped most of them. Any normal day we don't see the NX threads overtaking the Hot Topic section (unless there's a big rumour or news, in which case it's natural to see it there).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I made a mod approved NX thread way back and everyone decided to just keep posting NX threads.
There was some dissent over actually posting NX threads within that thread because "It wouldn't be visible enough".
Basically, people didn't want to post in the NX thread because they wanted their own threads.

It was really annoying. I posted so many times that new threads should be in there and everyone flipped out.

theprof00 said:
I made a mod approved NX thread way back and everyone decided to just keep posting NX threads.
There was some dissent over actually posting NX threads within that thread because "It wouldn't be visible enough".
Basically, people didn't want to post in the NX thread because they wanted their own threads.

It was really annoying. I posted so many times that new threads should be in there and everyone flipped out.

I think that, due to the speculative nature of the matter, there will not be a viable Official NX Thread until the thing is properly unveiled and we have most of the questions answered by official sources. All we have is rumours, speculations and deductions.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
theprof00 said:

I think that, due to the speculative nature of the matter, there will not be a viable Official NX Thread until the thing is properly unveiled and we have most of the questions answered by official sources. All we have is rumours, speculations and deductions.

Thing is, everytime someone hears a rumor or has an idea, or wants to share something they make a new thread. It's really annoying because on other sites, this kind of stuff is heavily moderated to keep all the discussion within one thread. I understand we don't have a whole lot of manpower, but on other sites shit like this works. Its like everyone here is a little kid with their own soapbox.

Around the Network

This whole thing only makes me wonder if it's okay to make tournament threads again, considering the hypocrisy would now be blatant otherwise.

Honestly, go ruin someone else's party. There are lots of NX discussions because that's what people want to talk about. Either deal with it or stay offline.
Don't be such a limp noodle.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

mZuzek said:
It's annoying, but I'm afraid there's no stopping it.

Laughs as I create 100 more NX threads

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Why so many threads about a product we know nothing about? Strange.

StarOcean, you there? xP