By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Patchter thinks the PS3 will only have about half the install base of 360

Once again, it has been proven that no "professional" knows anything about games and sales.

Around the Network

i actually hate when other people do this so dont judge me if im being hypocritical but.......

deee deee deeeeeeee

darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

that seems impossible to me this year

especially after the failed price drop in EU
 Failed?! I read UK sales are up 40% since the drop, I don't see how that can be considered a failure. 

everyone settle down here.

I think it's pretty obvious what happened here. Pachter is not a complete loony, it's obvious from the context of the conversation that he actually meant that was going to be the install base when GTAIV is released.

The other option is he was talking about US only, but I don't think so because those numbers are pretty unrealistic.

He probably said "end of the year" by accident, I very much doubt he thinks the xbox360 and PS3 will just stop selling.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

leo-j said:
Willem said:

Next time, all of you, LISTEN to what they're talking about:
Pachter means
TOTAL SOLD COPIES OF GTA 4, NOT CONSOLES !!!

But I think he over-estimates the xbo360 sales for gta4 way to much, perhaps he has some Rockstar shares

No, your wrong, patchter says the 360 will end up with about 23 M, PS3 will have half according to him.

It might be that it was just a slip of the tongue during the talk because he wasn't too well prepared.
Anyway, all four people came across very likeable, especially Pachter. It felt really good watching this.

Around the Network
Million said:
Diomedes1976 said:
It doesnt have any sense .
 Neither does your sentence. 

Way to be a jerk. It's not cool to make of someone's grammar whenever his first language isn't English.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@darthdevidem01 & leo-j:

Damn, you guys are right, my apologies.
I guess my brain simply can't grasp that kind of bulls**t :D

He did after all predict only 350,000 for GTA III world wide. He is wrong very often.

was he drunk went he said this.

When Pachter says something it is usually the opposite. Like : 360 will have sold 22-24 million by end of 2008. Ps3 will have sold half of 360 instal base by end of 2008. Then you translate it into: 360 will have sold 22-24 million by end of 2008. Ps3 will have sold half of 360 instal base by end of 2008, NOOOOOOT!

PSN ID: clemens-nl