By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - It's Almost Official Titanic>Star Wars: The Force Awakens ( Box Office )

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

TFA is not a classic, who said that? But Titanic is definitevely not a classic either. Titanic is a classic of cinema just as much as the Backstreet Boys are a classic of music. Nothing at all.

Titanic is an instant classic.

It winnig al lot of awards doesn't make it a instant classic.  Once in a blue moon the Academy Awards just goes with what is popular that was the case with Titanic.  Also both 1997 and 1998 where pretty weak when it comes to quality movie that is one of the main reasons it made that much money because it didn't have a lot of competition.  That being said when it comes to movies that where release in 1997 Life is Beautiful, Princes Mononoke, L.A. Confidential, Boogie Nights, As Good as It Gets and Good Will Hunting are all better then Titanic and better qualified to be called instant classics.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Pavolink said:

Titanic is an instant classic.

It winnig al lot of awards doesn't make it a instant classic.  Once in a blue moon the Academy Awards just goes with what is popular that was the case with Titanic.  Also both 1997 and 1998 where pretty weak when it comes to quality movie that is one of the main reasons it made that much money because it didn't have a lot of competition.  That being said when it comes to movies that where release in 1997 Life is Beautiful, Princes Mononoke, L.A. Confidential, Boogie Nights, As Good as It Gets and Good Will Hunting are all better then Titanic and better qualified to be called instant classics.

Agree, all of those movies are better than Titanic and way closer to the term classic.

The Force Awakens SUCKS!

That is all.

User was warned for this post - VXIII

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

Avatar never had the same awards than Titanic.

Oh yeah, the biggest factor to know if a movie is good is the number of Oscars, Whats next? The best music is the one with more Grammys? Jeeez

And what metric do you use to call them classicss? Your subjective opinion? Ah, come on. You know you don't have anything to support your claim and the same applies to Chris Hu. Unless you provide a more universal way to call the classics, Winning more Oscars, and Bafta awards and many many others, is a good metric.

See you later.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Oh yeah, the biggest factor to know if a movie is good is the number of Oscars, Whats next? The best music is the one with more Grammys? Jeeez

And what metric do you use to call them classicss? Your subjective opinion? Ah, come on. You know you don't have anything to support your claim and the same applies to Chris Hu. Unless you provide a more universal way to call the classics, Winning more Oscars, and Bafta awards and many many others, is a good metric.

See you later.

No it isnt at all, specially with those awards, and history is the proof, but it doesnt seems like you know that much about cinema history to beggin with so...

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Turkish said:

TFA is just a remake of a 40 year old film LOLZ.

Titanic>TFA

But I'm talking about Star wars in general, and even then, a good reboot of one of the best movies ever is already better than Titanic.

False. The original was a great contender, but this one is bad fanfiction... 

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but Cameron's hasn't made a great film since T2. Titanic is hammy and overrated. I mean it got the award for editing and look at how much wasteful crap there is in it.

I am Iron Man

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
shikamaru317 said:

^This. James Cameron is so massively overrated. 

With the exception of the first two Terminator movies and Aliens (even though Ridley Scott is the real mastermind behind the start of the Alien franchise).

exactly this.  Love those 3.  The rest is forgettable.  I still can't fathom...well I mean he does keep his movies in theaters FOREVER and seems to hit at the right time for longevity in sales.  They're just so bland I never wanted to revisit them even a little.

I am Iron Man

I love it when people starts arguing about opinions, it's fun reading them. It never ends xD

titanic ftw