By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Nintendo/Microsoft bought the Crash Bandicoot IP ?

What would be your reaction if Nintendo/Microsoft bought the Crash Bandicoot IP ?

I'd be ok if Nintendo bought it. 36 35.29%

I'd be of if Microsoft bought it. 13 12.75%

Lmao Nintendo can't affo... 5 4.90%

Won't happen until Activ... 10 9.80%

Does Microsoft have a thi... 5 4.90%

It's physically impossib... 7 6.86%

Other 26 25.49%

Total:102

What if Valve bought Crash Bandicoot to have a mascot for Steam machines? ;)

Around the Network

I think a new crash is gonna be announced this year after all the hinting and teasing sony has done in the past few years.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

I'm not sure why Nintendo would want it. Nintendo has a lot of platforming IPs with more name recognition than crash.

I think Sony should get it, however Naughty Dog has made it pretty clear that they are done with those kind of games, so I'm not sure Sony is going to make a greater Crash game than any others.

Don't really think they'd need Crash tbh they both have access to platforming IPs that are notable although for MS it'd mean Rare has to finally pull their finger out.

Around the Network

If it means Crash for Smash 5, I'll be a happy man. xD

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I really don't care about Crash, but I cant get over that Nintendo didn't bought Rare and Banjo Kazooie when they could.

As long as I can play it on my ps4 I really don't care which company owns the ip. It's all about the development team tho.

Darwinianevolution said:
It would be a massive dick move. Activision wouldn't care because they would get money, and the Crash fans would rage all over the internet.

Perfect term for it.
I don't want to see a new Crash Bandicoot from Nintendo or Microsoft, I want to see a new one from Playstation!

Conina said:
What if Valve bought Crash Bandicoot to have a mascot for Steam machines? ;)

I can imagine the startup sound being Crash's iconic "whoa" sound or the original CB theme.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"