By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You're a fanboy of "something" (IP/dev/etc) but you don't like..

I'm a Deus Ex fanboy, but I'm not a fan of Invisible War.

I'd probably also consider myself a Bioware fanboy but I don't think Dragon Age 2 was particularly good and Inquisition, whilst great, could also have been a lot better (too many minor/repetitive fetch quests).

Around the Network

Hm. That's tough. I'm not really head-over-heels about a lot of stuff. Even with gaming, I'm more a fan of third-party games in general than with anything first-party.

I guess I'd have to say Suikoden first. 1, 2, 3, and 5 were so awesome. They had so much depth compared to most other RPGs and without the trendiness and silliness a lot of other Japanese RPGs bring to the table. As a fan of fantasy books since I was a kid, I loved how intricate and connected the Suikoden universe was. The writing itself could be phenomenal, such as the Rashomon-type story of S3, and how the ending was so sad and beautiful that I was literally in tears during the credits.

Then, of course, there is Suikoden 4. It actually wasn't a bad game. I liked the whole ship/island thing, minus the travel itself. The problem was that it felt rushed and unfinished (some parts of the city ACTUALLY WERE unfinished and lacked detailed textures). After the epic feel of the other titles, S4 was small, limited, and disjointed. I can't even remember the villain. As its own thing, it would have been okay, but not as a numbered Suikoden game.

I'm also going to say Magik from the X Men universe. She is my favorite comic book character. A lot of it probably has to do with the timing, I realize that, but I think she'd still be one of my favorites regardless. I had a sister who was several years older than me. I wasn't allowed to touch her comic books when I was little but she ended up giving them to me when I was old enough to (kind of) read them. That made the first X Men comic I ever owned or read the one where she was kidnapped by a demon and then returned after spending several years trapped in a demon's world, even though moments had passed for everyone else back on earth. The way they did it was awesome and I loved the story. Past that, she was just simply the most interesting character in comics, having lived in servitude to a demon lord. She had a good side and an evil side, which meant lots of internal and external conflict.

Then, of course, she was killed off and I lost interest in comics. That's not what I hate, though. I mean, I obviously didn't like it, but I can accept that since she died for a noble reason. What I really hated was when they teased that she was coming back, when they announced a new MAGIK series, and then ... it was someone else. Yeah, that pissed me off so much.

love crash bandicoot, but i hate crash Mind Over Mutants and Of the Titans.

crash3>tag team racing>crash1>team racing>crash bash>crash2>twinsanity>nitro kart>(abism)> wrath of cortex, mutants, titans, gba games>(another abism)>ds game.

Zelda fanboy, and I'm really not a fan of Spirit Tracks. It's easily my least favourite in the series. Also, Tri Force Heroes, while I haven't played it yet, doesn't look that good for a solo player like myself, and while I own every other game in the series, that's one I don't have, and I still don't know if I really want to get it.

I'm a Mega Man fanboy and I don't like that they stopped making Mega Man games...

Around the Network

Im a Nintendo fanboy and I... cant keep a straight face saying this

Fan of C&C but didn't like how 10 turned out along with EA letting the franchise rot out back.

Fan of Windows/MS but greatly dislike how they've gone about their "PC support" and Windows 10 in general.

Fan of the RTS genre but greatly disappointed with how few titles there are the past few years that stand out on the level and polish of SCII/C&C.

Fan of Techland but I'm disappointed with their anti mod stance and unwillingness to give PC players the option to turn off Chromatic Aberration in order for some to play the game without suffering from nausea and headaches along with clear visuals and boost in performance.

Fan of Blizzard but I'm disappointed that they still haven't made any mention of Warcraft 4 or a new Diablo game (last one was 3 years ago).

Fan of Valve but greatly disappointed that they haven't made a new Half Life, TF or L4D game in years.

Fan of Nintendo but I'm disappointed that they didn't announce an Animal Crossing game for Wii U.

Fan of Petroglyph but I'm disappointed with how Grey Goo turned out.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

d21lewis said:
I'm a fanboy of Nintendo but I don't like Pokemon. Never even played one. Somebody gave me Pokemon Y and I still haven't played it.

I think you'd like Omega Ruby or Heartgold/Soulsilver more. Pokemon is a fun game, but it may not be your type.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

pokoko said:
Hm. That's tough. I'm not really head-over-heels about a lot of stuff. Even with gaming, I'm more a fan of third-party games in general than with anything first-party.

I guess I'd have to say Suikoden first. 1, 2, 3, and 5 were so awesome. They had so much depth compared to most other RPGs and without the trendiness and silliness a lot of other Japanese RPGs bring to the table. As a fan of fantasy books since I was a kid, I loved how intricate and connected the Suikoden universe was. The writing itself could be phenomenal, such as the Rashomon-type story of S3, and how the ending was so sad and beautiful that I was literally in tears during the credits.

Then, of course, there is Suikoden 4. It actually wasn't a bad game. I liked the whole ship/island thing, minus the travel itself. The problem was that it felt rushed and unfinished (some parts of the city ACTUALLY WERE unfinished and lacked detailed textures). After the epic feel of the other titles, S4 was small, limited, and disjointed. I can't even remember the villain. As its own thing, it would have been okay, but not as a numbered Suikoden game.

I'm also going to say Magik from the X Men universe. She is my favorite comic book character. A lot of it probably has to do with the timing, I realize that, but I think she'd still be one of my favorites regardless. I had a sister who was several years older than me. I wasn't allowed to touch her comic books when I was little but she ended up giving them to me when I was old enough to (kind of) read them. That made the first X Men comic I ever owned or read the one where she was kidnapped by a demon and then returned after spending several years trapped in a demon's world, even though moments had passed for everyone else back on earth. The way they did it was awesome and I loved the story. Past that, she was just simply the most interesting character in comics, having lived in servitude to a demon lord. She had a good side and an evil side, which meant lots of internal and external conflict.

Then, of course, she was killed off and I lost interest in comics. That's not what I hate, though. I mean, I obviously didn't like it, but I can accept that since she died for a noble reason. What I really hated was when they teased that she was coming back, when they announced a new MAGIK series, and then ... it was someone else. Yeah, that pissed me off so much.

Wasn't the final battle of Suikoden 4 against the life tree (not sure of the actual name).

Im a Silent Hill Fanboy, and I hate with all my heart what Konami is doing, but, I know that Ill buy the next SH game fo sho.
Im a Legacy of Kain fanboy but I didnt like that their last games were left in clifhanger, and till today, theres no ending to that story...
Im a Final Fantasy X fanboy, but I just couldnt endure playing X-2, its just too gay to stand it (I mean, it feels like im playing a barbie game or somthing like that, and barbie games are just not my thing)

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.