By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction: Microsoft will launch the Xbox Two in 2017 or 2018

When will the Xbox Two launch?

this year 22 3.14%

in 2017 34 4.86%

in 2018 147 21.00%

in 2019 239 34.14%

in 2020 156 22.29%

after 2020 102 14.57%

Total:700

I hope so, cause then all the people freaking out that the NX would launch 4 years into the Wii U cycle (1 year early) would be calmer because the X2 would replace the X1 quicker than that lol.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
PC isn't really going to hurt. People who want an Xbox one will get one regardless. Its evident that for now, not many people are interested in it compared to the PS4.

Its also evident that lack of true exclusives doesn't really matter. Sony knew this, which is why 99/9% of the reason to own a PS4 is ''superior'' multiplatform games.

Its simply a win win for gamers.

I think it's not that simple.

I'll give you my own example: I had the desire to buy the X1 because of some games like Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Olli and the Blind Forest, Scalebound and others. But if these games end up coming to the PC then I would no longer have any reason to buy the console.

I know there are many people who buy the consoles because they prefer to play on them, but there are also many people (like me) who are forced to buy them just because of some games that are not available anywhere else.

But I will give you that, at the end, it is a win win for gamers.

Thunderbird77 said:
Qwark said:
Xone isn't selling terribly just, it's still around it's predecessor in therms of sales. Besides it can hit the 50 million easy. Terrible is Wii U level of sales, the Xone sells mediocre.

Not even close.

Why not if I may ask, it´s still tracking ahead of it´s predecessor which sold over 80 million, and yet you think Xone will sell less than 30 million units, whereas the 360 sold over 50 million units. I suspect Xone got at least 4 years left before it´s lifespan is completed, so why couldn´t sell 7,5 million a year, especially if the holiday season is very good for Xone each year.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Launching last quarter of 2019, or presenting in e3 2019 and launching 2020. If they want to compete with Steam they need to stablish:

1) New Franchises: the library of steam is unreacheable for microsoft at least short term. They need atractive exclusives, and Halo & Gears is not enough, they need more, and they only can count on Xbox brand to do that.
2) The cross buy and cross play as a trend feature, and they only count with Xbox to do that.
3) Xbox Live Gold as a suscription service popular on PC, they need mantain the popularity of the service on consoles to gain the PC market.

By the way they are not going to give up with a platform that is profitable in many ways, no matter what Sony is selling. Xbox is essential to Microsoft as a Company.

Tim and The Princes...

SWORDF1SH said:
I think MS want to turn Xbox into a service like Steam and make profit off of live and have something similar to the Steam box. Your account will be linked to both PC and your box to allow for cross platform.

It just seems they are becoming more PC orientated and want to step away from consoles but make mini PCs with Xbox ui on instead. They might even let 3rd party vendors make their own X Boxes.

I am too starting to think that this is where things are going.

Around the Network

I agree with SwordF1sh.

Microsoft have played their hand already. The Xbox Two is actually any Windows 10 PC. That is why all future Xbox One exclusives will be released on both Xbox One and Windows 10. That way when future multiplats are released Micrsoft can say look that multi-plats look and play much better on Windows 10.

I'm not convinced Microsoft will ever release another console. 3 generations in a row they have finished behind the PlayStation.

Last gen it was close, but this gen is looking like another PS2 generation lead. Short of one of the Micrsoft's new IPs being a console seller, I'm not sure there is much they can do to come back from this. It would need PlayStation to mess up BIG time for Microsoft to have a chance. Certainly possible, but I think unlikely.

2017 sounds way to early and 2018 also seems a bit unlikely since that would only be five years. I could see the next Xbox in 2019 or 2020 though.

The Xbox One may be selling horribly when compared to the PS4 but it's still ahead of 360 sales in the same time frame (although I expect the 360 to be ahead by the start of next year) so it's actually not doing all that bad.

Qwark said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Not even close.

Why not if I may ask, it´s still tracking ahead of it´s predecessor which sold over 80 million, and yet you think Xone will sell less than 30 million units, whereas the 360 sold over 50 million units. I suspect Xone got at least 4 years left before it´s lifespan is completed, so why couldn´t sell 7,5 million a year, especially if the holiday season is very good for Xone each year.

Quark,

If you look at the sales charts starting in Jan 2016, the problem is X1 weekly sales are dropping much faster than PS4 sales. In January alone PS4 is outselling X1 by 3:1. Last year PS4 *never* got close to 2:1. Now extrapolate those number when games like Uncharted are released in April? I'd be surprised if April sales aren't 4:1, then by next Christmas, with a price drop, I see PS4 staying in the 3.5:1 ro 4:1 ratio from the end of this year. Microsoft won't sellin 7.5 million again, unless Sony mess up, or QB is the best game ever released in the history of gaming. Or another similar exclusive. Those are the only scenarios I see where Microsoft could hit some impressive targets.

"Prediction: Microsoft will launch the Xbox Two in 2017 or 2018"

Pretty sure that prediction is going to fail.
Playstation 5 & Xbox Two, are first going to be comeing out around 2020.

Even then, both will be fully backwards compatable (I think), and alot of games will be run on both PS4+PS5, and Xb1+XB2.

Maybe X1 is selling much worse than PS4, but fact is that is selling better than Xbox 360 in same time frame, so I dont think MS will rush new console, certainly not in 2017/2018.