By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction: Microsoft will launch the Xbox Two in 2017 or 2018

When will the Xbox Two launch?

this year 22 3.14%

in 2017 34 4.86%

in 2018 147 21.00%

in 2019 239 34.14%

in 2020 156 22.29%

after 2020 102 14.57%

Total:700
S.T.A.G.E. said:
HokageTenshi said:
PC already is becoming future XB

The PC is the alternative. Microsoft is trying to drive us closer to digital. With Sony and Nintendo in the picture and Microsoft having hopes of dominating the console space, full digital will not become a possibility. For now them using the PC with cross play is an alternative revenue stream since the mass of the gamers jumped ship back to Sony. They are working to kill two birds with one stone. 

1. Kill the gap with the PC realm and their exclusive network. Melding the two with their second wave games.

2. Obtain profit where the console realm will not attain maxmum profit capacity.

All the while...keeping in mind that they need to keep their pillar games exclusive from even the PC to keep the Xbox One as sought after as possible. 

P.S.

As long as PC has steam they dont need Xbox Live on WIndows 10. It is a pale picture in comparison. Think of Windows 10 as Microsoft's contribution to PC where they were absent last gen.

Exactly this is all about digital, and PC is miles ahead of consoles when it comes to digital sales so integrating the two makes sense. Also this way they can tackle Valve on two fronts, the Steam store(by pushing the Microsoft Store) and the Steam Box(wich Xbox One essentially will be and more). The only thing i wonder is could they get to the point that all games you buy in the Microsoft Store are cross buy? That would be a huge advantage over Sony.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I just think the writting's on the wall. Microsoft is really tipping their hand imo. 

No, I think some people just assume the worst.

If X1 was selling as poorly as Wii U or Vita, I'd understand your reasoning.

It's not about sales. If you go back to the original Xbox, Microsoft never had an interest in being in the console business. The original Xbox was, according to the horses mouth, nothing more than a trojan horse into the living room. Microsoft was worried Sony was going to beat them to the punch in that regard and the Xbox was their solution. This is why you saw the slow and obvious "evolution" of the platform from core gaming machine (Xbox) to casual love fest (Kinect) to nothing but tv, tv and more tv (original Xbox One). Even within those leaked docs that came out a few years before the Xbox One launched, the bullet points were talking about their platform evolving into an "entertainment" device. Hell, their own brass started saying as much (remember the guy who said the 360 wasn't a console anymore, but an entertainment box?).

I think having Xbox One bomb so hard as far as achieving their main goal of being said entertainment device has thrown their plans into a top spin and they're struggling to make a shift now. I don't believe they're trying to figure out a way to remain a console gaming player. I think they're trying to figure out how to transition their core fanbase over to windows so they can get out because their business plan (entertainment hub of the living room) failed. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, I think some people just assume the worst.

If X1 was selling as poorly as Wii U or Vita, I'd understand your reasoning.

It's not about sales. If you go back to the original Xbox, Microsoft never had an interest in being in the console business. The original Xbox was, according to the horses mouth, nothing more than a trojan horse into the living room. Microsoft was worried Sony was going to beat them to the punch in that regard and the Xbox was their solution. This is why you saw the slow and obvious "evolution" of the platform from core gaming machine (Xbox) to casual love fest (Kinect) to nothing but tv, tv and more tv (original Xbox One). Even within those leaked docs that came out a few years before the Xbox One launched, the bullet points were talking about their platform evolving into an "entertainment" device. Hell, their own brass started saying as much (remember the guy who said the 360 wasn't a console anymore, but an entertainment box?).

I think having Xbox One bomb so far as far as achieving their main goal of being said entertainment device has thrown their plans into a top spin and they're struggling to make a shift now. I don't believe they're trying to figure out a way to remain a console gaming player. I think think they're trying to figure out how to transition their core fanbase over to windows so they can get out. 

Oh boy... you have an anti Xbox agenda and ignore anything MS does that doesn't support your argument.

Xbox never stopped being a core gaming machine and MS never stopped pushing core games. MS tried to appeal to casuals as well and they had some success with that.

Xbox and Playstation are both entertainment boxes. Millions of people use them for other forms of entertainment outside of video games. There would be less demand for them if they were just game consoles.

X1 didn't bomb. Vita and Wii U are only the bombs this gen. MS knows their biggest mistakes with X1. It was launching with Kinect and high price. The biggest mistake with PS3 was also high price. Next gen, they need to be more competitively price and keep pumping out notable games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I think having Xbox One bomb so far as far as achieving their main goal of being said entertainment device has thrown their plans into a top spin and they're struggling to make a shift now. I don't believe they're trying to figure out a way to remain a console gaming player. I think think they're trying to figure out how to transition their core fanbase over to windows so they can get out. 

Oh boy... you have an anti Xbox agenda and ignore anything MS does that doesn't support your argument.

Xbox never stopped being a core gaming machine and MS never stopped pushing core games. MS tried to appeal to casuals as well and they had some success with that.

Xbox and Playstation are both entertainment boxes. Millions of people use them for other forms of entertainment outside of video games. There would be less demand for them if they were just game consoles.

X1 didn't bomb. Vita and Wii U are only the bombs this gen. MS knows their biggest mistakes with X1. It was launching with Kinect and high price. The biggest mistake with PS3 was also high price. Next gen, they need to be more competitively price and keep pumping out notable games.

I don't have an anti Xbox agenda. I gamed on that platform from 2002 to this year. I just believe that they're not interested in competeing in the home console market anymore. I'm entitled to that opinion. You don't have to agree, but please try not to lobby assumptions about my motives and/or character. It doesn't do you any favors in a debate or exchange and only serves to derail your original argument, whatever that may be.

As far as Vita and Wii-U bombing, I don't have the data on Vita what Nintendo's gaming division made more money than Sony's gaming division last quarter so, no, it didn't bomb. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Think of Windows 10 as Microsoft's contribution to PC where they were absent last gen.

They weren't absent last gen, Games for Windows was poor execution.

Frankly, it would be awesome if they brought some of those GFW titles to Steam and Windows Store without that DRM.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
nanarchy said:

BS. at worst they are breaking even with hardware, but more likely profitable. The XOne sales while not at ps4 levels are still excellent and cheaper to produce than the ps4. 2019 is a far more likely scenario.

The console can be profitable with the Software sales, but of course they are losing a lot of money with hardware, the Xbox One, isn't cheaper to produce like the Playstation 4, because Playstation 4, have mass production, on the Q3 of 2015, Playstation 4, shipped 3 Millions units, while Xbox One, 800-900 Thousands of units, with more shipments is cheaper to produce.

And they are giving the console for 300US$, and some with Gift Card, so is 250-270US$ some consoles.

you really have no clue. both consoles are easily selling enough to benefit from mass production though mass production only reduces a certain percentage of the cost. Both have some very real fixed costs from their suppliers and shipping etc which likely aren't being reduced from mass production and both consoles sell at similiar prices. either they are both losing a lot on hardware or both are doing fine.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't have an anti Xbox agenda. I gamed on that platform from 2002 to this year. I just believe that they're not interested in competeing in the home console market anymore. I'm entitled to that opinion. You don't have to agree, but please try not to lobby assumptions about my motives and/or character. It doesn't do you any favors in a debate or exchange and only serves to derail your original argument, whatever that may be.

As far as Vita and Wii-U bombing, I don't have the data on Vita what Nintendo's gaming division made more money than Sony's gaming division last quarter so, no, it didn't bomb. 

I'm making an assumption based on your words and the things you conveniently ignore. MS isn't in the console market solely for gaming but its crucial part of having a successful entertainment device. Therefore MS employees people who are passionate about gaming to handle that. The same thing goes for Sony by the way, Playstation is not just a gaming device and Sony uses the Playstation brand to push services that have nothing to do with gaming.

Its a safe bet Nintendo is relying on 3DS for profits these days. The Wii U is their biggest home console failure ever, which is most surprising given it followed their biggest console success ever.

You don't need data on Vita. Its lack of support and being virutally non existent at many retailers says it all.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Playstation 2 was the best selling console and was just a Console, with Just games.

a Console with just Games and good games, can out-sell a console with Multi-midia functions, because people only want to play games when purchase a Gaming console, and Online gaming is just a Gaming feature is not a Multimidia feature, People don't purchase Playstation, to hear Music, to see Movies, they just add those features to be more easy for people that already is playing, just do 2 clicks and use the Multimidia, that other wise would take a little while to acess the Multi-midia, if Someone want Multi-midia, so a PC, is what the person need, not a Home Console.

Billions and Billions of hours spend on gaming, much more than on the Features, the Features are nearly un-existent, in Time Usage, the features are just there for Practical use.

If someone make a Console, with very good games, good third party support, just with Games, and Online Gaming, the console can still dominate the market, just like PS1, and PS2, did.

would that work and change the market in favor to xbox?

Why would someone buy a new xbox too soon? the same visuals we have now in consoles, but in higher resolution (QHD?), and it would not be cheaper than ps4. People would still get ps4 instead xbox. old xbox one owners would be pissed because they wont be able to play the new games on their system.

I really cant see a new console from MS or Sony before 2020.

Launching an early X2 would cost MS billions of dollars and there'd be no guarantee they'd be able to recoup that. Might as well milk as much as they can out of the X1 that they've already invested billions into.